Is there a country on Earth where Caucasians are "thriving"?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 1:39 am

Is there any country on planet Earth where European white Caucasian people are a "thriving" minority? I guess in every country on Earth, we couldn't find one where whites will soon overtake another demographic as a majority.

A little scary sometimes. I rarely think about it, but from this realization, it sucks to be white.

But no offense, I don't judge people's actions by the color of their skin or ethnic group, I want to give everybody a chance.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 2:05 am

In the US, "Hispanics" are considered a thriving minority of European ancestry.

"the average European admixture among self-identified White Hispanic Americans is 73%"
" (the average for Hispanic Americans regardless of race is 65.1%)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans

53% self-identify as "white" in the last census
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_His ... _Americans

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:07 am

The word "thriving" usually means "doing well", AND "growing in number". A farmers livestock is said to be "thriving" if the cows are both getting fat, and the heard is staying big in numbers.

With humans since the 20th Century prosperity tends to equate with a lowering in birth rate. So the word "thriving" is a meaningless and misleading term to use because since the mid 20th Century doing well became decoupled with- and in fact became inversely correlated with growing numbers. The fatter the cows the slower the herd grows, and the leaner the cows the more the herd grows. So "thriving" isnt "thriving" anymore.

Whites are doing well compared to other races world over wealth-wise. And for that very reason White population numbers are stable because White countries have lowered birth rates (precisely because of prosperity). That while other races continue to grow in numbers.

Since there are too many humans on the planet in total -slow population growth is good. So the rich countries (and the richer groups within countries) are laudable for learning how control their numbers. And its up to the rich to set the right example anyway.

If it makes you feel better there are rich non White countries that have also controlled their population. Notably Japan. Japan (like many European countries) is dropping in birth rate so fast that it will soon be below replacement rate, and will start loosing population.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:15 am

If your only measure is a minority that will overtake other cohorts to become majority, that's a bit silly.

There are, typically, only two ways in which a minority population could displace a majority population: colonialism, and mass migration.

In the Americas, Australia and New Zealand, colonization displaced indigenous populations. That was largely down to two factors--sheer force of numbers, and plague. We brought plagues to the "New World" which had no plagues for us to take back, and decimation and colonization followed.

In theory, as natural population replacement wanes in OECD counties, population growth will be maintained through immigration, which will affect demographic balances. However, nowhere in the world has this played out, as far as I am aware.

Canada has one of the most aggressive immigration policies around, targeting an acceptance rate of 1% of its population in new migrants annually. We haven't even come close to displacing the European demographic majority in this country. You have to drill down to the suburban level to find any jurisdiction which is not majority white.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 2:27 pm

South Africa, Brazil, Israel..... to name a few

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 2:32 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Is there any country on planet Earth where European white Caucasian people are a "thriving" minority? I guess in every country on Earth, we couldn't find one where whites will soon overtake another demographic as a majority.

A little scary sometimes. I rarely think about it, but from this realization, it sucks to be white.

But no offense, I don't judge people's actions by the color of their skin or ethnic group, I want to give everybody a chance.

I'm a little confused by this. Why is it scary? Why does it 'suck to be white'?

That implies some kind of issue that's brought about by other people not being white, doesn't it? When, in reality, the colour of other people doesn't affect your colour. You're not going to change colour yourself, because other races are becoming the more 'dominant' in populations.

All that will happen (presumably) is that white skin colours will become less common and your descendants may have darker skin.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 2:34 pm

Chummy wrote:

Whites are in no way going to "overtake another demographic as a majority." (to use the OP's words) in either South Africa or Israel, and in Brazil, I'm reasonably confident that they have outnumbered the Indigenous people for the better part of a couple of centuries.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:41 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Chummy wrote:

Whites are in no way going to "overtake another demographic as a majority." (to use the OP's words) in either South Africa or Israel, and in Brazil, I'm reasonably confident that they have outnumbered the Indigenous people for the better part of a couple of centuries.

You are right. I didn't realize the OP meant demographically going to take majority. Where do non-whites minority gona take majority over whites tho? Even in America (I'm refering to US) majority of people are white.. not that skin color matters that much, more importantly that those people are of the same culture as everyone... and not try to alienate themselves. That is the issue and not skin colour actually. Obviously African Americans are not quite like people from Kongo or whatever countries in africa. They are modern, educated, talented, because they assimilated well within America and it's been like hundreds of years so.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

K_Kelly wrote:

Israelis are just white people really for the most part and are wiping out the non white natives. They just don't like other white people around the world.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:

Israelis are just white people really for the most part and are wiping out the non white natives. They just don't like other white people around the world.

