Page 6 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 1:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
The way I see it, regardless of what the Bible says about homosexuality, the fact is, we live in a constitutional republic, where everyone - everyone - has the exact same civil rights. And that includes gay people. If you don't approve of gay marriage, then don't marry someone of the same sex, but let people live their lives as they please.

Well, yes. But there is a difference between backing off and allowing people to live as they choose, and outright supporting what is condemned by Scripture, or worse, engaging in it. I couldn't care less if people, despite knowing the truth (whether they accept it or not), choose to marry someone of the same sex, but I won't support it, as in vote in favor of it or attend the ceremony. Come to my house to hang out afterwards if you want, though. You're more than welcome.

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 1:39 pm

aghogday wrote:
Breaking Enigma wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Breaking Enigma wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
...I am a conservative Christian, but I do NOT fit the stereotype!

I amn't a conservative Christian, but I do seem to fit the stereotype in some ways (red-letter Christian, gun owning, constitutionalist libertarian). They balance my other stereotype (gay, (d)emocratic Jeffersonian, pro-marriage equality). It makes me giggle to see the smoke coming out of the ears of people who discover these apparently conflicting beliefs. Hehe. :lol:

Honestly, that's because, as a "Red-Letter Christian," homosexuality and homosexual marriage doesn't make any sense, is incompatible with the faith, and can't be supported with Scripture. If you would please take a moment to walk through purely New Testament Scripture with me...

Let's start with Saul, who would become known as Paul.

Acts 9 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Conversion of Saul
9 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened.

As we can see, Jesus chose Paul, a Pharisee and former enemy of the Church, to carry to message of Jesus Christ and the Gospel across the world. This is a man filled with the Holy Spirit, who would go on to be the greatest champion of Jesus Christ to ever walk the earth, and who wrote 14 of the 27 books of the New Testament.

Here is what Paul, by the commission of Jesus Christ, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote about homosexuality:

First, Paul's opening to the Letter to the Romans:

Romans 1 English Standard Version (ESV)

Greeting
1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,

7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And now for his message further on in the same letter and chapter (the underlined is important):

God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

The Scripture is clear: homosexuality is a serious error and those who even so much as give their approval, which is to say support, are in serious trouble and error themselves.

Now on to Paul's 1st Letter to the Corinthians:

First, Paul's opening to the Church in Corinth:

1 Corinthians 1 English Standard Version (ESV)

Greeting
1 Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes,

2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And now for his message in chapter 6 of the same letter:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

The message is clear. Just as with many other sins, homosexuality is very serious and will keep one from entering the Kingdom of God. An alcoholic isn't condemned for having an illness and being an alcoholic. An alcoholic falls into trouble when he or she chooses to further indulge in their sin. Should an alcoholic ever have a drink or a sip? Just one? No, never! In the same way, a homosexual isn't condemned for being a homosexual, but they fall into trouble when they willingly choose to have homosexual relations. Should an alcoholic build a bar in his or her home? No, never! In the same way, a homosexual should never have a homosexual marriage.

And now let's move on to the Book of Acts written by Luke, Paul's traveling companion, and the Council of Jerusalem, the very first Council and Decrees of the Church:

Acts 15 English Standard Version (ESV)
The Council's Letter to Gentile Believers

22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They sent Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brothers, 23 with the following letter: “The brothers, both the apostles and the elders, to the brothers who are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, greetings. 24 Since we have heard that some persons have gone out from us and troubled you with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions, 25 it has seemed good to us, having come to one accord, to choose men and send them to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

One of the first four decrees of the Church ever, was to abstain from sexual immorality, which homosexuality falls under. The Apostles thought it very important, as we see here.

And now, for Jesus' interaction with the woman caught in adultery:

John 8 English Standard Version (ESV)

8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” 6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

Read the last verse, especially. Jesus did not condemn the adultress for her past sins, but once she heard the Gospel and received the forgiveness of Jesus Christ, she was instructed to go, and stop committing adultery.

Hopefully this helps. This has all been purely New Testament Scripture. Homosexuality is explicitly condemned; it cannot be supported by Scripture and is utterly incompatible with the Christian faith. The Christian faith is about repentance of sins and laying down your own life and desires to follow Christ.

HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS:

It will make plenty of sense when you have a Gay son or daughter.

And with your attitude here; If they commit suicide it will be
both AT least, in part, YOUR FAULT AND THE FAULT
of your bullying IGNORANT religion in BLACK work of Book.

