Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 7:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
progaspie wrote:
ISIS only exists because the U.S. withdraw its forces from Iraq putting their faith in the local army to defend the country. They also didn't support the local Syrian opposition against president Asaad allowing the fascist religious nut cases who claim they represent the Islamic faith (they don't) to kill off the rest of the opposition and take over large swaths of Iraq and Syria. They will never overtake the south of Iraq where the Shiites live, or the north of the country where the Kurds live. They control about 8 million Sunnis in the north of Iraq, but there are about 20 million Kurds living in the north of Iraq and Turkey and about 50 million Shiites living in Southern Iraq and Iran. So the numbers say that ISIS are never going to expand past the regions they already occupy, but they will attempt to saturate the media with their propaganda and attempt to influence events in the countries where other Sunnis live such as Libia, Sauda Arabia and Tunisia. Sadly the gutless West who allowed these events to occur in Syria and Iraq will continue to do next to nothing to liberate the enslaved population living under ISIS. Hopefully the next president of the U.S. will have the courage to do something.

Do something?

Do WHAT exactly?

Talk to Saudi Arabia, talk to Iran, talk to the Russians and Chinese.

Organize a coalition army to retake all the regions occupied by ISIS.

Arrest all the leaders of ISIS and try them in the international court in Haag for war crimes.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 6:17 am

Is this humor?

The Saudis are funding them.

We only talk to Iran and Russia to threaten them with ISIS.

We are threatening to go to war with China over the Spratlys.

On a good day you would lose 20,000 taking out ISIS, and that day would last ten years.

Assad has lost 100,000 over four years fighting the Saudi American Plan.

This is a Saudi CIA op to build a wall between Iran and Syria and Lebanon.

Russia and Iran have already proposed a joint force to destroy ISIS.

The US said we wont play with you. Then they over threw the government of Ukraine.

The US would not sell Iraq planes, the Russians did. The US would not supply weapons that would stop an armored truck bomb. That is ISIS main weapon.

So put the US on trial, go ahead.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 2:40 pm

auntblabby wrote:
gulp. hope for the best.

To put things into perspective, this is how close ISIS's closest controlled area (Tadmur) to Lebanon's borders, merely 3 hours by car.

Where things (in Tadmur) look like this:

Meanwhile in Lebanon, people are doing touristic festivals :lol:.

Not saying that people should stop having fun, but there's a frustrating mass burying-head-in-the-sand around here of the great danger that may come, they hear it in the news but like 'nah, it will stay there' ... probably the worst danger in our history would ever be faced, I see no serious measures even taken yet.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 31 May 2015, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 2:42 pm

^^^
that collective denial of danger reminds me of another time in history, not too far away. I hope Lebanon's collective leadership is nothing like Neville Chamberlain.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 5:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^
that collective denial of danger reminds me of another time in history, not too far away. I hope Lebanon's collective leadership is nothing like Neville Chamberlain.

I found it interesting to read about WW2. The Netherlands tried to sit that one out and just counted on not getting invaded by Germany, didn't invest in the military. The military wasn't really up to even WW1 standards. Then the Germans invaded because we happened to be on the route to France.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:03 pm

^^^
I wonder how history would have changed had the Netherlands been prepared?

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2015, 7:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Not saying that people should stop having fun, but there's a frustrating mass burying-head-in-the-sand around here of the great danger that may come, they hear it in the news but like 'nah, it will stay there' ... probably the worst danger in our history would ever be faced, I see no serious measures even taken yet.

From what I've read about Lebanon it's very ethnically diverse compared to the rest of the middle east. It may be hard to get consensus to do anything about said problem with a diverse population.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 2:14 am

Aristophanes wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

From what I've read about Lebanon it's very ethnically diverse compared to the rest of the middle east. It may be hard to get consensus to do anything about said problem with a diverse population.

