Would you date a girl who doesn't wear dresses?

Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:35 am

What you said is absolutely true.

It ALL depends upon the individual person.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

Actually there are universal things that men/women tend to find attractive at least physical wise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness

Of course this only takes into account physical qualities. You can be one ugly mother firetrucker and still be successful with the opposite sex if you compensate with your great big personality (and great big bank account).

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:54 am

In general, women wearing traditional male clothing will make you less attractive to men. Hetero men are obviously attracted to women, not men. It is still possible to look attractive and avoid dresses. Dresses are just an easy shortcut to looking "girly". It is also possible for men to be attracted to women in men's clothing, but it takes longer, it probably won't be an instant thing, unless they are personally into the "tomboy" look. You will have to win them with your personality. Or in my case, a really nice ass.

AspieAdmirer
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2015, 3:10 pm

If I were you, I would get become more healthy and learn to exude more confidence. Who cares what you wear? Wear what you! If you want to dress for comfort, do that! If you want to wear something that makes you feel sexy, do that! If you want to wear something to illicit a certain response from people, do that too! Clothing is a tool. You control it.

I agree with one of the previous posters that your size and your confidence is lot more important than whether you wear dresses or not.

I'm speaking from the point of view of a bisexual female. This is the advice I would give myself, my female friends, or a female partner.

nomoretears
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
elliot87 wrote:
I wouldn't notice if you didn't tell me

Notice what? Sorry I'm confused.

I don't think it would matter so much to most about you not wearing dresses, as long as you can work it, grrrl! :-)

That's what he means. You don't wear a dress? The dress too tight on your butt? Hmmm...didn't notice. Too busy focusing on that amazing smile.

I wish there was a 'like' button.

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2015, 5:14 pm

Yeah, most guys I know do not understand why girls think we look at fashion. I think that most of us don't give a flippity fish about makeup and perfume and overly complicated clothing. We would feel a huge relief if all that stuff just vanished from the planet. Maybe just unplug your television and steer clear of magazines.

I am married but if I were looking to cash in my life again, this is what I would look for:

1. It is the sparkle in your eye that gets us. Eyeliner actually ruins it.
2. I'd weigh out whether or not you can be okay with who I am.
3. I would look at the way you treat people that you don't like and give you a bitterness-potential rating.
4. I would check out your Mother to see a bigger picture of any potential long-term relationship. (You likely share more traits with your Mother than you may realize)
5. I would then look at your interests and determine whether I could tolerate them for the rest of my life.
6. Finally, I would test your rationality with several situational tests that will never be spoken of between us.

What were you worrying about again?

Beau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm

Anachron wrote:
6. Finally, I would test your rationality with several situational tests that will never be spoken of between us.

I'm intrigued. Care to elaborate?

To xxZeromancerlovexx:
If you have access to a pool (gym, school, etc), then I'd recommend swimming because it's an excellent form of exercise; the majority of your muscles are going to get used and you're not going to feel the painful impact that running may cause on your knees/shins. I think you mentioned issues with self-confidence in your earlier posts, so you might be uncomfortable with the environment, but if you are able to overcome it, then this may be a great way to exercise. Also, if you're interested, then is an atypical antidepressant called Bupropion (Wellbutrin) that has limited adverse effect profile like nausea, insomnia, and jitteriness. However, there have been studies indicating that it decreases appetite and causes weight loss. Maybe something to look into/ask your physician.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 10:28 pm

If I gain weight, I gain weight. Weight gain happens to people. I look at clothes and looking at pictures of women online who are different sizes than me (smaller and bigger) and my confidence has been permanently damaged because I feel inferior compared to other women. I would love to weigh to 98 pounds like some women, but I weigh 230 so that's out of the question.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm

I would, I dont care if they wear jeans or cargo pants either.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 9:21 am

Well the good news about weight is that it can be changed. Will it be harder for some people? Probably but not impossible. You can't change your height or disability so you have to suck it up.