The closest primate cousin of humankind, the Bonobo;
all empathic LOVING social primate animal with God
given Bonobo Nature regularly engages in
oral sex; including tongue
kissing and homosexual
behavior as
a way of life;
hour to hour to
assure aggression and
violence is NOT A
WAY OF LIFE; And
IS extremely
successful;
more so than
less sexually
promiscuous
human beings
who never the
less commonly engage
in TOTALLY NORMAL GOD
GIVEN HUMAN NATURE as
Homosexuals; oral
sex loving folks;
and all the rest
of that kinda
STUFF THAT
makes peace
a reality
instead of
agression,
violence
and frigging WORLD WAR III.

Watch, look, SEE, and learn:

http://www.livescience.com/44464-bonobo-homosexuality-natural.html

Quote:
Homosexuality in bonobos is not cultural. When primatolgist Frans de Waal first saw the outlandish sexual acts of bonobos, other scientists remarked that the behavior must have arisen because those bonobos were locked in a zoo. But data gathered from the wild — and wild-born bonobos in captivity — over the past two decades has demonstrated that bonobo sexuality is just part of who they are.

The two bonobos Lodja and Mwanda were part of a study we conducted at Lola ya Bonobo sanctuary in Congo. Like many bonobos at the sanctuary and in the wild, these individuals practiced g-g rubbing, where two female bonobos rub their clitorises together, penis fencing between males, and a myriad of other socio-sexual behavior.

But what set Mwanda and Lodja apart, as well as the other six bonobos in the study, was that they were infants, each younger than 4 years old. They were orphans of the bushmeat trade, and were born in the wild. At Lola ya Bonobo, they were raised with other infants and human substitute mothers. There were no adult bonobos to "teach" them sexual behavior.

Sex for fun in bonobos, and many other animals, plays a social function. There is stress-relief sex, make-up sex and random hook-up sex. Chimpanzees, humans' more violent cousins, do not seem to use sex in this way. They occasionally torture each other, kill strangers and demonstrate other echoes of humanity's dark side. [Bonobos Make Love - Chimps Make War ]

Bonobos, who use sex to resolve conflict, have never been seen to kill each other. They share food. They are more cooperative than chimpanzees. And they are nicer to strangers than they are to friends. To bonobos, a peaceful, sexual existence is the most natural thing in the world.

I am 'strong as a chimp'; but as loving as a Bonobo; yes, for me women, ONLY; but to each
his own with HUMAN GOD GIVEN NATURE FREEDOMS.

I LOVE TO play with Homophobes
in real life; trust me; I put
them in their place
of total
IGNORANCE;
A martial artist can
do that with a whole
group of male homophobes; TOTALLY FEARLESS.

But anyway; with a little education for YOU;

Your sons or daughters
VERY LIFE could
DEPEND ON IT;
if you care to
reproduce;
particularly,
more than one son;
as science shows that
the next batch of
sons are more
likely to
be
HOMOSEXUAL;
AND THAT'S A FACT
OF all God of Nature
Given Human Nature;
And yes, Science, too.

These kind of human beliefs
are both ignorant, disgusting,
and non-human as both
science and
GOD PROVES.

YOU don't get to control GOD
or gays with a little black work
of human constructed words.

You can try; or even cry;
but sorry; it will not work
in a 'True Israel' like the GOOD
OLE USA; BY 'Book of Ignorance'.

There's too much nonsensical rambling in this post to even address it point by point. Sorry pal, but this is purely a Christian and Scriptural point of view, which is the only view I take this side of Paradise. You've asserted so much false information about me and my views and what I may or may not do, that it makes me wonder, where, at all, did I give you any information outside of Scripture and about my personal life for you to draw any of your conclusions? I happen to have several gay family members, including my closest brother and my cousin (who, ironically, was over at my home with her wife Saturday afternoon). You have falsely and ignorantly equated Scriptural and thus Christian beliefs on sin for hatred and bullying. If you're an alcoholic I'm going to tell you that it's dangerous and that you should not indulge any more, but I'm still going to be your friend and love you the way Christ commanded.

All the best,

A former drunkard, adulterer, and idolater.

Matthew 9:12 English Standard Version (ESV)

12 But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

I asserted absolutely no false accusations about you are your family; as it is all contingent on you having gay children;
which you do not have now. So pay attention to what I write or NOT.

Anyway, the scripture you quote is both ignorant and false according to both the GOD of Nature and Science.