Yes, for instance there's no consensus at all in hezbollah's involvement into deep Syria -some of their allies think it's just a waste of men, no matter how strong hezbollah is, Syria is too large for it, and their opposing parties basically think it will just create more enemies other than just ISIS (ISIS would be enemy against all even if you do nothing against them) who will retaliate against you. (and did retaliate with bombings).

But there would be a consensus on strengthening the army, but it's the leaderships' nonchalance again.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 8:04 am

Inventor wrote:
Is this humor?

The Saudis are funding them.

We only talk to Iran and Russia to threaten them with ISIS.

Saudis are to be blamed for funding global spread of radical Islam - and other terrorist groups, which led to ISIS.

But there's no evidence they're funding ISIS.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 8:20 am

Say, speaking of ISIS, what does ISIS actually stand for, because I've seen™ that acronym on The Messiah™'s web-site.

http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/truth/web/suicide2.htm wrote:
The ‘I.S.I.S.’ Plan.
International Suicide Implementation Strategy (ISIS)

Perhaps there's more than one ISIS in the manner that there's more than one Illuminati™ and more than one Constitution™ ?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Probably not much.

The Netherlands is tiny compared to Germany.

Belgium (comparable in size,and population to the Netherlands) was well armed, but still got clobbered by the Germans in the first days of both the first AND in the first days of the second world wars (in both wars belgium was just the invasion route to France, Germany widened the highway by taking the Netherlands in the Second war). And in the second WW France (in Germany's own weight class, and well armed) also fell fast to the Blitz.

The mother country of the Netherlands was not nearly as strategically important to the war as was its faraway colony: the Dutch East Indies (now the nation of Indonesia). A hundred and fifty times the size of the NL itself, and rich in oil, the whole huge chain of islands was seized in the lighting campaign by Japan right after Pearl Harbor. Even if the NL had managed to defend the mother country in Europe from the Germans it would not have helped the allies in the European theater very much, and Japan still would have seized Indonesia. And the War in the Pacific would have been much the same.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:03 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^

Probably not much.

The Netherlands is tiny compared to Germany.

Belgium (comparable in size,and population to the Netherlands) was well armed, but still got clobbered by the Germans in the first days of both the first AND in the first days of the second world wars (in both wars belgium was just the invasion route to France, Germany widened the highway by taking the Netherlands in the Second war). And in the second WW France (in Germany's own weight class, and well armed) also fell fast to the Blitz.

The mother country of the Netherlands was not nearly as strategically important to the war as was its faraway colony: the Dutch East Indies (now the nation of Indonesia). A hundred and fifty times the size of the NL itself, and rich in oil, the whole huge chain of islands was seized in the lighting campaign by Japan right after Pearl Harbor. Even if the NL had managed to defend the mother country in Europe from the Germans it would not have helped the allies in the European theater very much, and Japan still would have seized Indonesia. And the War in the Pacific would have been much the same.

The German military was downright ferocious to open WWII, had Hitler not foolishly opened a second front not even the United States' entry would have quashed them. Thankfully for all the bluster Hitler was at heart an arrogant twit and did open a second front, siphoning supplies and spreading the supply chain thin.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2015, 10:25 am

Aristophanes wrote:
The German military was downright ferocious to open WWII, had Hitler not foolishly opened a second front not even the United States' entry would have quashed them. Thankfully for all the bluster Hitler was at heart an arrogant twit and did open a second front, siphoning supplies and spreading the supply chain thin.

Indeed, but it was Russia creating Communist nations out of its former western regions that caused much fear in Germany's initiation of World War II. The fascists in Germany loathed the Communists both pre-and post-WWI and acted in ways to isolate Communism from spreading to central Europe which, at the time, seemed likely. Although Russia played no official part in the 1919 Treaty of Versailles, its shadow combined with the treaty's demands which further punished Germany conflated Germany's political upheaval and consequent initiation of WWII.

Of course, the official theories work only so far. I tend to blend it with those of British and American economist, historian and writer Antony C. Sutton ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_C._Sutton ) which suggest much more involved U.S. interests.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)