Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2007, 5:34 pm

Nowtha's it's "official" for people to be diagnosed as Aspie/ASD...Well I just wonder .
My parents are gone, my adult relatives who,to any degree,care about me are gone, ( I go into more detail at "General Autism" under " Foot Problems " .
Perhaps because my parents were big readers & journalists & English majors I am a " normal " person - above-avergae - there , but ,maybe,I'm just cut off from "happy simplicity" Maybe not.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 9:42 pm

Hello. Is there a question here?

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 3:20 pm

Whileperhaps i skittled thru it I thought it was, kind of, clear bthat I was wondering if my " verbal/reading " normality matters - And , I am seeentially alone , family-wiseish - And , since I'm from before the era when people were routinely Aspie/whatever-diagnosed...You know Do you?

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:32 pm

I'm feeling dense here. Are you asking if someone who has good verbal and reading skills can still have asperger's? The answer is Of Course. If you go to aspies for freedom they have several self tests to help you self-diagnose. I took two of them for a lark. One had the result that I was close, but not really. The other said I most likely had asperger's.

HankPym
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2007, 4:50 pm

Imean,as far as the "tics" described as Aspie-ish,I tend to demonstrate 'em evenifless. I get asked "did you take your medication"?
So , hey - Official Aspie-ness makes me a "ret*d",in the schoolyard taunts sense,officially.
At least on one level???

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 7:35 pm

What level?