Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WPTaylor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2023, 11:13 am

There was one job in the entire country for me, so I have no other options, and as such I was very happy about it. The company has a very laid back atmosphere, so I felt I got the signal that I could be myself. I'm in a sort of internship due to my aspergers. But now I found out my employer told the employment agency that I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.

It's like I just can't deal with humanity. This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.

I wish there was no humanity. I get nothing out if it. It has no positives. No relationships. It's just stress and no upsides.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 3:10 pm

Sadly for you, there are no one but humans on this board.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 3:19 pm

Seems a bit harsh, even if you're currently dealing with some serious disappointment.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 6:25 pm

WPTaylor wrote:
. . . I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.

It's like I just can't deal with humanity.  This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.

I wish there was no humanity.  I get nothing out if it.  It has no positives.  No relationships.  It's just stress and no upsides.
Is there anything YOU could do to improve YOUR social skills?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2023, 6:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
WPTaylor wrote:

It's like I just can't deal with humanity.  This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.

I wish there was no humanity.  I get nothing out if it.  It has no positives.  No relationships.  It's just stress and no upsides.

They have autism. Stop telling them the onus is on them to improve their social skills.

Besides, there is a larger thread here about the big picture of the world. I had an epiphany about humanity a few minutes ago. Bunch of savages, the lot of them.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 6:56 pm

WPTaylor wrote:
I wish there was no humanity. I get nothing out if it. It has no positives. No relationships. It's just stress and no upsides.

So what are you doing on social media? (this forum, for instance). Talking to yourself? Who would you have to complain to if it was just you on the planet?

Your social skills can be improved and your mistakes at work will lessen over time as you become more familiar with the tasks you need to perform.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 7:00 pm

WPTaylor wrote:
There was one job in the entire country for me, so I have no other options, and as such I was very happy about it. The company has a very laid back atmosphere, so I felt I got the signal that I could be myself. I'm in a sort of internship due to my aspergers. But now I found out my employer told the employment agency that I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.

It's like I just can't deal with humanity. This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.

One job? Why so specific? Anybody that's tied that closely to just one option is going to be in a really tough spot.

There's not a massive number of jobs for us out there, but I'm a bit skeptical that it's just one and that none of the other jobs out there would work without you changing who you are completely. Even released felons have more opportunities here than 1 job.

I personally, never thought that I'd enjoy working in a grocery store so much. It's beginning to become a bit of a problem because I need to move on in the near future, and they'd rather I didn't and I'm comfortable enough to not be super excited to move on. Plus, so many of the folks are also quirky AF, and I regularly see people doing things that I like doing, even though most of them just have traits.

Which doesn't necessarily make things easier, but please consider looking at other possibilities if this one didn't pan out.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 11:44 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
WPTaylor wrote:
. . . I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.  It's like I just can't deal with humanity.  This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.  I wish there was no humanity.  I get nothing out if it.  It has no positives.  No relationships.  It's just stress and no upsides.
They have autism.  Stop telling them the onus is on them to improve their social skills.
Who else then?  The onus to change is not on "The World".
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Besides, there is a larger thread here about the big picture of the world. I had an epiphany about humanity a few minutes ago. Bunch of savages, the lot of them.
It is easy to assign blame.  It is much more difficult to apply a valid solution -- but solutions exist, if people are able and willing to put forth the effort.

If the people are not interested in improving themselves, or if it really is impossible for them, then there is The Haven for them to air their grievances.  If the people cannot or will not make the effort to improve their social skills, then why should complaining about "The World" improve their situations, anyway?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 6:35 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
WPTaylor wrote:

They have autism. Stop telling them the onus is on them to improve their social skills.

He wishes there was no you.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 7:02 am

"Life's a biatch and then you die..." as they say.
Just make the best of it. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 7:24 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:

Without a doubt. 8)

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 10:05 am

Quote:
It is easy to assign blame. It is much more difficult to apply a valid solution -- but solutions exist, if people are able and willing to put forth the effort.

Truth is, Fnord is right about this with his theme. I actually agree with him but not for the reasons he thinks. Valid solutions indeed do exist.

But...

Fnord's solution(s) is but one of them. There are others outside. The thing is though is you are going to have to pay a heavy price. What are you willing to sacrifice to get what you want?

Right now, I am working in China. I have to give up a routine that I was extremely comfortable in. I had to be pragmatic and learn to just conform just enough.

And, I had to give up certain freedoms including freedom of speech and certain conveniences for me to be employed somewhere. But, I do have a plan with my SO to get to a point in which we can come back years from now.

Sometimes you have traverse the inferno to reach paradise just like Dante.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 7:22 pm

On the one hand, if people cannot improve their lot, then maybe they would be better off to silently accept it.

On the other hand, if they CAN improve their lot, then maybe they could find a way to make it happen.

On the gripping hand, some people just like to complain, no matter what.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 7:49 pm

Fnord wrote:
On the one hand, if people cannot improve their lot, then maybe they would be better off to silently accept it.

On the other hand, if they CAN improve their lot, then maybe they could find a way to make it happen.

On the gripping hand, some people just like to complain, no matter what.

Stop putting the onus on yourself to improve your quality of life! :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 1:00 am

DanielW wrote:
Fnord wrote:
On the one hand, if people cannot improve their lot, then maybe they would be better off to silently accept it.  On the other hand, if they CAN improve their lot, then maybe they could find a way to make it happen.  On the gripping hand, some people just like to complain, no matter what.
Stop putting the onus on yourself to improve your quality of life!
Too late.  Mission accomplished.  My QOL could not get much better, and it certainly could be much, much worse.

:D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 1:04 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:

I'm afraid Fnord is right, The onus is on them.