Chance of a Lifetime to secure an Amazing Wife

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:42 pm

I'm sorry you see it that way. Your view is not an accurate correspondence to reality. But if other men also see it this way, obviously it will not attract those men. However it is an accurate post and it is important that it be accurate to attract the right man. If he doesn't exist, so be it.

Meren does not need a man to practice vet medicine in the USA. She can get a specialized Visa and probably will. Far easier than trying to deal with humans i.e. potential husbands if this thread is any indication. Reading comprehension most definitely needs to be added to the criteria.

Meren is looking for a husband. She wants a man who wants to be a husband.

I totally understand this. I was the exact same way. I married a man who had the same interests as I, and we married to be able to work together. We never had a date. It was a wonderful 19 years and I loved him deeply. Unfortunately he had a severe mid-life crisis and ran off with a married woman. Of course that was a disaster and he divorced her.

I'm too old to try again but if I did, it would be this same way, writing out criteria and wanting to attract a man with the same special interests as me.

So I totally understand Meren even though she is of a far higher social calibre than me and is in a very specialized field. But I understand the desire to share a life with a man who has the same interest and wants to share the work with joy and enthusiasm and wonderful times.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:43 pm

Baron Munchausen would be proud.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:43 pm

BirdInFlight, I did not write that. Another poster wrote that. It is not accurate. Is is wrong. I did not write it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 6:50 pm

It is an accurate summation of your sales pitch. Deal with it.

Cascadians
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 May 2015, 6:55 pm

It is not at all accurate and it is not a sales pitch. I'm not selling anything. It is an accurate description that might attract a person with the same interests.

I have to go work myself now. Based on this thread's responses it is highly unlikely such a man exists and if he does he probably is busy working and not looking at forums. Sometimes Aspies like to glance and read to see if there is any kindred soul out there with the same special interests. Needle in a haystack but worth a try.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:01 pm

On this website, it is highly unlikely that you will find a man who both (1) meets your criteria, and (2) is desperate and/or stupid enough to fall for scams like this. The two conditions are mutually exclusive.

Your best bet would be to give up this thread and start another one on a more credible topic.

Last edited by Fnord on 20 May 2015, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:01 pm

Cascadians wrote:
BirdInFlight, I did not write that. Another poster wrote that. It is not accurate. Is is wrong. I did not write it.

I've looked back over the posts and I see you are correct. I stand corrected -- you did not write those exact words.

However, I believe my extrapolation of your intention for Meren is essentially correct. You may not have stated this intention in "so many words" but it's clearly there.

And yes, if she wants to apply for her own legitimate work visa to reside in the US, that's better than dragging a man into the situation.

Now, even putting aside the "marriage to a US citizen" stuff....STILL what this woman seems to require from this unknown man is beyond all reasonable expectation.

Even people looking for a relationship right there in their own town, county, country, will never fulfill all those stipulations realistically.

In real life, even couples genuinely in love will probably tell you that all the long list of things they thought they wanted and needed in a partner had to go out the window, leaving only one or two important elements that were met.

What you're looking for is a sky high wishlist no human person could ever be for this woman.

And by the way, your remark about what type of person "looks at forums" assumes a lot. I know some very busy professional people who still find time to "look at forums." Here on WP there are hardworking people yet who still are on this forum. You're disparaging these people who do work and do post here also. The two activities are not mutually exclusive.

And though you assume the responses here are all from males, some of us who have posted on this thread are women, myself included, posting because we too are calling you out on your claims and aims.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:13 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
[...] And by the way, your remark about what type of person "looks at forums" assumes a lot. I know some very busy professional people who still find time to "look at forums." Here on WP there are hardworking people yet who still are on this forum. You're disparaging these people who do work and do post here also. The two activities are not mutually exclusive. [...]
Thank you for mentioning this. It seems that the OP may have assumed that just because most of the men here have an ASD, we are all stupid and/or desperate enough to fall for the old "Non-American woman seeks American man in order to obtain US citizenship" con, no matter how well the offer is presented.

I, for one, have earned a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering after five years of putting myself through university. While there, I met many foreign coeds who seemed desperate to stay in America after their student visas had expired. It never ceased to amaze me how many of them suddenly expressed undying love to any man they deemed gullible enough to believe them - they were more aggressive than even those sorority girls (and not even half as subtle).

Nowadays, I encounter salespeople and scammers on a daily basis. Thus, it is obvious to me that this whole push to find a mate for a foreign woman reeks of way too much effort. Perhaps the OP has some sort of personal interest in the success of this endeavor ... ?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:20 pm

Indeed; one has to wonder...

And, you're welcome, Fnord. Sad how she resorts to taking a dig at people once she discovers nobody's falling for it.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:29 pm

Fnord wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
[...] And by the way, your remark about what type of person "looks at forums" assumes a lot. I know some very busy professional people who still find time to "look at forums." Here on WP there are hardworking people yet who still are on this forum. You're disparaging these people who do work and do post here also. The two activities are not mutually exclusive. [...]
Thank you for mentioning this. It seems that the OP may have assumed that just because most of the men here have an ASD, we are all stupid and/or desperate enough to fall for the old "Non-American woman seeks American man in order to obtain US citizenship" con, no matter how well the offer is presented.

I, for one, have earned a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering after five years of putting myself through university. While there, I met many foreign coeds who seemed desperate to stay in America after their student visas had expired. It never ceased to amaze me how many of them suddenly expressed undying love to any man they deemed gullible enough to believe them. Nowadays, I encounter salespeople and scammers on a daily basis. Thus, it is obvious to me that the whole push to find a mate for a foreign woman reeks of way too much effort. Perhaps the OP has some sort of personal interest in the success of this endeavor ... ?

