Why patriarchy oppresses men and women alike

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 11:30 am

its funny how the usual MRAs immediately jump into defensive mode before reading the thread properly.

This thread isn't about feminism, its about men's rights for once, or at least non conventional beta men.

My deviant art profile

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

Perhaps our quick technological advancement in the past century has allowed for the traditionally weaker men to have a larger place in society, but they still have the same weaknesses in the typical areas, so they'll note these. Whereas in the past men would have understood their place in relation to other men (you could say the same with women/feminists that want more than equal rights under law today).

I'm sure the quick advancement will have interesting effects on our species, that will be evident in ways that typically don't manifest naturally. Especially with how much time we all have on our hands and ease of communication.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

Patriarchy is AKIN TO Female Genital Mutilation.

It is A big SCAM designed to control men through subjugation of illusory fears of emotions being weak instead of STRONG.

THE BIGGEST PLOY OF Patriarchy is to EXCLAIM THAT EMOTIONS are weak.

The truth of the matter is Pro-Social emotions EMOTE STRENGTH; EVEN THE AFTER effect of the AFFECT OF CRYING.

THE TRUTH IS GRACE IS WORKING WITH GRAVITY, per ways of physical intelligence and movement as any REAL TRUE ARTIST IN THE ARTS OF MARTIAL ARTS WILL SHOW YA.. instead of telling ya.. as ACTION GETS THE POINT across in flesh and blood reciprocal social interaction/communication PER THE MOST IMPORTANT AND WIDELY UNDERSTOOD method of communication/interaction in the NON-VERBAL WAY that science shows consists of around 60 to 90 percent of all human reciprocal social communication.

Yeah, PATRIARCHY teaches don't be too non-verbally expressive too, to keep ya ball and chained from getting communication across IN FULLER RECIPROCAL SOCIAL COMMUNICATION flesh and blood WAYS!

I am born fragile and continue to be so in beta and even omega male ways until I let the free flow of emotions and grace out in LIVING COLOR AND MOVEMENT, and now I am commonly recognized as the ALPHA MALE IN STARES that rarely look up at me square in the eye in REAL LIFE flesh and blood WAYS.

Bruce Lee CAN SHOW ya all about IT, if he is still alive, BUT WAIT, AS A RESULT OF RECORDING DEVICES HE STILL DOES in ACTION AND METAPHOR OF THE HOUSING OF WORDS.

BE THE WATER IS GRACE, not macho patriarchy crap.

Macho patriarchy crap is nothing compared to The real HE and SHEMAN power of FREELY EXPRESSED divine feminine PRO-SOCIAL HUMAN emotions and grace fully expressed in living color and movement.

But please don't let 'our' secret out, as the inherently strong could be the DOMINANT ONES then too, where I live in PATRIARCHY TOWN, A FEW MILES NORTH, AS studied per science in the link below.

[youtube]http://mic.com/articles/76309/if-you-can-t-stand-hipsters-these-11-cities-are-for-you[/youtube]

Yeah, Pensacola, FL, is the THE UNITED STATES KINGDOM OF THE PATRIARCHS STILL.

AND THEY usually don't believe a thing I SHOW 'EM but on the other hand they give me absolutely no FLACK NOW THAT I AM ENJOINED WITH THE DIVINE POWER OF FEMININE pro-social emotions and grace as well AS MASCULINE POWER OF WILL to survive.

Patriarchy is simply 'STUPID' FOR THOSE who are IGNORANT ENOUGH not TO EVEN UNDERSTAND one's FULL INHERENT HUMAN NATURE AS BALANCED feminine and masculine divined creature!

But no selfish loss, to me at least, as it's kinda cool being both the 'nicest AND strongest' one in PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONS AND GRACE WITH WILL TO SURVIVE IN the herds I visit in REAL LIFE NOW.

PHILOSOPHY CAN and WILL TEACH one THIS, but science still can't touch it, with my 10 FOOT pole. ;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm

The patriarchy says to men, you are responsible for everyone's well being and this can stress men out, put them in bad moods, zap their energy, subtract from their quality of life.