So there; believe it or not...;)

Would insinuate be a better word for you? Because you did insinuate a lot about my alleged attitude, as well as that I'm a bully as is my faith, but I digress. This is where I stop replying to your rants until you engage in civil dialogue.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 3:36 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Breaking Enigma wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Breaking Enigma wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
...I am a conservative Christian, but I do NOT fit the stereotype!

I amn't a conservative Christian, but I do seem to fit the stereotype in some ways (red-letter Christian, gun owning, constitutionalist libertarian). They balance my other stereotype (gay, (d)emocratic Jeffersonian, pro-marriage equality). It makes me giggle to see the smoke coming out of the ears of people who discover these apparently conflicting beliefs. Hehe. :lol:

Honestly, that's because, as a "Red-Letter Christian," homosexuality and homosexual marriage doesn't make any sense, is incompatible with the faith, and can't be supported with Scripture. If you would please take a moment to walk through purely New Testament Scripture with me...

Let's start with Saul, who would become known as Paul.

Acts 9 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Conversion of Saul
9 But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem. 3 Now as he went on his way, he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven shone around him. 4 And falling to the ground he heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” 5 And he said, “Who are you, Lord?” And he said, “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 6 But rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do.” 7 The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one. 8 Saul rose from the ground, and although his eyes were opened, he saw nothing. So they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus. 9 And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

10 Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Ananias. The Lord said to him in a vision, “Ananias.” And he said, “Here I am, Lord.” 11 And the Lord said to him, “Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying, 12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight.” 13 But Ananias answered, “Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to your saints at Jerusalem. 14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on your name.” 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name.” 17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, “Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit.” 18 And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes, and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized; 19 and taking food, he was strengthened.

As we can see, Jesus chose Paul, a Pharisee and former enemy of the Church, to carry to message of Jesus Christ and the Gospel across the world. This is a man filled with the Holy Spirit, who would go on to be the greatest champion of Jesus Christ to ever walk the earth, and who wrote 14 of the 27 books of the New Testament.

Here is what Paul, by the commission of Jesus Christ, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, wrote about homosexuality:

First, Paul's opening to the Letter to the Romans:

Romans 1 English Standard Version (ESV)

Greeting
1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,

7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints:

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And now for his message further on in the same letter and chapter (the underlined is important):

God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

The Scripture is clear: homosexuality is a serious error and those who even so much as give their approval, which is to say support, are in serious trouble and error themselves.

Now on to Paul's 1st Letter to the Corinthians:

First, Paul's opening to the Church in Corinth:

1 Corinthians 1 English Standard Version (ESV)

Greeting
1 Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes,

2 To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:

3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

And now for his message in chapter 6 of the same letter:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

The message is clear. Just as with many other sins, homosexuality is very serious and will keep one from entering the Kingdom of God. An alcoholic isn't condemned for having an illness and being an alcoholic. An alcoholic falls into trouble when he or she chooses to further indulge in their sin. Should an alcoholic ever have a drink or a sip? Just one? No, never! In the same way, a homosexual isn't condemned for being a homosexual, but they fall into trouble when they willingly choose to have homosexual relations. Should an alcoholic build a bar in his or her home? No, never! In the same way, a homosexual should never have a homosexual marriage.

And now let's move on to the Book of Acts written by Luke, Paul's traveling companion, and the Council of Jerusalem, the very first Council and Decrees of the Church:

Acts 15 English Standard Version (ESV)
The Council's Letter to Gentile Believers

22 Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them and send them to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas. They sent Judas called Barsabbas, and Silas, leading men among the brothers, 23 with the following letter: “The brothers, both the apostles and the elders, to the brothers who are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia, greetings. 24 Since we have heard that some persons have gone out from us and troubled you with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions, 25 it has seemed good to us, having come to one accord, to choose men and send them to you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26 men who have risked their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27 We have therefore sent Judas and Silas, who themselves will tell you the same things by word of mouth. 28 For it has seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay on you no greater burden than these requirements: 29 that you abstain from what has been sacrificed to idols, and from blood, and from what has been strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you keep yourselves from these, you will do well. Farewell.”

One of the first four decrees of the Church ever, was to abstain from sexual immorality, which homosexuality falls under. The Apostles thought it very important, as we see here.

And now, for Jesus' interaction with the woman caught in adultery:

John 8 English Standard Version (ESV)

8 1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. 3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” 6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

Read the last verse, especially. Jesus did not condemn the adultress for her past sins, but once she heard the Gospel and received the forgiveness of Jesus Christ, she was instructed to go, and stop committing adultery.