The truth is weight wise you don't have to be really skinny as a lot of guys like curvier women. But its probably true that most guys don't like obese women. Obese and curvy are different but an obese women can become curvy if she can learn to burn some fat off. Theres nothing wrong with being overweight if you have it in right places if you know what I mean, it's being obese that's bad for you.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 9:54 am

I'm a tomboy and always have been, though sometimes I do think it's fun to wear a dress if I like the way it looks on me and I'm in the right mood. I'm a healthy weight but do know first-hand how much it stinks to gain pounds due to meds, but even then I'd rather be happy and relatively healthy than thin and miserable! Here are some tips for finding flattering clothes that might help: http://www.wikihow.com/Dress-Well-when- ... Overweight

I think that finding and keeping love is about much more than physical attraction--that's just lust. I wasn't overly attracted to my husband of 20 years when we first started dating, but I knew he was a sweet man with great character; if there's such a thing as soul-mates, we are, and it was absolutely worth putting my hesitance aside while I got to know him better. As it turns out, he's one of those guys who gets better looking with age, so in the end, I got it all! (I sooooo want to tease the other women who passed him up!) If you're looking for more than a one-night stand, any potential mate who's too concerned about your weight or appearance to notice what's really great about you is not worth your time.

IMO, life is too short to waste time wearing uncomfortable clothes, so find what appeals to you and makes you feel appealing, then get on with the more important things!

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 2:10 pm

KimD wrote:
I'm a tomboy and always have been, though sometimes I do think it's fun to wear a dress if I like the way it looks on me and I'm in the right mood. I'm a healthy weight but do know first-hand how much it stinks to gain pounds due to meds, but even then I'd rather be happy and relatively healthy than thin and miserable! Here are some tips for finding flattering clothes that might help: http://www.wikihow.com/Dress-Well-when- ... Overweight

I think that finding and keeping love is about much more than physical attraction--that's just lust. I wasn't overly attracted to my husband of 20 years when we first started dating, but I knew he was a sweet man with great character; if there's such a thing as soul-mates, we are, and it was absolutely worth putting my hesitance aside while I got to know him better. As it turns out, he's one of those guys who gets better looking with age, so in the end, I got it all! (I sooooo want to tease the other women who passed him up!) If you're looking for more than a one-night stand, any potential mate who's too concerned about your weight or appearance to notice what's really great about you is not worth your time.

IMO, life is too short to waste time wearing uncomfortable clothes, so find what appeals to you and makes you feel appealing, then get on with the more important things!

I'm wearing a knee length skirt with boots today and feel very comfortable. My skinny jeans are all torn up :(

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Rossum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Mar 2015, 2:37 pm

It's about the person and not the contents of their wardrobe.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I would, I dont care if they wear jeans or cargo pants either.

Agreed. As long as the person dresses in non-offensive clothing and keeps good hygiene, I see no issue.

JerryM
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Mar 2015, 2:59 am

My fiancee has never worn a dress since I've met her six years ago yet I've never cared because I enjoy being with her for her not her clothes.

LillaA
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Mar 2015, 8:04 am

I grew up in a very conservative home where we wore skirts and dresses for religious reasons. As an adult, I'm not part of that society anymore and have no desire to associate with it, so I rarely rarely ever wear any sort of skirt or dress since it makes me feel like I look like a religious crazy person. (Not saying religious skirt wearers are all crazy, but my family was, so that's my association.) So, I'm a 230 pound woman who only owns 2 skirts which are both waaaaay too small for me (I think they're size 10 and 12 - I could wear them on one leg, but no way around my stomach/butt!), and my man has never once had any issue with me not wearing skirts. It's really not that big of a deal to most guys, as evidenced by this thread.

And...I've always been a bigger build - I was a Size 10-12 with "birthing hips" bigger than that size when I was a teenager and unhealthfully skinny, so I've never been and never could be the 98 pound "perfect 10" blonde chick. I've never been whistled at in the street (or really dressed in a way to attract that - I had low self-confidence and it showed in my clothing choices), but my man is one that all the girls chased. So, it's not that I got stuck with the "leftovers" since I was bigger and didn't wear skirts; I got the cream of the crop. We chatted together at work, then outside of work, then became best friends, then became lovers. All the while, he had women throwing themselves at him that were a Size 0, or were popular, or always had their hair and makeup in place, or this-that-and-the-other...but he chose me. Cause he saw inside of me. He's Aspie, and I've seen some evidence that Aspies are generally a bit less appearance-focused, but regardless of the reasons, he loved who I was regardless of what size I wore or whether I was wearing pants or skirts. (And the pants I wore to work were hideous...the only ones I could find at the second-hand store that fit, but they would've looked more appropriate on a 60-year-old lady than a 19-year-old.)

Besides...as far as physical traits are concerned...doesn't no-clothes matter more than any clothes? :oops: