Page 8 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Feb 2024, 8:27 pm

I was made fun of all of the time in school for things like having younger interests and people perceiving me as queer.

I feel like the phenomenon has dropped off in my adulthood, but I did have a time at my retail job a decade ago (I was in my mid 20s, so adult) where an adult coworker perceived me as queer and called me slurs.

But as an adult, I feel like the way that people typically "bully" me is more just leaving me out of everything.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2024, 11:52 am

Harmonie wrote:
I was made fun of all of the time in school for things like having younger interests and people perceiving me as queer.

I feel like the phenomenon has dropped off in my adulthood, but I did have a time at my retail job a decade ago (I was in my mid 20s, so adult) where an adult coworker perceived me as queer and called me slurs.

But as an adult, I feel like the way that people typically "bully" me is more than just leaving me out of everything.

Adult bullying is typically more passive-aggressive and probably toxic.

For instance, these people tend to nag and be very critical through nagging and condescending. Then I notice that you have people who bully through judging and laughing at other people.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2024, 10:32 am

I see a few new threads and posts about bullying lately, and I can confirm that they are definitely still harassing us.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2024, 10:43 am

I have been dealing with some colleagues at work who are definitely bullies. For instance, my supervisor and a former supervisor openly mocked me. This was when I attempted to say hi to them.

__Elijahahahaho
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Mar 2024, 1:39 pm

In childhood I was bullied for being effeminate, smart, and having a quirky laugh.
I was also excluded from events and manipulated by my brother and family to suit their convenience.
I was occasionally tricked and had my lunch stolen. Physical abuse only happened twice thankfully from a teacher (we went to the police) and a student.

In adulthood people have been ok, up until they started getting economically stressed out, now they are more nasty
I most recently have dealt with:
- exclusion from social events and "in group information"
- infantilization from manager
- "managing out" of various things like sharehouses or jobs.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2024, 2:55 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I have been dealing with some colleagues at work who are definitely bullies. For instance, my supervisor and a former supervisor openly mocked me. This was when I attempted to say hi to them.

I am sorry that happened to you Summer_Twilight. Seems rather petty.