College scholarships and grants for aspiring teachers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

DiscoSoup
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2020, 3:17 pm

I'm on the autism spectrum, and also bipolar and have ADHD. I'm currently working as a para for special needs kids. This is not paying the bills and I need to support my family.

I'd like to use Study.com and a university with a mainly online component to go back to school while I work. Since I'm a para and they just slashed me down to 20 hours a week (that's an indefinite sub job, too), I've got very little money.

I really want to make a difference in kids' lives, and make enough to pay my way for my family. I'm looking for scholarships for autistic people, financial assistance and so on. While I'm busy looking at other websites, I thought that perhaps some of you might have more information or leads on good places to look.

Since getting a teaching certificate also involves 3 months of unpaid teaching assistance, I'm looking for a place to get a cost of living grant.

Thank you.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2020, 3:41 pm

sounds like a noble and worthwhile endeavour.

I think sometimes that the only way the way people get treated is going to change, is by having people with the ailments get involved at a higher level, such as a level where you have input into what happens, and some influence on how the world changes.

Awesome that your going for such a caring area of work.
Very kind of you.