Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Gail_And_Anja-SD_Team
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2004, 4:30 am

:D

...hi there!

...my name is gail,and the fourfooted one beside me is anja,my german shepherd service dog. 'lurking' behind me is my 13 year old son,aric,who shares with me the DX of aspergers. he is being homeschooled,and loves to play video games like donkey kong,draw,write original stories,and tell stories....
me,well i do my best to homeschool aric,raise our other kids,and run online groups for folks who are disabled and train their own service dogs. one of the groups is to help folks train dogs to help them cope with being on the spectrum of autism....service dogs can be fantasticly helpful with coping and controlling symptions of autism,and i can't imagine going anywhere with out one now....aric and i share anja-she helps me with my balance and with my other disabilities,and with aric with coping with SD by being his Emotional Support Dog.

i am hoping that soon aric will join me in posting here-at the moment he prefers to have me tell him what a great place you have here!

LadyBug
Toucan
Toucan

24 Jul 2004, 9:04 am

:)

Ramoth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2004, 6:41 pm

Hello Gail,

Are you the one that posted the info for this site on the DePorres site? The forum set-up seemed as if it might work better for me than the listserv so I followed the link that you posted. I'mv very glad that I did. Most of the people out here seem to be teens and younger, but I don't think age matters much. We all understand how painful living with aspergers can be. Out here we can appreciate and celebrate one another. Maybe you'll be able to set it up so I can continue posting on the DePorres site like this.

Debbie and Millie (Service Dog)