21 Jun 2023, 1:04 pm

Another problem, which I will let Kevin Bloody Wilson describe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5okpqdGAE

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 12:09 pm

I'm really not ready to join this club. :cry:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 12:42 pm

Me neither.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2023, 3:44 am

I'm at the end of this club.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 6:52 pm

Grew wiser due to ever increasing life experience. 41 now. Healthier outlook on the realities of life w/o nearly as much stress about any of them, really.

David1346
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2023, 7:38 pm

I developed prostate issues just before the Covid pandemic. An enlarged prostrate meant I couldn't relieve myself. When my bladder was filled to bursting, I went to the emergency room. They stuck a catheter up my privates to allow urine to drain into a plastic bag.

Although I could have been surgically treated within 2-3 months, I wound up having a wear a catheter bag for almost 9 months. Every time my urologist tried to schedule surgery, the surgery was cancelled because the ICU needed beds for Covid patients.

It's not easy living with a catheter tube stuck up your privates. Any sharp movement was painful. I wound up having to go to the emergency room three times after bleeding into the tube formed blood clots that kept the urine from draining.

Just over one year after the first catheter had been inserted, I underwent surgery. I was hospitalized for three days of observation. After another week of bedrest at home, I was cleared to return to work.

I could have avoided this situation if I had just seen my doctor once a year for a prostate exam. I suffered for 9 months because I hadn't wanted anyone to touch my privates.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2023, 9:58 pm

The biggest headline is that nothing changes much. Age may bring some wisdom but we are ultimately who we are. Just hopefully appreciative of the time we have had and what future we hold.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2024, 11:43 pm

IBS
Nerve damage
Bowel incontinence
Diabetes
Arthritis
Brain farts

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2024, 12:07 am

I've had ME/CFS (chronic fatigue) most of my adult life, so my health before and after 40 has been pretty much the same, although the fatigue does get gradually a bit worse over time. Other than that, knock on wood, my health has been pretty good. Well, my mental health is not very good, but again that's not age related.

AnnaTheSquirrel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Feb 2024, 6:55 am

I tumbled into a post-viral CFS at age 35 and I managed to identify one factor a year for the next few years. By age 42 I was no longer bed-ridden and got to live again. So there's that.

Live is different now. Pace myself. Deal with the constant disappointment to have to take it easy. To narrow my list of things that bring contentment.

Good things: I can detect the causes for ugly things I feel and can remedy them or at least acknowledge that they're not me. The same with hormones with women, you KNOW it's not you that causes your mood/feelings. I find solace at that but maybe someone else does not.

Also! turned 40, stopped instantly caring what other people think of me. How I look. If I lie on the ground in a public place because me blood pressure dropped. I don't care one bit. Lovely freedom.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2024, 8:21 am

Reading some of these comments as a person approaching 40 doesn't make for comfortable reading. :lol:

Iris.Ell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2024, 6:25 pm

STD's. . I skipped the Hiv thank god.
Gynecological Surgeries
breast cancer surgery.
endometriosis
Thyroid problems.
broken and dislocated arms, legs, neck.
concussions.
anemia and iron deficiency.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2024, 9:28 pm

No big changes for me in my 40s. My first aged related health issue came at 54 years old. Arthritis in my back.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2024, 1:33 am

After 40...hmmm.... CFS , bedridden , surgeries , survival . Extra , Extra experience ...not all welcomed at all .
Friends gotten old , few more years on.. they start to die off, and if you lose both of them.. its a rough road ahead..
Trying to keep my witts as time wrnt on. , and not reacting to okd PTSd stuff .. Lots of time with head shrinkers as years went on . Till you stop believing in them ..and come round full circle to meet with your own responsible self . As best as you could be .?? :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2024, 6:51 pm

https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/ss/ ... 4xjDJoA%3d

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2024, 2:08 pm

Honey69 wrote:
https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/ss/slideshow-sudden-problems-after-50?ecd=wnl_spr_030524&ctr=wnl-spr-030524_lead_cta&mb=UQQqQ%40yUBwUBF%40bl3I5%404OHnVev1imbCHgCT4xjDJoA%3d

Thank you the article makes good points..about keeping more fit ,as you become more ancient ... :D

where ever you go ,there you are