Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 1:21 am

I think if your ancestors immigrated somewhere else then the duration of the trip wouldn't of been the same, so the reproduction wouldn't of been exactly the same as when they made their children so you and your whole family wouldn't exist.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 11:13 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
I participated in the Genographic Project that attempts to map historical human migration patterns by collecting and analyzing DNA samples of people from around the world. I live in the United States. The migration of some of my ancestors was traced from what is now Uganda, through the Middle East and up to Europe. If an ancestor had not left the Uganda region, the equivalent of me would live in one of the poorest nations in the world.

F**king kewl :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Would you consider making a thread about this experience???

pls, pls, pretty pls :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

I wouldn't have existed if whatever turn of events that made my ancestors meet and marry each other hadn't happened. The collection of genes that makes me wouldn't be here, it would be something else.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:54 am

naturalplastic wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:
I participated in the Genographic Project that attempts to map historical human migration patterns by collecting and analyzing DNA samples of people from around the world. I live in the United States. The migration of some of my ancestors was traced from what is now Uganda, through the Middle East and up to Europe. If an ancestor had not left the Uganda region, the equivalent of me would live in one of the poorest nations in the world.

Interesting.

Your Ugandan ancestors must have been taken as slaves to Arabia by Arab slave traders. Then subsequent generations married into the local Arab population before moving further north into Europe. Maybe some of your ancestors were in the armies of the Ottoman Empire that occupied the Balkans and laid siege to Vienna.

The Genographic Project goes back past 60,000 years ago. I like your theory, naturalplastic. A writer could base a very interesting novel on that. The dna results had a map that began in the area of Uganda. I'm guessing that was early humans. They now have The Genographic Project 2.0 which is more detailed and includes testing for Neanderthal dna :D I am waiting on results from that swab.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

slave wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

I would not know what to say to start the thread. Any ideas? I respond to threads but rarely start them. I have a lot of inertia. Thanks, slave!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
slave wrote:
justkillingtime wrote:

I would not know what to say to start the thread. Any ideas? I respond to threads but rarely start them. I have a lot of inertia. Thanks, slave!

I'll start one for you.

I'll call it " The Genographic Project 1.0+2.0 A Participant's Story "

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=281179

There you go now you won't have to start it....you can just tell us about your part in the project. :D :D :D :D :D

Inertia overcome :P :nerdy: :nerdy:

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 3:45 am

No idea who my ancestors were as my maternal grandmother left my mother with the baby sitter whom then adopted her. Mother had a fling with a navy guy whom disappeared never to be seen again so no idea who my real father is let alone my grandparents from his side.
Good innit? :roll:

Kenny12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Apr 2015, 7:38 am

removed

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2015, 7:53 pm

If my ancestors hadn't pioneered and settled in the the Appalachian Mountains in the 1600's, then they probably wouldn't have been forcibly removed from their land by Teddy Roosevelt and placed in coal mine towns where their pay barely covered food an rent that was monopolized by the coal company. And they wouldn't of had to deal with the U.S. military making sure that striking or leaving was nearly impossible. Today, most of my extended family probably wouldn't be living in third world conditions in the heart of America. My grandfather might not have been the one and only member of the family given the privilege of going to college after the 10th grade (they didn't have 11th or 12th.) If only we had settled elsewhere...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

slave
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
If my ancestors hadn't pioneered and settled in the the Appalachian Mountains in the 1600's, then they probably wouldn't have been forcibly removed from their land by Teddy Roosevelt and placed in coal mine towns where their pay barely covered food an rent that was monopolized by the coal company. And they wouldn't of had to deal with the U.S. military making sure that striking or leaving was nearly impossible. Today, most of my extended family probably wouldn't be living in third world conditions in the heart of America. My grandfather might not have been the one and only member of the family given the privilege of going to college after the 10th grade (they didn't have 11th or 12th.) If only we had settled elsewhere...

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
that is HARSH....i had no idea they did that