Hopefully this helps. This has all been purely New Testament Scripture. Homosexuality is explicitly condemned; it cannot be supported by Scripture and is utterly incompatible with the Christian faith. The Christian faith is about repentance of sins and laying down your own life and desires to follow Christ.

HOPEFULLY THIS HELPS:

It will make plenty of sense when you have a Gay son or daughter.

And with your attitude here; If they commit suicide it will be
both AT least, in part, YOUR FAULT AND THE FAULT
of your bullying IGNORANT religion in BLACK work of Book.

The closest primate cousin of humankind, the Bonobo;
all empathic LOVING social primate animal with God
given Bonobo Nature regularly engages in
oral sex; including tongue
kissing and homosexual
behavior as
a way of life;
hour to hour to
assure aggression and
violence is NOT A
WAY OF LIFE; And
IS extremely
successful;
more so than
less sexually
promiscuous
human beings
who never the
less commonly engage
in TOTALLY NORMAL GOD
GIVEN HUMAN NATURE as
Homosexuals; oral
sex loving folks;
and all the rest
of that kinda
STUFF THAT
makes peace
a reality
instead of
agression,
violence
and frigging WORLD WAR III.

Watch, look, SEE, and learn:

http://www.livescience.com/44464-bonobo-homosexuality-natural.html

Quote:
Homosexuality in bonobos is not cultural. When primatolgist Frans de Waal first saw the outlandish sexual acts of bonobos, other scientists remarked that the behavior must have arisen because those bonobos were locked in a zoo. But data gathered from the wild — and wild-born bonobos in captivity — over the past two decades has demonstrated that bonobo sexuality is just part of who they are.

The two bonobos Lodja and Mwanda were part of a study we conducted at Lola ya Bonobo sanctuary in Congo. Like many bonobos at the sanctuary and in the wild, these individuals practiced g-g rubbing, where two female bonobos rub their clitorises together, penis fencing between males, and a myriad of other socio-sexual behavior.

But what set Mwanda and Lodja apart, as well as the other six bonobos in the study, was that they were infants, each younger than 4 years old. They were orphans of the bushmeat trade, and were born in the wild. At Lola ya Bonobo, they were raised with other infants and human substitute mothers. There were no adult bonobos to "teach" them sexual behavior.

Sex for fun in bonobos, and many other animals, plays a social function. There is stress-relief sex, make-up sex and random hook-up sex. Chimpanzees, humans' more violent cousins, do not seem to use sex in this way. They occasionally torture each other, kill strangers and demonstrate other echoes of humanity's dark side. [Bonobos Make Love - Chimps Make War ]

Bonobos, who use sex to resolve conflict, have never been seen to kill each other. They share food. They are more cooperative than chimpanzees. And they are nicer to strangers than they are to friends. To bonobos, a peaceful, sexual existence is the most natural thing in the world.

I am 'strong as a chimp'; but as loving as a Bonobo; yes, for me women, ONLY; but to each
his own with HUMAN GOD GIVEN NATURE FREEDOMS.

I LOVE TO play with Homophobes
in real life; trust me; I put
them in their place
of total
IGNORANCE;
A martial artist can
do that with a whole
group of male homophobes; TOTALLY FEARLESS.

But anyway; with a little education for YOU;

Your sons or daughters
VERY LIFE could
DEPEND ON IT;
if you care to
reproduce;
particularly,
more than one son;
as science shows that
the next batch of
sons are more
likely to
be
HOMOSEXUAL;
AND THAT'S A FACT
OF all God of Nature
Given Human Nature;
And yes, Science, too.

These kind of human beliefs
are both ignorant, disgusting,
and non-human as both
science and
GOD PROVES.

YOU don't get to control GOD
or gays with a little black work
of human constructed words.

You can try; or even cry;
but sorry; it will not work
in a 'True Israel' like the GOOD
OLE USA; BY 'Book of Ignorance'.

There's too much nonsensical rambling in this post to even address it point by point. Sorry pal, but this is purely a Christian and Scriptural point of view, which is the only view I take this side of Paradise. You've asserted so much false information about me and my views and what I may or may not do, that it makes me wonder, where, at all, did I give you any information outside of Scripture and about my personal life for you to draw any of your conclusions? I happen to have several gay family members, including my closest brother and my cousin (who, ironically, was over at my home with her wife Saturday afternoon). You have falsely and ignorantly equated Scriptural and thus Christian beliefs on sin for hatred and bullying. If you're an alcoholic I'm going to tell you that it's dangerous and that you should not indulge any more, but I'm still going to be your friend and love you the way Christ commanded.

