Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Penandinkmarie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2020, 6:14 am

Does anyone else get almost catatonic after a meltdown? I feel like my body shuts down and I just stare off into space, crying and can’t move or talk or do anything for a while.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2020, 12:01 am

yup.
or directly frozen (like a very mild shutdown).
has led to loads of problems almost every time.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2020, 12:08 am

Saps me of energy.

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2020, 1:42 am

Sure do, I get so mad sometimes I cannot talk and then I feel so tired after a bad meltdown. At times, I feel like such fool and ashamed of myself, but.. if some idiot(sometimes) hadn't started something, played mind games, or kept changing things, it would not of happend. I got on a mood stabilizer a couple years ago, after an epic freak out at work.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 8:02 am

I used to get frequent meltdowns when I was young and even up into my late twenties, less so in my thirties and later. After them I lose the ability to speak, think, move, everything.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:58 am

I usually get very intense meltdowns, but a couple of times when I was working in the past, I got upset on the job, and tried to suppress the meltdown and I shutdown instead... I didn't know what was happening to me at the time, I lost the ability to speak... It was awful... People were asking me what was happening and I couldn't respond...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

King Kat 1
Toucan
Toucan

25 Aug 2020, 12:26 pm

I start shaking and that's when I know to remove myself from the situation.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 1:47 pm

Angnix wrote:
I usually get very intense meltdowns, but a couple of times when I was working in the past, I got upset on the job, and tried to suppress the meltdown and I shutdown instead... I didn't know what was happening to me at the time, I lost the ability to speak... It was awful... People were asking me what was happening and I couldn't respond...

Gosh that sucks that it happened on work... I have that happen regularly to me.. But i call them mild shutdowns as they weren't initially coming as that but flipped into it as u said from not being able to have the meltdown n maybe exhaustion too from that
The horrible shutdowns i wdnt wish on anyonw.. Well horrible meltdowns too

Calling the normal ones mild makes it seem less embarrassing to me..
As another user Edna stated on another thread there seem to be hormone induced ones too
I can talk only at times but i sound drunk (slurred n very short words n mess up the grammar)