Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bug.Z
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

Hello, this is not my first post, but it is my first intro post.

You guys seem like a rather inoffensive bunch. I think I'll stay for a while. :)

My name is not Bug, but you may call me that. My name has not been my name for 20 years and is thus irrelevant. My age I feel like is also a fairly useless way to categorize me.

I am a smartass? Sarcasm is a skill I have picked up and become fairly proficient in. In fact, I am really quite skilled in language use. I think that may be a part of why my Aspergers took so long to be discovered(Well, that and I am a female in a family full of ASD, ADHD, and many people with an inability to express emotion effectively for a number of other reasons). My dad was a writer, and I worked as a writer for a while before I came back to school to study sciences and maths(I am a triple major: Math, Biology, and Physics).

I have ADHD, PTSD, SPD(light intensity, sound, certain textures(COTTON! owwww), sensitivity to ground shaking), GAD, social phobia.... I have alphabet soup.

I have a mind for numbers(Vector Calculus in n dimensions, anyone? :D ), love various branches of physics, am a sponge when it comes to bio info, and am exceptionally skilled in picking up patterns and diagnosing people within usually only a few minutes of interacting with them.

I am very very smart, and currently am attending a two year community college where I hope to obtain an associate's degree in Math, Physics, and Biology. From here, I would like to finish my undergrad at Yale, Columbia, MIT, Caltech, Santa Barbara, or Cornell. I am still looking into other schools and am open to suggestions! After undergrad, I hope to go overseas for grad school. I intend to get at least one PhD.

My main interests include MATH!, evolutionary biology, entomology, paleontology, ornithology, particle physics, nuclear physics, theoretical physics, cosmology, string theory, and psychology(among other things).

I have a 12 year old Cockatiel named Alex who is my best friend in the entire world. I honestly view him more of an extension of me than as a separate entity. I also have a 6 month old Rouen Duck named Gunter, a 6(?) year old dog named Seymour, a 5 year old bearded dragon named Staniel the Great(Stan), and a couple of snakes(Ssscience and Sssine Wave). Don't think I'm forgetting any of the critters...

hehe, this is a lot! I'll leave some unstated. Ask if you are curious!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm

Hey Bug.Z welcome. :sunny:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:14 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!