It also says to women, honey, you have to look at the men for your happiness and if the man isn't happy, which he might very well be miserable due to the size of the burden weighing down his shoulders so happiness in his expression could very well be in short supply, the woman cannot be happy, either.

It makes more sense to say to everyone they are responsible for their own well being and happiness, regardless of gender and that everyone is pretty much dependent on everyone else for necessities in life like food and shelter.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm

1401b wrote:
You wont - for two very key reasons.
A. You don't really want to.
B. There IS no "deep thinking", feminism is a POLITICAL movement.

A -you prove over and over and you quoting this shows you're still playing a Blame Game for your unhappiness -via cherrypicking.
B -Political movements NEVER have deep thinking -it's always only rhetoric and buzz phrases. And money.

Fairness is easy and requires no deep or profound thinking. It's unfortunate that so many overprotected children never learn what it is and then grow up to become Entitlement Babies.

Stop "searching in vain" for deep thinking and do YOUR OWN deep thinking.
Then share with us.
I don't know what blame game and unhappiness have to do with anything I wrote in this thread. Yeah I want to find deep thinking in feminism, hence why I have searched for it. As for writing my own thoughts, I have done a fair share of that on other forums. Fairness, yes all for that. I stated my honest opinion, and the thoughtless reply "what rubbish" was what made me see that fit. I disagree with your statement on politics.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 4:50 pm

tomato wrote:
Feminism strives unknowingly toward a society of asexual androgynes. But I doubt that is what it will actually achieve, and what the conscious planners think of. I think the end result is alienation and the end of a section of humanity in the physical world, meaning they will be celibates. You'll have a generation of autistics and psychotics. And you'll have to import somalis to take care of their diapers when they get old.

That's not true. Feminism supports woman's role in society and the workplace, demands equal pay as men, accepts men can do jobs traditionally thought of as feminine, like nursing and it's true. Men make really good nurses, better than women in some cases because nursing takes a lot of physical strength in the arms and most men have this. Women tend to have weaker arms which make nursing more difficult. So in some cases, men could do a better job at certain tasks then women just due to physical strength in certain locations, like the upper arms.

It's not about being celibate or asexual. Most feminists are married and I am sure they have robust sex lives with their partners. Only a small minority of people are habitually not in relationships.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 5:06 pm

tomato wrote:
Feminism strives unknowingly toward a society of asexual androgynes. But I doubt that is what it will actually achieve, and what the conscious planners think of. I think the end result is alienation and the end of a section of humanity in the physical world, meaning they will be celibates. You'll have a generation of autistics and psychotics. And you'll have to import somalis to take care of their diapers when they get old.

John Calhoun's experiment, per the "Beautiful Ones", WAY BACK IN THE 60'S PER THIS UTOPIAN RAT SOCIETY STUDY WITH all you can eat rat food and no clearly 'defined' rat social roles IS already panning out in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

Take away clearly 'defined' social roles AND KEEP THE SUBSISTENCE COMING IN, and one can get sexless RATS, AND EVEN EXTINCTION.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/20/young-people-japan-stopped-having-sex

THE Somali's are not part of the CLEAN UP CREWS that are CURRENTLY A real thing to clean up the remains of the old folks who have no flesh and blood connections in Japan.

It is a crisis of NOT ENOUGH SEX among younger folks IN JAPAN.

So hell YEAH, THIS FRIGGING AIN'T A BLACK AND WHITE ISSUE, AND THERE ARE DAM SURE MANY DEEPER PHILOSOPHICAL IMPLICATIONS FOR HUMANKIND AS A WHOLE, when culture loses defined social roles for women and MEN.

AND on top of that NOTHING IN LIFE IS BLACK AND WHITE, and that is CLEAR AS THE EMOTION that precedes the logic PER the originator of almost ALL SO-CALLED REASONED DECISIONS to PHYSICS AND the frigging Quantum Physics Observer Effect.

Humans create computers but HELL NO, NEITHER ANY HUMAN MIND OR ANY HUMAN IDEA TRULY ACTS LIKE BITS AND BYTES OF COMPUTER CODE.