All the best,

A former drunkard, adulterer, and idolater.

Matthew 9:12 English Standard Version (ESV)

12 But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

I asserted absolutely no false accusations about you are your family; as it is all contingent on you having gay children;
which you do not have now. So pay attention to what I write or NOT.

Anyway, the scripture you quote is both ignorant and false according to both the GOD of Nature and Science.

So there; believe it or not...;)

Would insinuate be a better word for you? Because you did insinuate a lot about my alleged attitude, as well as that I'm a bully as is my faith, but I digress. This is where I stop replying to your rants until you engage in civil dialogue.

Let me put it to you in clear "layman's" terms. This is a very personal issue for me; as I as an individual in the past have a very dear Lesbian friend who is going to commit suicide with a loaded revolver; where I have to use this same exact logic; to talk her down away from a loaded revolver to explain WHY her mother is so ignorant not to accept her homosexual behavior; because of something someone writes in a book somewhere thousands of years ago.

Humans will do almost anything for social acceptance with the 'herd' of humans they are raised in; yes, including driving their children to commit suicide for the best intentions prescribed to them out of religion. And in my life I find that Gay folks are among the MOST kind and loving folks; they just use different body parts to do stuff and that is all. And in fact, they are often the last folks who will go against their parents; as they often find love nowhere else; suicide can be the only option to escape when no one accepts a person's nature fully; not even family and parents. That is beyond sad my friend; and beyond sad if you cannot see and FEEL THAT.

This not only sad; it is truly terrifying and deadly FOR those who reap the real sin of the real evil portions of a book that does in DEED drive innocent and kind loving folks; and yes, sure, so-called well intentioned relatives to driving them straight to their graves.

I look at this like it's worth saving someone's life. Perhaps you look at it as scripture and a 2000 to 3500 year old book.

But yes; life and the God of Nature and that real human GAY NATURE THAT ANYONE with any common decency
who has empathy and doesn't even need a science book to know, DUH; GAY IS all natural and clear to see;
from as early as early grade school, my friend.

Alcoholism is a horrifying disease.

Sexual acts from gay folks are totally Natural God given Human Nature ACTS.

There is a huge difference friend, and truly it all boils down to unconditional love; or NOT.

I've done my part now, and can rest in peace. Your will is yours and you will face the
God of Nature for all you do; as all do, in time, friend, to learn and evolve
as an Unconditional Tough Loving creature OR NOT.

As SAME LOVE:

I am a freedom fighter; and in real life; no homophobe escapes

my force of Unconditional Tough Love for all; as truly

their real all natural souls, hearts, and spirits

are at the 'stake of life or death', as well...

After hearing all this; can you even imagine
how you 'would' feel if your child committed
suicide after being warned with this; if you
didn't feel bad; that is the saddest story of ALL.

And the 'tears' of

God

roll down, down, down

to an

OCEAN of unwitting HATE.

If I have a TSunAmi I will
wash it
ALL AWAY.

I have 100% faith, hope
and belief GOD will
HELP ME Do 'Just' that.

Love and Humans are worth defending.

Text is text; Scripture or 'WTF'.

It's totally disgusting;

at least,

to me.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 4:22 pm

I'm only going to address the first portion of your post and ignore the rant (again).

I'm truly sorry that your friend wanted to commit suicide. That's not the result of Scripture or God; that's the result of horrible individuals using Scripture and God out of context to un-Scripturally hate, bully, and abuse others like an anti-Christ. My brother didn't just want to commit suicide, he attempted suicide several times. His arms are scarred from slashes and he's been in the hospital on life support from hanging himself and trying to overdose on prescription drugs. This has been several years ago and he is fine and well today, and one of my best friends in the world. That doesn't change the fact that I know Jesus Christ and I know that homosexuality is a sin, and that my brother will answer for it, as I will answer for my own sins, of which are many and are hated by me (my sins).

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:
I'm only going to address the first portion of your post and ignore the rant (again).

I'm truly sorry that your friend wanted to commit suicide. That's not the result of Scripture or God; that's the result of horrible individuals using Scripture and God out of context to un-Scripturally hate, bully, and abuse others like an anti-Christ. My brother didn't just want to commit suicide, he attempted suicide several times. His arms are scarred from slashes and he's been in the hospital on life support from hanging himself and trying to overdose on prescription drugs. This has been several years ago and he is fine and well today, and one of my best friends in the world. That doesn't change the fact that I know Jesus Christ and I know that homosexuality is a sin, and that my brother will answer for it, as I will answer for my own sins, of which are many and are hated by me (my sins).

