White ppl: stop saying everything is gonna be OK

Page 1 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 5:38 pm

This is a sentiment that seems to be shared by many people of color:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/dear-white- ... ill-be-ok/

There has been a rise in hate crimes after Trump's election, which seemed to embolden racists:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ection-day

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrul ... .veW3bbv11

I went to a Japanese church over the weekend, and a lot of people of color, including the Japanese pastor, expressed concern and fear over the election results. When I'm out and about town here in Sacramento, I've overheard conversations from many people of color showing apprehension.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:11 pm

You'll survive it.
It's not like he's really going to start WW3 or send people off to camps to be gassed or whatever else the fear is at the time.

HisShadowX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2016, 6:34 pm

All I see is hate crime hoaxes and liberals rioting in there own areas lol

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:36 pm

beneficii wrote:

There has been a rise in hate crimes after Trump's election, which seemed to embolden racists:

I went to a Japanese church over the weekend, and a lot of people of color, including the Japanese pastor, expressed concern and fear over the election results. When I'm out and about town here in Sacramento, I've overheard conversations from many people of color showing apprehension.

Keep in mind, in 1960 the USA was around 85-90% Caucasian. About 10% of the US population were descended from Africans brought here as slaves or indentured servants. (After the outlawing of slavery in the UK in 1744, some freed slaves opted to come to America as indentured servants-which to be fair a lot of ethnic English and Scottish people did too.) The rest of the population were some indigenous peoples and a grab bag of a few others, mainly Jews. So, you had a country which generally descended from what I call the Britannia Islands, meaning England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland; and from Germanic roots, with maybe some Latins (meaning peoples from the former Roman Empire, as differentiated from "Latinos") and a few Slavics tossed in. Most people an American encountered in daily life generally looked and acted and talked like he did. (I am leaving out places with large numbers of nonwhites such as San Francisco and Memphis for the sake of argument; those places were exceptions to the rule.) An American could call a helpline and the person on the other end spoke in the same way as the caller. Most consumer goods were made in America; instruction manuals were written in easy to understand American English-solely.

50 years of immigration reform and free trade have resulted in an America where the average white person must navigate a world of people who are very different from himself, and in unexpected, highly variable ways. Consumer goods are made in China and the English is a poorly rendered version written by a Chinese person who learned the language from a textbook. Call a consumer assistance line, the person answering is in India and is simply impossible to understand, AND is simply following a script. The person just rattles off the script without regard to the caller's actual issue. Going to the grocery store is a nightmare of a zillion different ethnicities who all speak different languages and who are all dressed differently. High schools show "diversity pride" by hanging 90 different nation flags in their cafeterias, for all the countries their student body hails from. And even worse, whites are called "racist" for freaking out over having "diversity" rammed down their throats everywhere they go. Only whites must embrace "diversity" while nonwhites are exempt.

And then the elites, safe in walled compounds patrolled by AK-47 wielding guards who are well paid and well fed, wonder how the peasants could vote for Trump. The elites don't have to deal with endless "diversity" in their lives; they are in a bubble made of money. I feel bad for immigrants who were lied to about America being a land of milk and honey rivers and streets paved with gold.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:46 pm

pezar wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Keep in mind, in 1960 the USA was around 85-90% Caucasian. About 10% of the US population were descended from Africans brought here as slaves or indentured servants. (After the outlawing of slavery in the UK in 1744, some freed slaves opted to come to America as indentured servants-which to be fair a lot of ethnic English and Scottish people did too.) The rest of the population were some indigenous peoples and a grab bag of a few others, mainly Jews. So, you had a country which generally descended from what I call the Britannia Islands, meaning England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland; and from Germanic roots, with maybe some Latins (meaning peoples from the former Roman Empire, as differentiated from "Latinos") and a few Slavics tossed in. Most people an American encountered in daily life generally looked and acted and talked like he did. (I am leaving out places with large numbers of nonwhites such as San Francisco and Memphis for the sake of argument; those places were exceptions to the rule.) An American could call a helpline and the person on the other end spoke in the same way as the caller. Most consumer goods were made in America; instruction manuals were written in easy to understand American English-solely.

50 years of immigration reform and free trade have resulted in an America where the average white person must navigate a world of people who are very different from himself, and in unexpected, highly variable ways. Consumer goods are made in China and the English is a poorly rendered version written by a Chinese person who learned the language from a textbook. Call a consumer assistance line, the person answering is in India and is simply impossible to understand, AND is simply following a script. The person just rattles off the script without regard to the caller's actual issue. Going to the grocery store is a nightmare of a zillion different ethnicities who all speak different languages and who are all dressed differently. High schools show "diversity pride" by hanging 90 different nation flags in their cafeterias, for all the countries their student body hails from. And even worse, whites are called "racist" for freaking out over having "diversity" rammed down their throats everywhere they go. Only whites must embrace "diversity" while nonwhites are exempt.

And then the elites, safe in walled compounds patrolled by AK-47 wielding guards who are well paid and well fed, wonder how the peasants could vote for Trump. The elites don't have to deal with endless "diversity" in their lives; they are in a bubble made of money. I feel bad for immigrants who were lied to about America being a land of milk and honey rivers and streets paved with gold.

