Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 9:50 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
I call this one "Cereal and Milk".

1. Open the cupboard where the cereal box is supposed to be. If not there, keep searching cupboards at random. If not in cupboards, try alternate locations such as under sink.

2. Place cereal box on counter. If necessary, clear week old newspapers, leftover food, books, and magazines out of the way.

3. Make sure the bunny rabbit or the captain is right side up.

4. Attempt to open the box gently. When this fails, use the largest butcher knife at hand. Violently slash top of box 'till open. Being careful not to cut any fingers or arteries.

5. Once box has been opened, find a bowl. Repeat random search pattern as in step one until found. Wipe leftover crud out of bowl using filthy towel hanging off refrigerator.

6. Pour cereal into bowl, being careful not to overfill.

7. Sweep spilt cereal into pet's food bowl.

8. Go to refrigerator, and locate milk. Sniff to make sure it hasn't curdled too much.

9. Pour aged milk into bowl, being careful to not over pour.

10 Direct pet to lap up spilt milk.

11. Open drawers at random to locate a spoon. When no spoon is found, use hand.

12. Locate box of sugar in random pattern, as previously noted for cereal, spoon and bowl.

13. Liberally add sugar to cereal to taste.

14. Sweep spilt sugar into pet's food bowl.

15. After you're through eating this tasty treat, put bowl on floor for pet to clean up.

16. Wrap top of box with aluminium foil to keep freshness in.

:lol:

8O

I have the same recipe except, I put the milk in the cupboard and the cereal in the fridge. You should see me make coffee sometimes, now that's a treat.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 10:05 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
[
sounds good.

Here's a tip for garlic ... break a clove off the bulb, lie the flat of a broad knife on it and bash it with your fist. It crushes the garlic and then the paper is easily removed. You can chop the garlic a bit more if you want, but its usually enough for me.

Your receipe reminds me of "whores pasta" - which was said to be a favorite of Napoli whores because it was quick. I'll have to think about it a bit to remember what goes in it, but it include anchovy fillets, rough chopped tomatoes garlic and olive oil.

I don't think I ever heard the name, it was just something the first wife knew how to make. It wasn't till on a dig I mentioned it and the head arch was Italian and knew the slang name and yeah it was quick and I won't go any further then that with the slang. I like the tomato add in you mentioned, give that a try. Never tried to improve on it, could think of a couple other things that would blend in fast too. Garlic and I came to much those same terms along time ago, hammers work just fine. I still like the paste better then the fillets, easy to find in any good Italian section in a store. easy to store and keeps for a long time.

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 3:03 am

^^^ forgot basil and black olives (make sure you get kalamata olives) :D

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 3:07 am

TY, soundin good 8)

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 4:34 pm

PASTA WITH PUTTANESCA SAUCE

1 can (28 oz) peeled Italian plum tomatoes
3 chopped cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
6 pitted and halved kalamata olives
6 pitted and halved Spanish green olives
1 tbsp capers
1 lb linguine
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Grated Parmesan

Crush tomatoes with your hands. In a large nonstick pot, sauté garlic in oil until golden brown, taking care not to burn. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes on a low flame. In a separate medium-sized pot, bring water to boil. Add olives and capers to tomatoes and cook 10 minutes more. Meanwhile, add linguine to the boiling water. When pasta is cooked through yet slightly firm, about 8 minutes, drain and divide among 4 bowls. Top with sauce; sprinkle with fresh basil and Parmesan to taste.

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 May 2007, 4:48 pm

I haven't been able to cook anything w/ beer ever since that time I cooked a ham in beer when I was pregnant. I can't even remember if it was my 2nd or third pregnancy. It's really a shame since I remember liking things cooked in beer before that. Now anytime I see beer in a recipe, it makes me nauseous.