I think I'm getting tired of video games...

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 1:25 am

I have felt this way since 08. I might play some games here and there but mostly stick to Sim City and Civilization. There are some Dos games I dig into, but I really don't play new stuff as much. I might try Hotline Miami, but that is about it. Now building my own games, yep.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2023, 2:07 am

I love video games and all things associated with them (like their music for example) but I realize that playing video games is NOT going to get me ahead in life!

Which is why I must de-emphasize video games to make my goals of marriage and career a top priority

Video games are fun but they just serve as a distraction to keep you in the cycle of procrastination

Unless you play a video game that can possibly lead you to one of your goals

(Little Big Planet and Nintendo Labo could help you become a game developer, which is their purpose)

Maybe once my goals are achieved I will return my focus to playing video games

Then again if I was to get married (and ESPECIALLY have children) I would no longer have the time and energy to continue playing most video games so there's that to take into consideration...

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2023, 7:38 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
I love video games and all things associated with them (like their music for example) but I realize that playing video games is NOT going to get me ahead in life!

Which is why I must de-emphasize video games to make my goals of marriage and career a top priority

Video games are fun but they just serve as a distraction to keep you in the cycle of procrastination

Unless you play a video game that can possibly lead you to one of your goals

(Little Big Planet and Nintendo Labo could help you become a game developer, which is their purpose)

Maybe once my goals are achieved I will return my focus to playing video games

Then again if I was to get married (and ESPECIALLY have children) I would no longer have the time and energy to continue playing most video games so there's that to take into consideration...

Video games are essentially a time burner, but they serve to essentially, provide your brain a mental exercise which is the same for sports, but other than that and its simulative qualities, it's pointless, but all passions are as well.