Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 3:40 am

So I'm letting 3mg melatonin, 1.6g Valerian extract & three cups of green tea wrestle for control of my brain stem... Garnished with ~30 minutes of anime craziness. Does anyone else enjoy this? I feel like it's a sort of a neurological spider fight. I've always liked my amygdala more than my adrenal gland anyways... :alien:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2015, 4:35 am

Insomnia is quite fun! I do not know how people can live without it~ The one skill Insomnia taught me is how to brew a good pot of green tea.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 5:58 am

XD I only drink green at night lately. Takes a lot to really perk me up and the astringent properties of the tea are very healthy. During the day (when I'm awake :roll: ) I switch to Pu'erh, Oolong, Lapsang & Assam. Well good morning ladies & germs, Valerian wins so I'll see you later. :tired:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 9:49 am

I don't know much about anime---

Why do so many people like anime?

I really want to hear it from the "horse's mouth."

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jan 2015, 11:14 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't know much about anime---

Why do so many people like anime?

I really want to hear it from the "horse's mouth."

I think most people like anime because their fan of the Japanese culture.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 11:26 am

I can understand that. The Japanese culture seems to emphasize self-discipline and emotional restraint more than other cultures.

People who are emotional by nature, quite possibly, feel better when they encounter something which is entertaining, yet provides a feeling of stability. I'm wondering if that's the reason why anime is so popular these days.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 12:32 pm

Although I do put a lot of thought & concentration towards reconciling my emotions, I'd say anime runs the gambit just as much as any other form of fiction. I mostly got into it after running out of sci-fi to watch elsewhere. It is unique in providing a lot of canvas for the hypothetical. A lot of series also include psychological elements, it all adds up to some uniquely anthropomorphic mental floss. Watch Ghost in the Shell (the origin of my Avatar) and you'll see what I'm writing about...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 8:39 pm

Thanks very much.

I guess I'll have to watch some anime myself in order to get a better idea of it.