'That' makes 'sense'. And 'that' is truly 'sad' beyond 'words' that 'some' obviously cannot 'see'.

And I guess "that's" just 'the way' 'it' goes for 'some folks', As my 'father' tells 'me';

In more ways than one; If there is a 'fair GOD'; truly 'folks' will answer for 'this';

If not; that's just 'the way it goes for some folks', AS my father tells me.

If 'THAT' 'is' 'my brother' I will love 'him'
unconditionally and show him
THE ONLY HEAVEN THAT IS NOW;
regardless of God Given Nature;

AND all my
brothers and
sisters
ARE ONE.

I feel sorry for your brother;
but more than anything, I feel
beyond sorry for you; seriously;
for you know not what you even do.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Breaking Enigma
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2015, 4:43 pm

...OK.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 4:48 pm

Breaking Enigma wrote:
...OK.

I don't believe that you are homophobic or anti-gay. :D

You and I just have different "reasoning" of biblical strictures. I have no problem with that. I just wanted to share with you my understanding of the matter.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 12:36 am

How did this turn into a homosexual thread?

Farther down here is a whole forum for sexual minorities.

As for old books, they are good for a laugh sometimes, and sometimes hold jems of overlooked knowledge.

I will take Astro-Geology for $1000 Alex.

The Universe is at least fifteen billion years old, perhaps much older.

Earth is less than five billion years old, and life less than a billion.

A single Creation is going to take a lot of explaining.

Early Modern Humans have only been found to exist for the last 125,000 years.

We have not found a proto human.

However, they did mate with Neanderthal at that time, so same species, and comparing genomes, we find a common ancestor from 600,000 years ago. That is all the evidence we have on about a half million years of being something.

Early Modern Human artifacts start showing up about 50,000 years ago. Also evidence that the human gene pool split, and only one branch had Neanderthal DNA.

All of the fossils show that Earth was covered in shallow seas, and skipping a cause, the land broke up and floated around?

The Earth had a crust, slag, from when it was molten, but four fifths of that crust is missing.

It was all there when dinosaurs ruled, worldwide shallow seas.

Dinosaurs and four fifths of the crust vanish, and there is no sediment in the Atlantic Basin older than sixty-five million years.

There are gaps in the fossil record that do not show a gradual change, but we only have one fifth of the original crust. New species do appear, suddenly, but could have had origin in the missing pieces.

Nine times in the last billion years almost all life has been killed, which seems sloppy creation, an eraser?

No creation story covers the facts. The Earth is a work in progress.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 2:18 am

Okay, this thread now needs a series of "Your Government LIES!! Dinosaurs Still Exist!!" videos... BECAUSE IT PUTS TO QUESTION AS TO WHETHER THOSE "FOSSILS™" ARE ACTUALLY AS OLD™ AS CLAIMED BY MAIN-STREAM™ EVOLUTIONIST™ SCIENCE™ ! (...because bones™ should 'decay'™ & be basically indistinguishable from the rest of the rocks [I have crushed bones with rocks & burnt everything up in a fire & have difficulty being able to believe that bones can last for millions of years without bio-degration] short of Frozen-Temperature-Preservation)

I now need some Creationist™-claims™ so that I can respond with "Your Church LIES to you !" videos...

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 7:50 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Okay, this thread now needs a series of "Your Government LIES!! Dinosaurs Still Exist!!" videos... BECAUSE IT PUTS TO QUESTION AS TO WHETHER THOSE "FOSSILS™" ARE ACTUALLY AS OLD™ AS CLAIMED BY MAIN-STREAM™ EVOLUTIONIST™ SCIENCE™ ! (...because bones™ should 'decay'™ & be basically indistinguishable from the rest of the rocks [I have crushed bones with rocks & burnt everything up in a fire & have difficulty being able to believe that bones can last for millions of years without bio-degration] short of Frozen-Temperature-Preservation)

Bones do decay, although more slowly than flesh. Your mistake is in thinking that freezing is the only environmental way for them to be preserved. Tar, for example, is impermeable and more or less encases (and soaks into) the remains as seen in the LaBrea tar pits.

The other factor is that fossils are not necessarily undecayed bone. The original bone or other remains (I'm including plants) may be entirely gone but was replaced over time with other minerals so the form is preserved.