Lol where did you bring that data from homer? clearly you are clueless.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:12 pm

How so Chummy?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:24 pm

Plenty of white people in Colorado, I certainly don't get the impression white people are dying off in masses...also white people have never been a 'majority' as far as world population as a whole so why is it so disturbing to you they're not going to soon overtake another demographic.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Plenty of white people in Colorado, I certainly don't get the impression white people are dying off in masses...also white people have never been a 'majority' as far as world population as a whole so why is it so disturbing to you they're not going to soon overtake another demographic.

Weren't they over 30% of the world population at some point though, and today has declined by more than 20%?

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:33 pm

Because I've been in Israel so that's my source... really the opposite of the lies I see on news...

I don't like generalizations like all Americans are ignorant, all Israelis hate white people (which is not the usual stereotype actually I hear about them, you just made it up), all Japanese are introverted nerds etc etc

There are no natives. There was nothing in Israel definitely not natives like in America before whites got there. Before 1948 there were approx 600,000 jews in Israel and maybe a few million arabs (and I'm not making this up actually)... jews originally known to have olive skin... european white jews are part of assimilation with local noon-jewish population...

Now comes the "not sure" part of me shooting in the dark and throwing numbers: most Israelis ain't white, maybe 30% are, not more. 1 out of 5. When there is marriage between dark/white mixed, the dark gene gets priority over the reccessive "white" gene. That's true anywhere in the word statistically. And I guess that's why white minorities don't thrive....

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Weren't they over 30% of the world population at some point though, and today has declined by more than 20%?

Thirty percent still isnt a "majority".

Historically "Whites" (in the narrow sense of meaning pallid Europeans) were only a majority in their home landmass of Europe.

After 1500 Whites spread to the rest of the world in the ages of discovery and colonization.

And then around 1800 European and American cities got better sewer systems- causing the main cause of death (infectious diseases) to suddenly disappear (this even before advances in medicine to fight germs were made). The drop in deaths in advanced countries caused a population explosion in advanced countries that continued into the 20th century. Since advanced countries happed to be White -whites grew in proportion to the world population. Peaking at an abnormally high 30 percent.

Then in the 20th century non white countries caught up in reducing their death rates and also experienced the population tidal wave. This occurred as the White countries entered the next phase- the phase of declining births to make up for the decline in deaths. So though absolute numbers of folks of every skin color continued to rise the proportion of Whites began to fall from the abnormal high of 30 percent reached around 1900.

As modernity progressed in the late 20th and 21st centuries in poor nonwhite countries births also started to fall as well. Eventually the whole world will probably stabilize in birth rate to near replacement rate in the next century (if we dont all blow ourselves up before that). So the ratio between folks of different skin color will stablilize.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:57 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
K_Kelly wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Thirty percent still isnt a "majority".

Historically "Whites" (in the narrow sense of meaning pallid Europeans) were only a majority in their home landmass of Europe.

After 1500 Whites spread to the rest of the world in the ages of discovery and colonization.

And then around 1800 European and American cities got better sewer systems- causing the main cause of death (infectious diseases) to suddenly disappear (this even before advances in medicine to fight germs were made). The drop in deaths in advanced countries caused a population explosion in advanced countries that continued into the 20th century. Since advanced countries happed to be White -whites grew in proportion to the world population. Peaking at an abnormally high 30 percent.

Then in the 20th century non white countries caught up in reducing their death rates and also experienced the population tidal wave. This occurred as the White countries entered the next phase- the phase of declining births to make up for the decline in deaths. So though absolute numbers of folks of every skin color continued to rise the proportion of Whites began to fall from the abnormal high of 30 percent reached around 1900.

As modernity progressed in the late 20th and 21st centuries in poor nonwhite countries births also started to fall as well. Eventually the whole world will probably stabilize in birth rate to near replacement rate in the next century (if we dont all blow ourselves up before that). So the ratio between folks of different skin color will stablilize.

As Thomas Friedman has pointed out -- the world is flat. The U.S. is the only remaining superpower and the U.S. is racially diverse. Which brings me to the main point. Race does not matter. Culture and value do matter.