So how would you propose solving this so-called "diversity" problem? Nearly 40% of the country is people of color per latest census estimates. What would you have done with them?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 6:58 pm

You are being fed deliberate, engineered, Goebbels-level propaganda developed by expert psychologists that is specifically designed to make you afraid so you will be easy to manipulate.

And you are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

There Are Four Lights!

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm

The "Make America White Again" ship sank a long time ago. Mainly, I'd like to see freedom of association restored. Ever since the 70s there's been a concerted effort to force all these different races/ethnicities to live together in the hope that they will eventually come around to loving each other, an idea rooted in the "brotherhood of man" idea of the Gilded Age. It can work on a small scale-sometimes. But generally, birds of a feather fly together. If some whites want to live in cabins in the middle of the Rockies and call it "New Europe", so what, why argue? If blacks would rather live among other blacks, fine. And so on. Late in his second term, Obama was pushing for yet another forced integration scheme, yet another idea to force the brotherhood of man via government fiat. It generally hasn't worked, except in a handful of isolated instances, such as Sacramento's North Natomas district, and there the residents generally are affluent and thus share some similarities of outlook. Forcing affluent whites and ghetto blacks to live together simply won't work.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 10:22 pm

Shoot me a PM, beneficii. I may be able to help you out with a few things.

Raptor wrote:
You'll survive it.
It's not like he's really going to start WW3 or send people off to camps to be gassed or whatever else the fear is at the time.

Oh no no, it's totally ok. Inciting hatred is a perfectly normal thing for a presidential campaign to do, right? That's exactly the example America wants to set for the world, isn't it? :roll:

Darmok wrote:
You are being fed deliberate, engineered, Goebbels-level propaganda developed by expert psychologists that is specifically designed to make you afraid so you will be easy to manipulate.

You (presumably) voted for a con man, and now you're going into tinfoil-hat territory.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2016, 11:35 pm

beneficii wrote:
So how would you propose solving this so-called "diversity" problem? Nearly 40% of the country is people of color per latest census estimates. What would you have done with them?

"Whites (including Hispanics who identify as white) constitute the majority, with a total of about 246,660,710, or 77.35% of the population as of 2014".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans

Whites are a growing group unless they change the census forms.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 1:12 am

Raptor wrote:
You'll survive it.

About that; here is another Cracked link...
http://www.cracked.com/blog/think-trump-cant-become-hitler-watch-these-4-signs/
Maybe he won't be another Hitler, it's hard to say, but there is some scary signs.

Darmok wrote:

The conservatives medias are more like Goebbels propaganda with the use of scapegoats and the denying of everything that don't fall in their definition of "true".

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 1:16 am

Tollorin wrote:
The conservatives medias are more like Goebbels propaganda with the use of scapegoats and the denying of everything that don't fall in their definition of "true".

It definitely gets butts in the seat for their advertisers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 2:24 am

I am reminded of a quote by the late Kate Hepburn- "men and women are not so well suited for each other, maybe it would be better if they lived apart and dropped in now and then." I think most humans are not well-suited for one another, things would be more harmonious if there was greater separation between people outside of homogenous self-contained communities. let the various groups shun one another. but there should also be places where different kinds of people can mix and match, the cities of the world are de facto examples of that. America is trying to arrange itself like that, such sorting has been going on a good while now but it is still very imperfect.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 2:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
I am reminded of a quote by the late Kate Hepburn- "men and women are not so well suited for each other, maybe it would be better if they lived apart and dropped in now and then." I think most humans are not well-suited for one another, things would be more harmonious if there was greater separation between people outside of homogenous self-contained communities. let the various groups shun one another. but there should also be places where different kinds of people can mix and match, the cities of the world are de facto examples of that. America is trying to arrange itself like that, such sorting has been going on a good while now but it is still very imperfect.

Honestly, there are plenty of places in the world where a more cosmopolitan attitude works just fine. Prejudice is a cultural problem, not a universal one.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 2:34 am

AJisHere wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Honestly, there are plenty of places in the world where a more cosmopolitan attitude works just fine. Prejudice is a cultural problem, not a universal one.

yes, some countries' peoples are more evolved than others, I think we're a backwards nation in many ways. the cities tend to be friendlier places for the outliers than rural areas where the fear of the other tends to be strong.

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 2:52 am

Some of us don't want a civil war or revolution to erupt. We can beat it into the heads of racists all day long that they are racists but it isn't going to solve anything. It's highly unlikely that they will change just because someone called them out on it.

I actually think that everything will be fine despite Trump. I leave it to those more powerful than I to keep him in check and I have hope. What we are seeing now with the rioting is not helpful. I don't want a revolution. I just want to go about my business as usual.

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2016, 3:31 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:
Some of us don't want a civil war or revolution to erupt. We can beat it into the heads of racists all day long that they are racists but it isn't going to solve anything. It's highly unlikely that they will change just because someone called them out on it.

I actually think that everything will be fine despite Trump. I leave it to those more powerful than I to keep him in check and I have hope. What we are seeing now with the rioting is not helpful. I don't want a revolution. I just want to go about my business as usual.

Nobody really wants those things. They're nasty business. However, they are sometimes needed. What will you do if business as usual ceases to be an option?

You're right though that racists won't change because we call them racists. They will only change if either they are educated as to why their views are not reasonable. Many are not open to learning this, and there needs to be some sort of paradigm shift for that to happen.