Then again you may not have been serious with this post. It's hard to tell.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 9:34 am

I am always serious about questioning everything; I just don't take myself seriously.

Janissy wrote:
Tar, for example, is impermeable and more or less encases (and soaks into) the remains as seen in the LaBrea tar pits.

The other factor is that fossils are not necessarily undecayed bone. The original bone or other remains (I'm including plants) may be entirely gone but was replaced over time with other minerals so the form is preserved.

One of the first things that comes to mind, regarding tar, has to do with...: Pot-Holes in the Streets

...then I have to ask if tar comes in any kinds of various forms & qualities ?
Like are certain types of tars like certain types of metals that have better "grades" than other tar ?

I can see clearly that roads (made of tar) deteriorate from being weathered (within only a few years of of wear & tear let alone millions of years), and certainly don't seem to be preserving their form any better than an average rock, and I've even seen a lightning-bolt (in-person at that) strike a hole into a tar-road not too far away from where I was (less than 100 feet away), although I do have a pressure-cooker, but I use it because I like eating bones but need the pressure-cooker to make some of those bones brittle enough to be edible (for some reason eating bones & marrow seems to be really good for my health to the point where I don't even need to take supplements for my hypo-thyroidism if I've just eaten a few bones first for the day).

Anyway, knowing that I have a pressure-cooker, and knowing that pressure can create heat, and also knowing that any fossils that were dug up would had have to have been crushed under a bunch of pressure, can you grant me any experiments that I can personally try for myself regarding bones & its preservation that won't destroy my pressure-cooker ? Actually, I could probably just order another one for non-cooking purposes, like, I am not willing to eat tar after all.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 9:53 am

Quote:
Are Young Earth Creationist Stupid?

The few that I've known that actually admitted to it were anything but stupid. They hang on to their religious beliefs very tightly, though.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 10:04 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I am always serious about questioning everything; I just don't take myself seriously.
Janissy wrote:
Tar, for example, is impermeable and more or less encases (and soaks into) the remains as seen in the LaBrea tar pits.

One of the first things that comes to mind, regarding tar, has to do with...: Pot-Holes in the Streets

...then I have to ask if tar comes in any kinds of various forms & qualities ?
Like are certain types of tars like certain types of metals that have better "grades" than other tar ?

I can see clearly that roads (made of tar) deteriorate from being weathered (within only a few years of of wear & tear let alone millions of years), and certainly don't seem to be preserving their form any better than an average rock,

The asphalt used for roads is mixed with quite a lot of rock fragments and also spread very thin across a large surface. This exposes it to far more weathering than pure (comparatively) tar in a deep pit.

Quote:
Anyway, knowing that I have a pressure-cooker, and knowing that pressure can create heat, and also knowing that any fossils that were dug up would had have to have been crushed under a bunch of pressure, can you grant me any experiments that I can personally try for myself regarding bones & its preservation that won't destroy my pressure-cooker ? Actually, I could probably just order another one for non-cooking purposes, like, I am not willing to eat tar after all.

A pressure cooker is not for preserving bones but rather for leaching materials out of them (I make bone broth in a pressure cooker too). The thing is, it sounds like you have noticed that there are a number of conditions that can destroy bones and then concluded that therefore bones won't be preserved (except for in the conditions you are familiar with seeing them preserved- your freezer). Just because you are able to destroy bones at home does not therefore mean that anything that seems superficially similar will also destroy bones. Just as you can't equate a highway to a tar pit just because they both have tar, you can't equate a pressure cooker to the earth just because they both subject materials to greater than atmospheric pressure.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 11:25 am

Does that mean that there are no scientific™-experiments in existence that allow us to mimick the conditions for producing fossils ? Also, I find that bones can and do in fact, become very brittle when subjected to both heat and pressure, not to mention that if bones and such had been buried underneath a bunch of dirt, then surely there would be various micro-organisms that would chew/bio-degrade/digest anything biological, such as bones that those bones should become brittle from all of that "composting" effect ?

Janissy wrote:
A pressure cooker is not for preserving bones but rather for leaching materials out of them (I make bone broth in a pressure cooker too). The thing is, it sounds like you have noticed that there are a number of conditions that can destroy bones and then concluded that therefore bones won't be preserved (except for in the conditions you are familiar with seeing them preserved- your freezer). Just because you are able to destroy bones at home does not therefore mean that anything that seems superficially similar will also destroy bones. Just as you can't equate a highway to a tar pit just because they both have tar, you can't equate a pressure cooker to the earth just because they both subject materials to greater than atmospheric pressure.

