Page 2 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:54 pm

xenocity wrote:
If the polls are accurate within reason, then over half the country likes Hillary.

It doesn't help that their isn't a GOP candidate who is moderate enough to survive primary season.

Though in the end can Hillary legally assume the office of president, due to her being a woman??

Article II, Clause 1: Executive Power

Quote:
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Clause 6: Vacancy and disability

Quote:
In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Clause 7: Salary

Quote:
The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Clause 8: Oath or affirmation

Quote:
Before he enters the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Clause 1: Command of military; Opinions of cabinet secretaries; Pardons

Quote:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Tw ... nstitution

There are many more clauses to Article 2, which list the president as a HE.
12th, 20th, and 25th amendments also list the president as a HE.

I want to see someone challenge Hillary (or any other woman), who wins the election for president based on the literal wording of the constitution.

The constitution makes it very clear that only a man is allowed to be president.

No matter what the legal odds no matter how big a landslide she wins by the Republicans will try this and if they lose legally will try and impeach her on those grounds and the emails and whatever else.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

Hyperborean wrote:
But as others here have said, what other credible candidates are there? Perhaps one day you'll elect a Native American (hope I've got the term right, I know it can be contentious) - say a member of the Sioux Tribe ...

Hard to remember now, but Obama was a charismatic candidate in 2008.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:06 pm

What.... the heck.... is this? This is so CREEPY!! ! 8O

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
xenocity wrote:
If the polls are accurate within reason, then over half the country likes Hillary.

It doesn't help that their isn't a GOP candidate who is moderate enough to survive primary season.

Though in the end can Hillary legally assume the office of president, due to her being a woman??

Article II, Clause 1: Executive Power

Quote:
The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows

Clause 6: Vacancy and disability

Quote:
In Case of the Removal of the President from Office, or of his Death, Resignation, or Inability to discharge the Powers and Duties of the said Office, the Same shall devolve on the Vice President, and the Congress may by Law provide for the Case of Removal, Death, Resignation or Inability, both of the President and Vice President, declaring what Officer shall then act as President, and such Officer shall act accordingly, until the Disability be removed, or a President shall be elected.

Clause 7: Salary

Quote:
The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

Clause 8: Oath or affirmation

Quote:
Before he enters the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Clause 1: Command of military; Opinions of cabinet secretaries; Pardons

Quote:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Tw ... nstitution

There are many more clauses to Article 2, which list the president as a HE.
12th, 20th, and 25th amendments also list the president as a HE.

I want to see someone challenge Hillary (or any other woman), who wins the election for president based on the literal wording of the constitution.

The constitution makes it very clear that only a man is allowed to be president.

No matter what the legal odds no matter how big a landslide she wins by the Republicans will try this and if they lose legally will try and impeach her on those grounds and the emails and whatever else.

I'd love to see them try.

Though you do need a majority vote of both houses to start the impeachment process.
The GOP couldn't even line up behind a bill of impeachment of Obama, submitted to the House by their own member.

Does anyone really want an female U.S. president?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 7:24 pm

MaxE wrote:
My generation went to high school in the 60s under Johnson and to university in the 70s under Nixon, and was overwhelmingly liberal (or seemed so at the time). The only distinction that occurs is the Vietnam War plus the events leading to Nixon's resignation which the cohort 10 years later is too young to remember first hand.

Seemed is the word. A mythology has grown about the liberal progressive idealistic 60's generation propagated by the aging activists themselves. Usually children vote like their parents and it was no different then. The vast majority of people out in the streets parents were liberal. The kids of the Archie Bunkers listened to hard rock, did drugs, grew their hair long and voted Republican. The 1972 elections was the first on in which 18 years olds were allowed to vote and it was one of the biggest landslides in history for Richard Nixon in basically a referendum on the anti war movement.

2008 and somewhat in 2012 was the real generation gap when the kids in unprecedented numbers did not vote like their parents and went for Obama. Polling still shows large age gaps on many issues.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 8:38 pm

I much prefer Elizabeth Warren, but you go with your best shot.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Do you really hate the Republicans so much that you will make any such bogus claim possible to throw them in a bad light?

