Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nazaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Apr 2015, 4:55 pm

I think most (if not all) religions are tools to control people, for programming their minds. Of course some religions promote good values, but I'm sure that it isn't the best thing to stick to those values just for fear of what's going to happen to us if we don't follow them. The values that we follow must be based on something greater than religion or fear, and when a person loses the faith in a god for some reason, still can be a person of good if there are other reasons to believe and follow good values than just for fear of going to hell for example.

Some years ago I used to have a strong belief in a god, and later I realized that I was justifying all the time god's indirect ways of communicate or showing his existence, all time was me who interpreted certain events and circumstances in a way I could give credit of those to god. And when someone is in some way obsessed with a belief, it's easy to do that, to see all things from a perspective that confirms our beliefs.

So don't worry if you're not sure of having a religion, or disagree with it's statemens, or having a god. You can find out true principles and determine your own values that adhere to those principles, and be a good person if that's what you want.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:03 pm

When I was young, they tried to program me and I wasn't allowed to say stuff like, I don't even know if God's there. I would get in trouble for saying stuff like that, but I was stubborn and determined enough to hold onto this idea that I can question God's existence, even though I came from a religiously strict environment. I think it's perfectly normal to question the God presented in the Bible but I do know we are surrounded by creation and it's very mysterious. We don't have all the answers concerning the universe at the current moment so it's up for debate. Is there some force throughout the universe that makes the creation of life possible because the odds are very very low life would barely exist, if at all, and the odds are stacked high against a planet like ours existing. The odds are more in favor of the gas giants with their inhospitable moons.