I must admit that I haven't really tried sticking bones into a compost-pile, but closing my eyes and "asking the universe" for answers as to how bones could possibly be preserved for a long-term duration, the main thing (with a few vague things in the back-ground) that my "psychic-mind" is "receiving" is the idea that soft "clay" wraps around these bones followed by the clay itself hardening, but clay itself should also become brittle over time, too, should it not ?

Okay, nevermind, the "mental-impression" I'm now getting is pointing me towards the Clay-Pot Heater that I made a few months ago & how I can raise it to high temperatures without the clay melting, although it could still crack with impact. Now I can only guess that these animals getting stuck in a bunch of clay might be similar to how we have such things as cement or quick-drying cement that they somehow found themselves trapped in (like flies/insects getting stuck onto fly-paper). That still brings me to another question though:

What kinds of (weather-)conditions would be required of these creatures to somehow roam around in such a manner that they would get stuck in these clay pools ? Active sink-holes ? Flooding I suppose could be another one. Assuming of course that these clay-pits weren't just traps created by aliens to capture a variety of strange earth-species for their DNA (talk about weather & controlling it reminds me of weather-control technology & words like HAARP but I'll ignore that part for now).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm

Ban-Dodger wrote:

I now need some Creationist™-claims™ so that I can respond with "Your Church LIES to you !" videos...

(Sigh)
The video of what-ever-it-was jumping out of the water in the distance could be anything. It could be a shark with something in it's mouth for all we know. Doesn't make it a dinosaur.
I'm familiar with the mammoth footage, and by all indication, it was actually CGI footage taken from a Discovery Channel documentary.
The rotting thing caught in the Japanese fishing boat net, from what I've heard, was probably some species of shark. The thing is, dead, decaying animals can look very different from when they were alive and complete. Case in point: a few years ago, there was talk about the Montock Monster, which was an unidentifiable decaying animal carcass that had washed ashore in New York state. After all the weird conspiracy theories about genetically altered animals escaping from government facilities, it was later determined the thing was just a dead raccoon.
As far as the Vladamir Putin secret video of the running dinosaur is concerned: the footage was dark and blurry. Chances are, it was an ostrich or related land bound bird.
That creationist hack showing a slide show of primitive art to prove that dinosaurs walked with humans? Primitive art is more often than not filled with mythological imagery, and should not be taken as representations of life. That kook can show as many slides as he likes, and explain his preconceived conclusions with them, but it all means nothing as long as there is no physical dinosaur remains dating into human times. And I wouldn't believe anything that those hucksters say, as they have an awful record when it comes to graft and theft.
And the alleged flying prehistoric reptile footage? The animal was far in the distance, and so genuine identification is doubtful. Doesn't make it a dinosaur.
As a matter of fact, there are dinosaurs still alive. They're all around us. They're called birds.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm

A good point. Hardly anything makes it to fossil.

Sink holes, being picked up in a flood and buried in stream sediments, falling into muddy water where it slows down and deposits silt.

Take the Great Plains, some fossil beds that were waterholes, pothole lakes, a slow sinkhole that held water, where the dead sank. Some trapped bones for millions of years. Organic, acid, mud, the living walking on the dead, lots of fossils survived.

The Bison, 90,000,000 in 1860, likely as many going back before the ice age, are rarely found as fresh bones or fossils.

Most fossils are replacement casts. Petrified wood is mostly agate, silica that just took the pattern. The same for clam shells, nothing left but a flint replacement. Wood mostly takes volcanic ash deposits or being buried in a swamp.

There were a lot more trees and plants than animals, fossils are still rare. Fossils in coal beds are coal, only an outline is left.

The same in stone, Petrified, turned to stone. The only bone cell structure is in silica replacement. No DNA.

Layered platy sediments, fine silt, regular deposits, under water, are the best fossil traps. It can be siltstone, or if heated, slate. the fossil is nothing more than a stain.

In most places digging down will show no trace of the billion years of life. Bio active life has recycled it all into a dark stain in the dirt.

Microscopic life makes up most marine sedimentary rock, and makes it easy to date.

That fresh looking Mammoth discovery most likely fell through ice covered in snow, and down into a acid peat bog. Sometimes skin and hair are preserved. They are pickled.

Miles of the Earth's surface have eroded. Granit Plutons now mountains, were formed miles underground, and everything above eroded away.

Not much record to start with, a lot lost.