People who hate others like that are nothing but pathetic losers regardless of whether they happen to be Democrats or Republicans or anything else.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

xenocity wrote:
Though you do need a majority vote of both houses to start the impeachment process.

Huh? The House of Representatives does not need a vote by the Senate to start the process. If the House passes the articles of impeachment, then it is the Senate that tries the impeachment. Until the House passes the articles of impeachment, the Senate has no part in the process.

Quote:
The GOP couldn't even line up behind a bill of impeachment of Obama, submitted to the House by their own member.

Which Republican submitted articles of impeachment to impeach Obama?

There was someone not in Congress who wrote up some articles of impeachment for Obama, but nobody in the House was crazy enough to submit them. Was there some other occasion?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm

I'm sure she'll bomb Iran, which will be fun to watch.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:35 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Usually children vote like their parents and it was no different then.

Where I live, we didn't even hold Republican primaries in the 60's. You either voted in the Democrat primaries are stayed home.

Today it is the opposite -- the last Democrat primary here was held in something like 1994.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 9:40 pm

I remember the first time I ever voted in a Republican primary.

I was in college at the time and voted on campus. The line to vote in the Democrat primary went out the door, down the hall, around the corner, down the hall, around, the corner, and down the hall. The line to vote in the Republican primary was something like two or three people long.

Naturally, as someone who hates crowds and hates standing in line, it took me only a few seconds to decide to vote in the Republican primary.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 10:40 pm

"She wasn't able to keep her horn-dog husband happy enough to prevent him from turning to that fan-girl of an intern for his pleasure."

Wow Fnord, you hit the nail right on the head, again. Saying it like it is, just like an Aspie would. I want to drink beer with you some day.

I have voted for the Democratic candidate for every presidential election except Bush/Dukakis, I just could not vote for someone who called himself Greek instead of American. He was a ninny too, or at least the Republicans did a good job making him look like a ninny.

Point is, if you measure liberalism by voting record, then I must be a liberal.

Call it misogynistic, but I have this lingering doubt that Hillary is not able "to take one for the team". Good grief, hubby is the president, couldn't even give him a "happy ending" now and then, most everyone would agree the presidency is a stressful job, even for an NT. Others would argue where was it written that she has to do that, or do anything. Back in the day a co-worker pointed out that maybe Bill was like that for a long time and Hillary just put up with it so she didn't ruin her political career; the TV show "The Good Wife" has a story line like that.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

One other thing. We are all on the spectrum here, right? Details oriented, right?

Hillary has two "els' in it. HiLLary not HiLary.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 11:25 pm

eric76 wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
xenocity wrote:

Do you really hate the Republicans so much that you will make any such bogus claim possible to throw them in a bad light?

People who hate others like that are nothing but pathetic losers regardless of whether they happen to be Democrats or Republicans or anything else.

You don't know what I think of what the progressive movement has become but that is for another thread. But I will say this about about progressives, they have it wrong they think republicans disagree and try to block 99% of what Obama tries to do because of his skin color. It is about true disagreement + zero sum game mentality. Of course many Republicans are appalled by these tactics but above but unfortunately the Republicans with zero sum game mentality have mostly prevailed. That mentality really stated with Clinton 20 years ago and gotten more intense. My statement is based on it continuing into a third potential Clinton term. Doesn't mean it will.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 12:05 am

Ignores Benghazi, does whatever she wants when it is prohibited, she even blathers nonstop about imaginary "male privilege" like Obama does about "white privilege" that he keeps imagining. Sounds like a white female version of what we have now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 12:15 am

AntDog wrote:
Ignores Benghazi, does whatever she wants when it is prohibited, she even blathers nonstop about imaginary "male privilege" like Obama does about "white privilege" that he keeps imagining. Sounds like a white female version of what we have now.

And male privilege and white privilege doesn't exist? Ask most women and blacks, and you'll get opinions contrary to your own.
And as far as Benghazi is concerned, congressional Republicans had in fact released their own findings, in which they conceded that all that conspiracy talk is just that, talk, and that it was just a tragic incident. But then again, if you get your news from Fox, you wouldn't hear anything about that.