Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2015, 5:35 pm

Does anyone else feel like there just isn't anything left that's interesting? Or as if you understand the very fabric of the world and it's all gone dull?

For example: There is nothing you need to know about anyone except for what they identify with. People are just mirrors walking around looking for good reflections to stare at. (Not that this statement comprises my actual point)

Obviously I'm talking about apathy. But I don't consider myself apathetic. Just maybe a little bored with everything except science.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm

I don't think I've ever been bored, but I am more apathetic than I would like to be.
Most of the time it just seems like I don't belong in this world.
I find myself wishing for an alien intelligence to come and take me.

Perhaps it's just the oppressiveness of the current memetic environment that causes me to feel this.
It's hard to be sure.

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm

I just convince myself that everything is one and each existence is like a single eye on a giant spider weaving a web of creation within nothingness.
I'm not good at analogies, I don't think it's a spider at all. But it makes it okay.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 9:21 pm

The fabric of humanity exists mostly in the realm of the imagination. The real component becomes relatively smaller as each year passes. Unfortunately it's the real component that I'm most interested in.

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Jun 2015, 9:23 pm

olympiadis wrote:
The fabric of humanity exists mostly in the realm of the imagination. The real component becomes relatively smaller as each year passes. Unfortunately it's the real component that I'm most interested in.

Define the essense of your component of interest for me?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm

MClaudeW wrote:
olympiadis wrote:

The material world and the energy that directly affects it. Physics.
Things that lend themselves to the certainty of binary logic.

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2015, 12:18 am

olympiadis wrote:
MClaudeW wrote:
olympiadis wrote:

The material world and the energy that directly affects it. Physics.
Things that lend themselves to the certainty of binary logic.

What do you think of the idea that light exists at all points along its "path" at the same time because it is not effected by time? From our perspective we see it as taking time to move, but from the lights perspective why I the difference, without time, wasn't it already there?

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 2:53 am

MClaudeW wrote:
What do you think of the idea that light exists at all points along its "path" at the same time because it is not effected by time? From our perspective we see it as taking time to move, but from the lights perspective why I the difference, without time, wasn't it already there?

It makes perfect sense to me, so I agree with it.
I consider anything in the realm of the sub-atomic and smaller to be exempt from our perceptions of both distance and time.
I think the subatomic world is collectively responsible for what we perceive as distance and time, but is not subject to it.

Some people would say that technically a photon does not have a perspective, or that perspective itself is the collective result of subatomic actions.

It might also be said that the experience of time is the byproduct of an intersection between forces of entropy and anti-entropy, and that individual particles have to participate in either one or the other, but normally not both at once.

An individual particle can't really reflect an order or a disorder, and so is exempt from certain effects, - I think.

This is an interest of mine.

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2015, 7:32 am

But that disallows for time to be a cross section of nth dimensional movement. I don't believe at all that we are "3D" beings.
I don't believe there can be an absense of any part of the whole structure of the universe simply by perspective. I believe light is a matter of matter moving nth dimensionally. Same as gravity. Gravity and magnetism are probably the wake of matters movement, like the way of a boat moving through space, where the water pulls in behind to fill the passage. Which would explain the concentric nature of both.

What do you think of this idea? Picture a hard drive spinning, then picture the top of a planet spinning, with all it's craters and ridges and individual atmospheres causing different Raleigh scattering.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

I think that is interesting.

There are some great youtube videos with Garrett Lisi.
There's also an interesting 3 hour video speculating about 3 dimensional time, that only an aspie could appreciate.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

I think part of this is the aging process because less and less of what you are experiencing is "new". Being Autistic might enhance this phenomenon, we like repetitive things and when we have a special interest the gathering of information about that topic is possibly quicker and we are more likely to run into repetitive information.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Jun 2015, 2:51 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
I think part of this is the aging process because less and less of what you are experiencing is "new". Being Autistic might enhance this phenomenon, we like repetitive things and when we have a special interest the gathering of information about that topic is possibly quicker and we are more likely to run into repetitive information.

That sound accurate. I do gather information on topics of interest at a very high rate. It seems I can only enjoy skill based activities now. Well... My whole life. Anything short of infinity is to big. Illustration, ice skating, smash bros, science, reading, dog training. It's like my life has been nothing but an unconscious focus on developing my shortcomings, one fourteen hour a day focus after another.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 4:39 am

Whenever I start feeling bored of things or that I've dissected everything about it I usually move on to something else or believe that there is still more to that things, probably things I can't even imagine, the Japanese used to believe they're the only people existing didn't they? I think this case is similar, you believe you learned and figured everything about something but reality you actually didn't

MClaudeW
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jun 2015, 9:11 am

Zajie wrote:
Whenever I start feeling bored of things or that I've dissected everything about it I usually move on to something else or believe that there is still more to that things, probably things I can't even imagine, the Japanese used to believe they're the only people existing didn't they? I think this case is similar, you believe you learned and figured everything about something but reality you actually didn't

I appreciate the response but that is an inherently invalid assumption which is slightly demeaning in nature.

It's simply depression and stagnation.

I have no income, no power, no love, and no respect. So nothing has value to me and therefore no interest. Thank you for positing that I may be assuming to know more than I do, because in responding I got to the crux of it.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 2:43 pm

MClaudeW wrote:
Zajie wrote:

I appreciate the response but that is an inherently invalid assumption which is slightly demeaning in nature.

It's simply depression and stagnation.

I have no income, no power, no love, and no respect. So nothing has value to me and therefore no interest. Thank you for positing that I may be assuming to know more than I do, because in responding I got to the crux of it.

You're welcome
Sorry to hear that, I hope things get better for you

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2015, 2:45 pm

olympiadis wrote:
Most of the time it just seems like I don't belong in this world.
This is a difficult thought to escape for me as well.