Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 11:51 am

I just read that the power of Krakow want to allow the use of hybrid cars city bus lanes,

To promote environmentally friendly means of transport, and reduce smog in the city. Because apparently Krakow has a serious problem with smog especially in winter.

But apparently it's not like all citizens, that is merely a way to exalt the rich bastards in hybrids.

and ordinary citizens should pop rich f ers tires :mrgreen:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2016, 4:36 pm

:)

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:50 am

In this jurisdiction the only concession is to allow Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) and plug-in Hybrids to use high-occupancy vehicle lanes even if there is only a single rider.

Using lanes restricted to buses is not a privilege that comes with driving an electric car. (To my occasional disappointment).

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Aug 2016, 10:06 am

We don't have bus lanes

sometimes bike lanes but I sure as heck wouldn't ride on them or be comfortable driving around riders

HOV lanes on interstate, I think they might allow hybrids on them even if alone I'm not sure

don't think it makes a ton of difference

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 10:44 am

Jacoby wrote:
We don't have bus lanes

sometimes bike lanes but I sure as heck wouldn't ride on them or be comfortable driving around riders

HOV lanes on interstate, I think they might allow hybrids on them even if alone I'm not sure

But why create this high-occupancy vehicle lanes anyway?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

25 Aug 2016, 10:47 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
We don't have bus lanes

basically to encourage carpooling and ridesharing

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 10:56 am

Are bus lanes really better than regular lanes though? I mean I don't think I have ever seen a bus lane here...but I'd think if they did have them it would kind of suck to drive in that lane as you'd have to constantly stop for the bus in front of you picking people up.

I could see a bus lane being useful for buses, so they don't slow regular traffic...but I certainly don't want to wait on the road construction it would take to make them. lol

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 12:00 pm

Jacoby wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
We don't have bus lanes

basically to encourage carpooling and ridesharing

Another leftist stupid idea.
The rich will pay(for road that was probably already funded from public mony) will go faster anyway!
And poor will stay in road traffic.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

26 Aug 2016, 3:05 pm

I am an advanced master automotive technician, and a master engine machinist (25 years). From experience, I can tell you this. Hybrid cars are a rediculious wast of energy, money, and makes more toxic pollutants from mining, and disposal than a regular ULEV gas vehicle. It is as stupid of an idea as using corn for fuel.

Hydrogen is the ONLY viable solution for an alternative to your standard METHONOL run vehicle that anyone knows of. Seperating hydrogen from water using electrolosis was invented in the mid 1800's. You can make it with solar power using any water. There are toy cars you can buy that work on hydrogen that you can make with water and batteries. Big corp is fooling everyone with these money making alternatives.

Me on the other hand, I don't really care one way or the other. Whatever it is, if it brakes, I fix it, and take your money. There is no shortage of it either. That's my job.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

27 Aug 2016, 9:44 pm

I'm kind of going off the bus lane with this, but one more thing. People using batteries to store power is a bad idea as well. You can use solar, and wind to make, and store hydrogen, and use it to run a generator for power when you have no light, or wind for power instead of batteries. For some reason it is not a popular idea, but it is perfectly clean compared to a toxic battery.

I believe it is interesting how these "fuel alternatives" that people impliment are really not as "clean", or as effecient than gas. Everything goes back to methanol.

I also think it is interesting that diesel, being cleaner, because it basically makes soot, and cheaper to make, because it requires less refinement, has not been a better alternative than methanol, or some toxic battery for "green" people.

Why diesel/kerosene is not alot cheaper than methanol blows my mind. Apples to apples it is a cheaper fuel. About 1/3 cheaper.

You want green, stop making babies. Stop pooping. Poopers, and baby makers should not be in the bus lane.