Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:35 pm

What an arrogant as*hole, saying that there won't be a Palestinian state on his watch, which ultimately is the reason of the Middle East's instability... he seems like he's going to lose in the upcoming elections, and I certainly hope so.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2015, 5:40 pm

How would a Palestinian state make it more stable ?

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 6:40 pm

Netan-yahoo is the guy who once gave an American dignitary a scale model of Jerusalem's old city...with the Third Temple in the place where the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa now are. :roll: He's been prime minister two or three times, the previous time he got tangled up in some sort of corruption scandal and was dumped. Even many Israelis hate him, but scarily, they can't seem to find anybody better to run the country. 8O 8O He likes to keep the company if Israel's far right, guys who would send Muslims to death camps if they could (irony?) and who want to build the aforementioned temple. I think Israelis need to send him packing, and not to bring him back.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 7:03 pm

I found this picture of him, I have no idea what it is supposed to mean?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm

^^^ That picture seems to refer to the blood libel, the false accusation that Jews use the blood of children for their rituals. In short it's extreme bigotry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

Washington Post

Quote:
Netanyahu called his host to stand beside him and asked on camera, “Do you want to see Hamastan over there on that mountaintop?” He then pointed in the general direction of Bethlehem, the Palestinian city in the West Bank where the Bible says Jesus was born.

Okay, so Christians have a stake in this too, if Christ was born there. So maybe if a Christian State were carved out of Israel and the disputed territories, Gaza, Golan, etc., perhaps there would be stability. It's a mess as it is anyway so why not?
And send Canadians ... we can get along with anybody and we need a province with a warm climate.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 3:02 am

trollcatman wrote:
^^^ That picture seems to refer to the blood libel, the false accusation that Jews use the blood of children for their rituals. In short it's extreme bigotry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

I think you are guessing here, have a look at this Google image page of Blood Libel here:- WHAT BLOOD LIBEL LOOKS LIKE
None of the pictures show Jews murdering Goyim babies when they are asleep in their beds but rather tied up and conscious.

I think that Netanyahu picture has a meaning that I am curious about, it is such a good picture, what is the significance of those children just having eaten what looks like a raw bird in bed?, it must signify something.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 3:21 am

Bah make me president I would make this country much better and totally socialize healthcare like Canada has it a system where everyone is covered unlike the Obama Care health plan system where you are forced to by healthcare or get penalized instead the taxes automatically pay for the health care as well as dental! I would also propose opening borders with both Mexico and Canada and legalize weed nation wide! Poly relationships would be legal as well!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 10:49 am

androbot01 wrote:
Washington Post
Quote:
Netanyahu called his host to stand beside him and asked on camera, “Do you want to see Hamastan over there on that mountaintop?” He then pointed in the general direction of Bethlehem, the Palestinian city in the West Bank where the Bible says Jesus was born.

Okay, so Christians have a stake in this too, if Christ was born there. So maybe if a Christian State were carved out of Israel and the disputed territories, Gaza, Golan, etc., perhaps there would be stability. It's a mess as it is anyway so why not?
And send Canadians ... we can get along with anybody and we need a province with a warm climate.

Lebanon was supposedly to be the Christian state in the region, as it was originally intended by the French.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 12:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
So maybe if a Christian State were carved out of Israel and the disputed territories, Gaza, Golan, etc., perhaps there would be stability.

Lebanon was supposedly to be the Christian state in the region, as it was originally intended by the French.

I used to work with a lady who had immigrated from Lebanon. Apart from the violence, it sounded like an interesting place.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:05 pm

I wonder how people would feel if they were asked to support the creation of a state next door to them for people who have consistently stated their intent to destroy them...

The instability has nothing to do with Israel's existence. Do you really think that if it wasn't there, if the area was occupied by Jordan, Syria and Egypt, it would be any more stable? With Syria and Egypt ruling it?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:10 pm

Netanyahu is bad for Israel, but in all honesty a Palestinian state is unlikely to happen in that time anyway.

Neither side really wants to. The reality is Abbas and Netanyahu are expert at killing the process, and have done several times. There is a differnce from what they play act to the cameras an their actual intentions. They actually cooperate quite well, when it comes to killing the process.

The incentive is lacking, and there is far too much reliance on the forcing envoys and negotiators. These are part of the problem not the solution. They need to be withdrawn.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:18 pm

It seems Netanyahu and his Likud party won the elections: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31935183

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:22 pm

Magneto wrote:
I wonder how people would feel if they were asked to support the creation of a state next door to them for people who have consistently stated their intent to destroy them...

The instability has nothing to do with Israel's existence. Do you really think that if it wasn't there, if the area was occupied by Jordan, Syria and Egypt, it would be any more stable? With Syria and Egypt ruling it?

So there would still be territorial disputes?

My English parents left Quebec, where I was born, because of the Townships becoming more francophone. My father spoke French, but he was the only one of us. So I spent my first 4 years there. Not a lot of time, but enough so the I miss it sometimes. But I wouldn't want to live there as an anglophone. Les Quebecois like Americans better than Les Anglais.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Magneto wrote:

So there would still be territorial disputes?

My English parents left Quebec, where I was born, because of the Townships becoming more francophone. My father spoke French, but he was the only one of us. So I spent my first 4 years there. Not a lot of time, but enough so the I miss it sometimes. But I wouldn't want to live there as an anglophone. Les Quebecois like Americans better than Les Anglais.

Canada sounds just like Belgium, except for the cold weather :D

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 6:43 pm

trollcatman wrote:
androbot01 wrote:

Canada sounds just like Belgium, except for the cold weather :D

But you guys have more languages to deal with. :)