I will seduce you... with awkwardness

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm

I would have had to look that up! That particle!

I'm awkward, but not THAT smart!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 4:25 pm

There are definitely some women who like "cute" or "adorable" guys.

I don't mind being called "cute" or "adorable"--but I don't think I'd like to called "pretty."

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 5:23 pm

key word there is some. and most of those some are already married/in relationship to their cute guy.

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2015, 7:19 pm

sly279 wrote:
key word there [are] some.

Exactly. I've never dated anyone who actually seemed attracted to my awkwardness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 11:01 pm

I kind of like your Pi symbol. If you're not nasty in your awkwardness, then I think we could, in the absence of others, make a connection.

In "Dobie Gillis," I used to like that nerdy girl who twitched her nose.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

I tend to equate awkwardness with sincerity and that's really attractive. The guy I'm seeing right now isn't terribly awkward now that we've gotten to know each other, but he was a little nervous and, I guess, awkward when we first met and I found that to be a lot more charming than if he'd tried to put on some kind of suave act.

For whatever it's worth, I also think Kyle Mooney from Good Neighbor and SNL is one of the most attractive men on the face of the earth and most of his characters are about as awkward as they come. For some people, it just really works.

1df5e76

18 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I kind of like your Pi symbol. If you're not nasty in your awkwardness, then I think we could, in the absence of others, make a connection.

In "Dobie Gillis," I used to like that nerdy girl who twitched her nose.

Hmm, well thanks. I'm not exactly sure what you're saying here, but as it happens, I'm a straight male.

blueroses wrote:
I tend to equate awkwardness with sincerity and that's really attractive.

Interesting. I think it's possible to be less awkward and still remain sincere however, which is how I would prefer to be.

Mike_the_EE
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2015, 5:49 pm

YAY!! ! I'm very awkward and have spent my entire life looking for an equally awkward female. I did meet one once, but she was 20 years younger than I, and married. :cry: The search continues...

Aspie Score 141 of 200
NT Score 50 of 200

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2015, 6:04 pm

Mike_the_EE wrote:
YAY!! ! I'm very awkward and have spent my entire life looking for an equally awkward female. I did meet one once, but she was 20 years younger than I, and married. :cry: The search continues...

We got a suitor!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 8:12 pm

Sorry, sir....I'm a straight male, too. I was mistaken.

Gauldoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

1df5e76 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
key word there [are] some.

Exactly. I've never dated anyone who actually seemed attracted to my awkwardness.

That's because, no matter what they say, women are NOT attracted to awkward men. Well, maybe they are, but the type of "shy and awkward men" they're reffering to when they're attracted to them look something like this:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 6ixh5g.jpg

In other words, it's the Hollywood-type of "shy and awkward men". You know, the type that don't actually exist in the real world. :roll:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:37 am

imagine its similar to this but instead of bald put akward.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:12 am

Hahaha, for once, I agree with Gauldoth.

And with sly's comic.

Awkward guys are only seen hot if they look physically hot.

Same is true for the typical hottie "geek" girl image.

And I so disagree with the concept that women are less visual - I am a live proof they're not, from the way that I have been totally invisible (When I was skinny) to the way I've been getting attention now (after I got bit muscular).
I am still largely struggling in dating due to my awkwardness, social ineptness, lack of car (this is a big limitation) and short height (ie. lot of girls online think of me as hot till they found out my height - example: this is a message I got yesterday on okc http://i.imgur.com/BVHrpbQ.png , the date was mutually cancelled after realizing she won't like my height (she obviously didn't read my profile details prior to that) , her "?!??! !" expression was obviously a negative reaction)

but the difference of initial attention (including explicit sexual attention) I was getting between old me (zero) vs now me is huge.

What's the point of this thread again?

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:41 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
lack of car (this is a big limitation)

Why can't you get one? Is it because cars are expensive in Lebanon? Or gas? Or insurance?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:50 am

314pe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
lack of car (this is a big limitation)

Why can't you get one? Is it because cars are expensive in Lebanon? Or gas? Or insurance?

Had to get rid of it during job seeking phase (lost job, company went bankrupt) which lasted for 9 months (during that time I've learned to code android/ios games tho - hopefully I will publish my first app in couple of weeks), now despite I got a new good job (since 8 months) I am still paying dues therefore little saving for now.

And yes, they are extremely expensive vis-à-vis the GDP per capita here, after all cars, are imported products so their prices won't go down much relatively to the local purchase power, and used cars while are much cheaper, can be huge headache and pocket bleeders as well.

Also housing comes first.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 5:11 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Also housing comes first.

That is expensive where I live as well. I don't know a single person my age living alone without a roommate/flatmate or a girlfriend/boyfriend. I could just about afford living alone but I chose to save up for a down payment instead. It probably makes me a bit less attractive, I doubt that renting a small apartment would make a difference.