Do you get headaches from being around people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2015, 8:57 pm

For me, I tend to get headaches when I am out for a while with people I am expected to socialize with. There have been times when I have had a migraine and close to throwing up on the streets because it's all just too much.

Lately I've been locked inside so that hasn't happened so often.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 9:10 pm

Headache, nausea, dizziness... the noise, stress of trying to act normal... yes, I'm familiar. I usually have to leave the room after a short period of time if more than one person is present.

Drawyer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 9:11 pm

I prefer being alone..I feel complete peace when I'm alone and I think I am happiest when I am alone.
I have to meet people due to my work and I don't want to get used to meeting people..
I don't want to be friends with any of people IRL. Because they would want to invade my place, which I hate most.
I feel like I am being polluted by others when I am being around people..

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2015, 9:33 pm

Drawyer wrote:
I prefer being alone..I feel complete peace when I'm alone and I think I am happiest when I am alone.
I have to meet people due to my work and I don't want to get used to meeting people..
I don't want to be friends with any of people IRL. Because they would want to invade my place, which I hate most.
I feel like I am being polluted by others when I am being around people..

I like people and want to interact, which is probably because I rarely meet people. Going outside for a little and meeting random people is energizing when I do well and terrible when I don't do well, if I don't do well I end up just replaying the interaction in my head over and over for hours trying to pick apart exactly what went wrong.

Usually people say that being around people is draining, for me it's energizing if it's limited to just a few minutes. After that it can become a nightmare.

The real problem for me when I get headaches and am becoming visually unhealthy looking is that people start worrying and trying to help me which makes things worse.

StellarJean
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Oct 2015, 12:46 am

Scanner wrote:
For me, I tend to get headaches when I am out for a while with people I am expected to socialize with.

Same here. I get tired quickly, and very often it leads to an headache when I can't isolate myself.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 12:52 am

They get headaches, and nose-bleeds.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 1:00 am

I think I get headaches outside because of allergies and having sensory sensitivities to smells. I think weather affects my head too, especially when there's a huge storm and/or a possible tornado.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Oct 2015, 4:04 pm

I find being around people for awhile can be kind of draining sometimes but I don't get headaches much from it unless I'm tired or really stressed out about something.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2015, 8:37 pm

Yeah, a headache and exhaustion. For me, I think it's the processing demands and trying to remember all the rules/demands that people have. And, I guess that there's at best a 50%(80%?) chance that it's going to suck. That's stressful, too.

madmick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Oct 2015, 2:46 pm

When I left Miami on my sailboat I got to Conception island in the Bahamas. There was only one other boat anchored there. I anchored in the sand and soon after my head filled with thoughts about existentialism. It was so powerful that I couldn't think about anything else. I was tired from sailing all day.
I got invited onto the other boat later in the day and on their table was a book on existentialism. I borrowed it as i didn't know what it was. I bumped into the couple from time to time and spooked the wife as I could tell her what she was reading.
Conception is a long way from society and if she could give me a headache I think that a few thousand people in near proximity would be awful.
I discovered this as I had removed myself from people for a large distance.
BTW Conception island is beautiful and worth a visit. Also called land of the giants by the Spanish Wells people. I caught a lobster that was so big I could barely lift it onto my dinghy.

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2015, 9:53 pm

Sometimes, but usually I just feel exhausted from the effort to be doing everything right.

I understand though that the people would not want me to feel that way and that for them, being in groups and having a lot of conversation is very normal. I get that so I do my best to accommodate it, and then I just have a nap afterward. :)