Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2016, 8:56 pm

Who here runs daily? I try to do so.

When I was on the cross country team in high school, I found running helped regulate me... and I always felt the worst when I did not run.

I have begun running daily.. and done so the past two days. Feels really great!

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2016, 1:43 pm

I run every six days, with a rest day after my most strenuous one which includes some other exercises. I don't really think about it anymore, running has become happily absorbed into my routines and agreed - it feels great. :) It additionally has always been my strongest belief that running is the greatest natural antidepressant out there.
Nonetheless I don't run very far at all - just 1.2 km each time. Personally I've always favoured intensity over distance.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Dec 2016, 6:20 pm

crystaltermination wrote:
I run every six days, with a rest day after my most strenuous one which includes some other exercises. I don't really think about it anymore, running has become happily absorbed into my routines and agreed - it feels great. :) It additionally has always been my strongest belief that running is the greatest natural antidepressant out there.
Nonetheless I don't run very far at all - just 1.2 km each time. Personally I've always favoured intensity over distance.

Really great to hear. Running does wonders for both the mind and body.

It might sound unbelievable to people on here, but in high school I was a great runner: (track/cc). A local college even almost drafted me to run for their team lol.

Instead when I went to college, I pretty much gave up serious running. I got fatter, stupider, and had a harder time functioning than I believe I would have had I been running.

I honestly recommend it. Running is one hell of a drug!! :P

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/exerc ... ercise.htm

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2016, 12:15 am

I jog twice a week on average in addition to a decent workout schedule, I'd like to incorporate four times into my routine but I have a hard time going outside due to agoraphobia, I need to prepare and recharge just to go out for some food or to go for a picturesque ramble and jogging is even more demanding. I had a period of two years where I was alright mentally and had some kind of temporary normality of function and I'd run five days a week at the crack of dawn down in the forest but I couldn't sleep at all back then and most days was looking to get hired by someone with no luck so decided to just go jogging or biking constantly and explore and nap when I could.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Dec 2016, 9:59 am

I like to run 3 or 4 times a week. I used to run ultra marathons up to 89 km and hope to get back into it; not as fit as I'd like and also, running shoes are expensive! Did an official beach run 2 weeks ago - barefoot as it was all sand - a few of the other competitors ran barefoot as well.

I prefer to run in the early morning. It's summer here now so that's not too difficult.

It's relaxing and therapeutic to run and I've had many great experiences with marathons and ultras - they help to train the mind.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Dec 2016, 2:01 pm

Ok, quick update.

I have been running daily for the past 15 days (usually 30 mins a day with a few days of rest.) Man do I feel great!

My depression is practically eliminated, and my executive functioning, planning, and even efficiency is through the roof.

Now that I run more, it seems everything bad I have (concomitant with asperrers) is far reduced.

One of the main reasons I feel I had such problems in high school was I never seriously trained in the offseason.

I am no back in the saddle and feel fantastic!! :D :D

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Dec 2016, 2:14 pm

I'm thrilled to hear it's benefiting you so well! I sometimes get lazy, but always feel better when I have been for a run.

Keep it up!

my blog:

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2016, 12:48 am

Seriously. It has benefitted me socially as well.

I don't really get stuck in wierd patterns of social thinking anymore, and I feel myself "open up" a bit more as well.

To sort of make up for "lost time" I am planning to run every day for a year. Basically run for 365 days. 16 days down and 349 to go.

My biggest regret in life is not going to a college where I was actually recruited to run. My milquetoast father and disinterested mother never particularly sold it to me or tried to convince me to do it. Then again, I guess it was my own fault for not caring enough, or even trying to get in enough shape

Whatevs. Im making up for lost time now. It is tough, running is, but I would encourage all of you to try your hand at it!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Dec 2016, 10:56 am

You don't necessarily have to run every day but I admire your commitment.

Running is fun, but running shoes are so expensive! Mine seriously need replacing: after giving me such good service they deserve an honourable retirement!

my blog:

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2016, 6:52 pm

Haha.. Im not going to run every day for the next year.

I am however going to run 365 days over the course of a next period of time.

Whenever the cc season would be over.. I would just sort of not run. I feel the large rush of dopamine..and its absence combined with autism....made it kind of tough for me.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 7:03 pm

Incidentally, I'd love to take the running hobby to a more serious scale one day: training for a marathon, or half-marathon... or a fun run - baby steps! Over the past six months I am proud to have built up my endurance and stamina so well, and I think a charity run or something of this ilk would be a good way to seal this self-improvement in my head. Never have attended, let alone participated in such a public event however, so would have no idea what to expect.

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2016, 9:15 pm

^ You could expect a lot of running...a great workout though. I would do it if i were you!

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2016, 9:31 pm

Aspertastic424 wrote:
^ You could expect a lot of running...a great workout though. I would do it if i were you!

I might have to, I'm trying to agree to more things of late, otherwise I just hide away all the time. :) I was recently introduced to a reading group for people with autism, one of the lads mentioned doing a charity run for autism which sounded ideal. Will have to do some searches for things in my area.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Dec 2016, 2:46 am

I think you will enjoy it. Generally runners of all levels are pretty nice people and I belong to a running club even through I don't really socialize a lot or attend their social events.

my blog:

Aspertastic424
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Dec 2016, 1:29 pm

^ You should. They'd probably love to have you, and you might have fun.