Do you know that the God of the Bible doesn't exist?

Page 9 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Do you know that the God of the Bible doesn't exist?
Yes 47%  47%  [ 47 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 52 ]
Total votes : 99

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 12:52 am

Yeah, could do for a start.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2007, 1:05 am

Why are you so against Christianity, which Western society was based on?

Sounds like a lot of you would like to kill Christians, like in the days of early Rome. But that's OK, because in the words of some Roman guy I can't remember, "The Blood of the Martyrs is the Seed of the Christian Church." So you'll just replant it.

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2007, 1:06 am

I do admit there are a lot of uneducated and ignorant "Christians," however. But I'm one, and I don't consider myself to be.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 3:44 am

Hey, we're not against Christianity or Christians as such, we are against the eternal belief that they (Raggy in particular) are always right, and we as unbelievers are wrong. If he wants to believe his way, fine; doesn't mean he has to make the rest of us out to be 'cutting off his nose to spite his face' just because we don't like his preaching at us. Afterall, isn't this thread about the God of the bible not existing, and we are merely trying to argue this point? If Christians feel insecure about themselves and their beliefs, it's got nothing to do with what us unbelievers are saying.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 3:45 am

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Hey, we're not against Christianity or Christians as such, we are against the eternal belief that they (Raggy in particular) are always right, and we as unbelievers are wrong. If he wants to believe his way, fine; doesn't mean he has to make the rest of us out to be 'cutting off his nose to spite his face' just because we don't like his preaching at us. Afterall, isn't this thread about the God of the bible not existing, and we are merely trying to argue this point? If Christians feel insecure about themselves and their beliefs, it's got nothing to do with what us unbelievers are saying.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 4:15 am

He will argue that is his duty to come here and preach to all of us, and we should listen, he doesn't seem to know that never works.

unsolicited preaching <-- the term sounds familiar. :wink:

As long as things are said in a proper way and carefully and in the right place, I don't see much of a problem.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 5:22 am

If he starts passing around the plate and expecting us to tithe, I'm out of here... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2007, 8:20 am

I'm not trying to preach to any of you. I apologize if I offended you. You have every right to choose what religion and/or lack of religion you want and I respect that. I just have a persecution complex and sometimes go into berserk mode.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:02 am

jfrmeister wrote:
When are Cristians going to give up on the futile attempt to prove, with empirical evidence, that Jehova exists??

When you stop double-posting.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 9:02 am

jfrmeister wrote:
When are Cristians going to give up on the futile attempt to prove, with empirical evidence, that Jehova exists??

jfrmeister
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2007, 10:10 am

Ragtime wrote:
jfrmeister wrote:

O.K. I quit double-posting, are you goint to quit trying to prove your god exists??

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2007, 7:21 pm

Touche, Ragtime. He's got you there....

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 5:33 pm

God will exist whether you choose to believe in Him or not. Things absolute will remain true regardless of whether anyone thinks "yea" or "nay", even if all people who believed in God turned away from Him, He and His standards will remain true. Even when the universe and time are no more, God and His Word will remain.

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 6:21 pm

But you can also look at it this way; humans are the only ones on the planet who reason, and put together constructive thoughts and beliefs. Animals act on instincts, mainly for survival. So therefore, God exists in the minds of the believers, and without man and his beliefs, there would be no god, because animals don't have the ability to think like we do. So saying God will exist long after we've departed is a sort of rhetorical statement, because once man disappears, God also disappears.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 6:49 pm

The_Chosen_One wrote:
But you can also look at it this way; humans are the only ones on the planet who reason, and put together constructive thoughts and beliefs. Animals act on instincts, mainly for survival. So therefore, God exists in the minds of the believers, and without man and his beliefs, there would be no god, because animals don't have the ability to think like we do. So saying God will exist long after we've departed is a sort of rhetorical statement, because once man disappears, God also disappears.

My birds show ability to reason and I have noticed they do have a language of a sort, even if an in-house one among themselves. It isn't a sophisticated as Egyptian, but then again, neither is English at least in my opinion. I believe these parakeets and cockatiels know God, but mainly from the book of nature which has been corrupted by sin. The ones that can speak among themselves may be able to pass down information, but not as well as written records.

How can you not understand that the Creator of the universe, except for His Son Jesus who is God in human flesh, exists apart from His Creation?

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2007, 7:02 pm

But so-called talking birds (parrots, minahs budgerigahs, parakeets etc) are only mimicking speech that they hear. If you talk to or around a bird long enough, they will repeat what is being said, and may even build up a vocabulary. It doesn't mean that they have independent thought and reason in the way we do. If they were in the wild, for example, with no human contact, they would just be chirping in no distinct language about anything and everything. So saying your birds know of god isn't exactly true, because they don't think like us.