AS FAR AS HUMAN BEING and what goes in human reality, In NOW, IT'S most ALL DRIVEN BY human EMOTION, UNLESS one IS CONGENITALLY OR ENVIRONMENTALLY 'deFORMED' in ways of BRAIN/MIND and body balance thinking, FEELING, AND BEING, overall.

And to be clear Tomato, I am TOTALLY AGREEING WITH YOU, and just expanding on the TRUTH you just BRIEFED 'US' ON. :)

OH AND the trend goes on in South Korea with the male cosmetic revolution.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2013/05/south-korean-men-cosmetics-crazed/

Yes, FEMINISM IS EXTREMELY COMPLICATED.

THERE IS nothing simple about it, nor is there anything simple about 'normal' humans when the EMOTIONAL LIFE OF so-called 'normal' HUMANS IS MORE FULLY Considered.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2015, 5:24 pm

What women want is the access to the same supervising roles as men and the same salaries. Give us that and the goals of feminists will be fulfilled.

And give us the same amount of respect, too. If there's a woman who's a manager at work, treat her with the same respect as a man. Sometimes, it's other women who have trouble with this, at least where I live, because they tend to resent women due to the fact flirting doesn't really go very far.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 4:41 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
tomato wrote:

That's not true. Feminism supports woman's role in society and the workplace, demands equal pay as men, accepts men can do jobs traditionally thought of as feminine, like nursing and it's true. Men make really good nurses, better than women in some cases because nursing takes a lot of physical strength in the arms and most men have this. Women tend to have weaker arms which make nursing more difficult. So in some cases, men could do a better job at certain tasks then women just due to physical strength in certain locations, like the upper arms.

It's not about being celibate or asexual. Most feminists are married and I am sure they have robust sex lives with their partners. Only a small minority of people are habitually not in relationships.

When I hear a feminist it's often a surreal experience, like they're not real, they're not there. It's like there was a glitch in the matrix. I feel stuck in a frozen state like those eternal thought loops some mental patients have. I twitch and feel as though in a deja vu, or as if I just woke up and forgot that I fell asleep, where am I? Then the sudden awareness that something was not right, what was that, did I stare into the deep abyss, what is that at the corner of my eye, a UFO, a portal to another dimension? Nooo, please, don't suck me in and destroy me just yet. I bang my head on the table. I take a cold shower. I run around the block three times. No I didn't see a ghost, it was just a feminist that opened her mouth. I'm still here.

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jan 2015, 6:12 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What women want is the access to the same supervising roles as men and the same salaries. Give us that and the goals of feminists will be fulfilled.

And give us the same amount of respect, too. If there's a woman who's a manager at work, treat her with the same respect as a man. Sometimes, it's other women who have trouble with this, at least where I live, because they tend to resent women due to the fact flirting doesn't really go very far.

The gender pay gap is a myth, so, that part is accomplish.

I believe females IN GENERAL are terrible at upper management. They enjoy playing useless social games that makes businesses less effective. This is due to how females evolve to be more of a social animal then men. This can be seen throughout history as churches focus on getting females to go to church since they know they can shame males to come. Also, due to male nature one cannot challenge a women on any ideas as man have evolve to have an evolutionary bias towards women. Therefore, females are trying for overt control rather then covert control they had throughout history. Remember the good old saying behind every man there is a great woman.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

Orangez wrote:
I believe females IN GENERAL are terrible at upper management. They enjoy playing useless social games that makes businesses less effective.

I dunno about this. Men can play social games too.

Quote:
Also, due to male nature one cannot challenge a women on any ideas as man have evolve to have an evolutionary bias towards women. Therefore, females are trying for overt control rather then covert control they had throughout history. Remember the good old saying behind every man there is a great woman.

Yeah, but its no fun being behind someone all the time.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 8:00 pm

I don't know where some of these folk commenting get their ideas. I guess it is amusing reading the rather warped, albeit elaborate and nonsensical understanding of women, and people, which ironically isn't even all that defensive of their view.

However, personally I think the 'patriarchy' is somewhat of a red herring. The real issue is specific everyday instances of stereotyping (which there is plenty here in this thread), and opportunity issues.

