Who else is celebrating Happy Singles' Day?

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Will you be alone on Valentine's?
Yes 59%  59%  [ 13 ]
No - with friend(s) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
No - with romantic partner/date 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
Unsure as of now 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22

23andaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jan 2015, 1:11 am

Who else anticipates they'll be spending Valentine's Day alone? And if so, what do you plan on doing?

Axis I: 299.80 Asperger's Syndrome, 314.00 Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Predominantly Inattentive Type
Blog: http://www.23andaspie.com

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 2:18 am

You're never alone when you have cheap Valentine's Day chocolate.

But... I've had a lot of chocolate lately as it is, so I probably will be. Urf.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 2:51 am

I am unsure at this point but most likely will be by myself...and probably will not do anything specific.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

I won't be alone...I have Princess Peach, Samus Aran, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, the ladies of Fire Emblem and tons more gorgeous women. *sigh*, I depressed myself even more with that joke :(

In the pretty much guaranteed event I am alone on depression day I'll be playing video games and watching what little is worth watching on TV. I'm still hoping I finally find a woman willing to give me a chance by then though....

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:39 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
You're never alone when you have cheap Valentine's Day chocolate..

I like the way you think.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm

I still don't really know if I'm single or where I'll be. :?:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:50 pm

I’ll spend it either alone or with family or acquaintances I’ll never consider friends.

I know I won’t be happy.

I could be doing something right now about it. I really want to do it, but I know I won’t, because I’m too weak.

I know a person worthy of living would be able to, because, unlike having a romantic or sexual partner, it depends only on me.

Okay, having made it shameful enough for myself to come back to WrongPlanet before Valentine’s Day, I’m off to do what I should be doing. If I believed in God, I’d sincerely ask Him to punish me with the slowest and most painful possible death if I visit this site in any way, shape or form, or otherwise spend undue time on the Internet, or any surrogate medium, in the next twenty-eight days.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 1:59 pm

The big thing about Valentine's Day is going out to a nice dinner with your girlfriend/boyfriend. I cook nearly all of my own meals anyway. If I do go out, it is usually just to a hamburger place and if it is not far, I get it to go and take it home or to the office. I generally find it to be far more comfortable to eat alone.

So if there are any couples where I'm eating, it is likely to be either high school kids at the hamburger place (and who cares) or someone thought my kitchen was the place to go on a date, the odds of which is rather unlikely.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 2:23 pm

V-DAY is my yearly D-DAY, every year is horrible and gets worse each year, just fight to make it through the day. wish I wasn't born in february, really puts a damper on my birthday.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:18 pm

I'll very likely still be single & I'm ok with that. Valentine's day certainly is no reason to want to rush into dating someone in advance of. I'll meet the right someone whenever our paths cross. Could be soon, could be a ways away yet.

Not sure, might be working. If so, and I'm off early enough, I'll do what I do on late Fri/Sat evenings and go visit my closest friend at his work for last call & end the night with a *hug* goodbye/goodnight. Otherwise I'll just do whatever I want to lol. If other friends are free, I might spend time with them and/or their kids. Or I might go for a run and read a book etc.

I've never had Valentine's day plans in my life soooo it's not really a big deal for me in the least bit. I used to find it a bit of a depressing day, to be honest, but now that I'm a lot happier and healthier in general I'm rather indifferent to it. I might buy some chocolates/candies for some of the little kids in my life, but other than that, meh, it's just another Saturday.

In terms of dating - I think it'll be better once we're passed February 14th because then people will be a little more relaxed about going on first dates vs. thinking about having a significant other for Valentine's day. So, in a way I'm kinda looking forward to it to being over so I may have an increased chance of meeting someone new. Hmmm..

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 3:50 pm

It just occurred to me the next season of Game of Thrones starts in February....maybe I can watch some of that on valentines day nothing like some good old blood, guts, backstabbing, death, revenge, prostitution, dragons, torture and Dire Wolves lol(think that about covers much of what the show has in it).

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 6:47 pm

^Don't forget blasphemy, arson & infanticide XD

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 9:40 pm

I don't make plans for that day, whether I have a partner or not. It's just not a thing I acknowledge/celebrate. I mean, I do have plans, there's an event I'm going to. Partnered or single that's what I'm doing. No man or woman and their sentimental ideals would stop me!

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2015, 11:59 pm

23andaspie wrote:
Who else anticipates they'll be spending Valentine's Day alone? And if so, what do you plan on doing?

If you are single, keep in mind that Valentine's day is also Monopole Day 8)

So if you're alone, remember the lone monopole detected on Valentine's day, 1982 at Stanford.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 6:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
It just occurred to me the next season of Game of Thrones starts in February....maybe I can watch some of that on valentines day nothing like some good old blood, guts, backstabbing, death, revenge, prostitution, dragons, torture and Dire Wolves lol(think that about covers much of what the show has in it).

I've changed my mind. I'll do cheap candy and Game of Thrones!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 7:14 pm

downbutnotout wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I've changed my mind. I'll do cheap candy and Game of Thrones!

I'd be happy to just soak in a hot tub. All I have at the moment is a shower.