It's been said that autistics are exceptionally gullible and usable, I think this is false. I think autistics have a tough learning curve to social interaction and during that period they can be gullible and usable, but after having been used and abused a few times they develop a very sophisticated BS radar, much more sophisticated than an NT. We can't fully utilize empathy so we have to replace it with logic and BS is by it's very nature illogical. I agree with you I think the OP made the assumption that a visa scam would work on gullible autistics, but as a pack we've got some members that are exceptionally well trained at deciphering when someone's trying to use them and kudos to you guys for protecting the pack.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2015, 7:38 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Fnord wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:

I, for one, have earned a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering after five years of putting myself through university. While there, I met many foreign coeds who seemed desperate to stay in America after their student visas had expired. It never ceased to amaze me how many of them suddenly expressed undying love to any man they deemed gullible enough to believe them. Nowadays, I encounter salespeople and scammers on a daily basis. Thus, it is obvious to me that the whole push to find a mate for a foreign woman reeks of way too much effort. Perhaps the OP has some sort of personal interest in the success of this endeavor ... ?
It's been said that autistics are exceptionally gullible and usable, I think this is false. I think autistics have a tough learning curve to social interaction and during that period they can be gullible and usable, but after having been used and abused a few times they develop a very sophisticated BS radar, much more sophisticated than an NT. We can't fully utilize empathy so we have to replace it with logic and BS is by it's very nature illogical. I agree with you I think the OP made the assumption that a visa scam would work on gullible autistics, but as a pack we've got some members that are exceptionally well trained at deciphering when someone's trying to use them and kudos to you guys for protecting the pack.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, that's all. The only 'evidence' provided so far is the OP's own assertions of legitimacy, which are both irrelevant and immaterial, and not germane to the initial claims. Therefor, I call BULLSNOT on the claims and caution other men against falling for them.

The strongest must protect the rest.

8)

Sino
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 May 2015, 12:20 am

Cascadians wrote:
The man isn't giving up anything. If he meets the criteria stated in the original post, he will be compatible. When he sees what she is like and what she does -- again, meeting the criteria -- he will be thrilled.

It may very well be there are no men in the USA who fit. It is most likely if there is one, it will be an Aspie because it takes that level of interest and commitment to become this skilled in a specialized, pioneering field.

Hoping a man reads the original post and recognizes himself and wants to meet Meren.

It also may be that there are few idealist men who get excited about fantastic things. Maybe everybody is so shallow, homogenous and humdrum that the whole thought is beyond them. I don't know. This is one way to find out.

You're certainly not winning over any opinions with that kind of attitude. We will be thrilled? This is a chance of a lifetime? You would make an excellent salesperson were it not for the fact that people are hard to sell.

If Meren wishes to strike at hearts and minds, have her post here herself. Placing such stringent guidelines on her affections will not only turn away potential suitors, but also speaks of a rather naive understanding of love: "If I meet a man who is just as passionate about my work as I am, surely we will fall for each other!"

Indeed. And when has that ever worked out according to plan? A few times in human history, no doubt - but don't count on yourself being one of these exceptions.

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2015, 12:45 am

Cascadians wrote:
Chance of a Lifetime to secure an Amazing Wife

Cascadians wrote:
OK Aspie men, here's your ultimate ship sailing in. ...

This post is deeply insulting to its intended audience.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 12:55 am

Fnord wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
[...]

Nowadays, I encounter salespeople and scammers on a daily basis. Thus, it is obvious to me that this whole push to find a mate for a foreign woman reeks of way too much effort. Perhaps the OP has some sort of personal interest in the success of this endeavor ... ?

I believe the OP is her mother.

Does Meren really know about this thread btw, is she really the one who requires all this?

OR it's all in the mother's head?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 1:03 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
Cascadians wrote:

I've looked back over the posts and I see you are correct. I stand corrected -- you did not write those exact words.

However, I believe my extrapolation of your intention for Meren is essentially correct. You may not have stated this intention in "so many words" but it's clearly there.

And yes, if she wants to apply for her own legitimate work visa to reside in the US, that's better than dragging a man into the situation.

Now, even putting aside the "marriage to a US citizen" stuff....STILL what this woman seems to require from this unknown man is beyond all reasonable expectation.

Even people looking for a relationship right there in their own town, county, country, will never fulfill all those stipulations realistically.

In real life, even couples genuinely in love will probably tell you that all the long list of things they thought they wanted and needed in a partner had to go out the window, leaving only one or two important elements that were met.

What you're looking for is a sky high wishlist no human person could ever be for this woman.

And by the way, your remark about what type of person "looks at forums" assumes a lot. I know some very busy professional people who still find time to "look at forums." Here on WP there are hardworking people yet who still are on this forum. You're disparaging these people who do work and do post here also. The two activities are not mutually exclusive.

And though you assume the responses here are all from males, some of us who have posted on this thread are women, myself included, posting because we too are calling you out on your claims and aims.

It's the logical assumption, she said in her own words:

Quote:
An amazing, truly fantastic woman needs a USA husband and it does not matter if you are shy or awkward.

She's specifying the country - and for very obvious reasons.

It's not like we are totally incapable to read between the lines. :roll:

1df5e76

21 May 2015, 1:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I believe the OP is her mother.

If so, that ought to be enough to scare off any potential suitors!