Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

It's not working for me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:23 pm

Obviously, you're interested in mathematics. Have you any other interests?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:33 pm

I think awkward girls are cute. :3

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 5:42 pm

will@rd wrote:
Shoggothgoat wrote:
Yay. However I still have not found a way to turn my awkwardness into a weapon of seduction. Currently I'm at the stage of messing up and quietly panicking. :oops:

Its the panicking that's screwing things up for you. You care too much. Own your awkwardness. Its who you are and its nothing to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about. You can't make comedy without getting a pie in the face. Well, you get the idea... :wink:

Its not really a social angst kinda panic, it's more me not being able to smalltalk for more than two minutes to strangers. After that I don't know what to say. While being awkward may work as a seduction strategy, im pretty sure that still involves actual talking. :( Nor do I have the slightest clue how to flirt. Be nice, but not too nice. And be sorta sexually nice, not friend nice. Be cheeky but not rude. Smile, in way that axe murderers don't. I don't understand how people do it.

1df5e76

16 Apr 2015, 6:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Obviously, you're interested in mathematics. Have you any other interests?

Yeah, I do. My problem is more not getting rejected after I meet someone than meeting people though. I've been on plenty of first dates.
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I think awkward girls are cute. :3

I think that it's generally considered less attractive in guys.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm

I like some awkward boys.. especially the cute awkward type. 8) Hard to put my finger on exactly what makes them cute-awkward vs. annoying awkward, but yeah, some awkward types are really attractive and others are annoying/repulsive.

I suppose one big differentiator is whether I'm physically/aesthetically attracted to them.. if so, their awkward quirks are probably a lot cuter, more tolerable & acceptable. While the same traits in someone I wasn't physically attracted to at all I would probably find annoying or frustrating, making them even more unattractive to me.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2015, 11:48 pm

I concur! The right amount of awkwardness, however you use it or approach it, can be incredibly cute. Not to mention, a sign of realness that one never expect.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 11:50 pm

YAY

charcoalsketches wrote:
I concur! The right amount of awkwardness, however you use it or approach it, can be incredibly cute. Not to mention, a sign of realness that one never expect.

Exactly.

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2015, 12:43 am

Shoggothgoat wrote:
will@rd wrote:
Shoggothgoat wrote:
Yay. However I still have not found a way to turn my awkwardness into a weapon of seduction. Currently I'm at the stage of messing up and quietly panicking. :oops:

Its the panicking that's screwing things up for you. You care too much. Own your awkwardness. Its who you are and its nothing to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about. You can't make comedy without getting a pie in the face. Well, you get the idea... :wink:

Its not really a social angst kinda panic, it's more me not being able to smalltalk for more than two minutes to strangers. After that I don't know what to say. While being awkward may work as a seduction strategy, im pretty sure that still involves actual talking. :( Nor do I have the slightest clue how to flirt. Be nice, but not too nice. And be sorta sexually nice, not friend nice. Be cheeky but not rude. Smile, in way that axe murderers don't. I don't understand how people do it.

My idea is to approach it in a way that is comical. Turn your awkwardness to laughs and follow it with tenderness and healthy compliments. After all, the person you meet might be just like you.

Believe when I say I understand the shyness and that is why I thank God for the aid of comic relief. If that doesn't go far, include them into some fun or conversation about whatever.

Here I am trying to give love advice. Heh!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 3:57 am

Snowflake1785 wrote:
I'm awkward enough for two. Nothing will ever happen if I'm not the only socially inept one. The best relationship I had was with an alpha male.

I keep hearing this term from men.

But since you're woman, I am curious: what defines an alpha male?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:57 am

I did a little experiment. I messaged a random man online and said only this: "Higgs-Boson particle?" If that isn't awkward I don't know what is. He replied! He was friendly and I'm pretty sure I could have gotten him to go on a date if I wanted to.

Hyperborean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:07 am

I think shy, awkward boys are adorable. :)

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 8:09 am

I'm awkward and awkwardly invisible. Not really sure which is more dominant

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

1df5e76 wrote:
MollyTroubletail wrote:
I don't need to flirt. I will seduce you with my awkwardness.

I dislike slimy pickup artists and I think an awkward approach is cute. Say YAY if you would like to date someone awkward.

If only being awkward actually worked...

yep.

Hyperborean wrote:
I think shy, awkward boys are adorable. :)

yess been called that a few times, puppies and kitties are adorable too. things we also have in common. women don't date them either.

seems to be handsome=date
adorable/cute=friend/acquaintance.

I don't like being called adorable or cute because of this. other terms are sweet, or nice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

I would have had to look that up! That particle!

I'm awkward, but not THAT smart!