The key word is specific, because it can go both ways or all ways, it is not a question of one identity. That is why I see movements like feminism in the context of humanism.

I do not, and will never subscribe to an identity politic, reactionary or not, that forces an identity on others. This applies to social conservatives and reactionaries alike. Masculinity like femininity is a personal issue, but we do not have a right to impose a personal view of masculinity or any identity on others.

Banging the patriarchy drum is just alienating people who would otherwise be supportive. Like I said before I liken it to words like proletariat. It is a catch all phrase, and catch all don't hold many solutions. I think feminism has long moved on from discussing the patriarchy, or at least some have.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 4:52 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The patriarchy says to men, you are responsible for everyone's well being and this can stress men out, put them in bad moods, zap their energy, subtract from their quality of life.

It also says to women, honey, you have to look at the men for your happiness and if the man isn't happy, which he might very well be miserable due to the size of the burden weighing down his shoulders so happiness in his expression could very well be in short supply, the woman cannot be happy, either.

It makes more sense to say to everyone they are responsible for their own well being and happiness, regardless of gender and that everyone is pretty much dependent on everyone else for necessities in life like food and shelter.
You know what I havent thought of that. Although things are starting to click though because as a man growing up the thought process of having to have so many burdens on my shoulders is my job its been drilled into my head. I am required to take care of everyone elses well being leaving none for my own.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm

A vast majority of feminists are only interested in discussing with people who agree with their basic premises and goals, and when you don't all they say is "what rubbish". I used to try to have intellectual discussions but did not succeed and I'm currently not trying. (I tried somewhat in this thread and you see how that went) All feminists I have met have a very low ability to think of secondary effects in politics, and a very low ability to abstract away from their emotional attachments. They really are like those dolls with a few recorded messages that play randomly when you press its belly.

What Sam Harris says here makes total sense when you have seen a few feminists:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 9:49 pm

Hahaha actually Baby Alive was a doll that could eat baby food and use the bathroom in its diaper. It was a mad rage in which so many parents had to run to the store at Christmas in order to buy their daughter a Baby Alive before they all disappeared. My best friend received a Baby Alive for Christmas one year and we weren't allowed to take it out of the package because her parents thought it would be worth a lot of money one day. They wanted to leave it in the box and resell it later on, brand new. My friend didn't get to play with her own present and that wasn't the only time. She also had a life size doll that never got to leave the box, either.

I used to make fun of Baby Alives only because the song in the ad was so smarmy it made my nerves wrought just hearing it. It was kinda like the first every Cabbage Patch craze.

My mom would mock whoever bought a Baby Alive. She had no clue why anyone would spend money on a doll that fake defecated in it's own diaper after it was fed fake food. She bad mouthed the doll so thoroughly it ruined my chance of ever wanting one for Christmas. She told me she was glad I didn't want one because she didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to buy one .

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 1:06 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Hahaha actually Baby Alive was a doll that could eat baby food and use the bathroom in its diaper. It was a mad rage in which so many parents had to run to the store at Christmas in order to buy their daughter a Baby Alive before they all disappeared. My best friend received a Baby Alive for Christmas one year and we weren't allowed to take it out of the package because her parents thought it would be worth a lot of money one day. They wanted to leave it in the box and resell it later on, brand new. My friend didn't get to play with her own present and that wasn't the only time. She also had a life size doll that never got to leave the box, either.

I used to make fun of Baby Alives only because the song in the ad was so smarmy it made my nerves wrought just hearing it. It was kinda like the first every Cabbage Patch craze.

My mom would mock whoever bought a Baby Alive. She had no clue why anyone would spend money on a doll that fake defecated in it's own diaper after it was fed fake food. She bad mouthed the doll so thoroughly it ruined my chance of ever wanting one for Christmas. She told me she was glad I didn't want one because she didn't want to go through the hassle of trying to buy one .
That's funny but I'm dead serious. I think it's about as easy to manipulate a grown woman in political questions as it is to influence a little girl to crave such a doll. And they are about equally annoying.