Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:06 am

https://www.idrlabs.com/borderline-spectrum/test.php

I don't know how many people here have BPD/traits of it, or would even want to do this, but someone in a server I'm in posted this and it was interesting to share results. I'd honestly like to see what results from people w/o BPD/BPD traits look like. lol

My results:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:26 am

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:38 am

^ Holy crap. :lol: I guess you and me are polar opposites when it comes to the "borderline spectrum".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:41 am

I don't have enough relationships in my life for any of them to get out of hand. :twisted:

I don't even want relationships.

Also my Alexithymia is so strong I don't have mood swings.

Everything feels kind of the same grey blur all the time.

I'd almost rather have some of what you're having for excitement, not to make light of it tho.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 9:47 am

Kaioken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Apr 2023, 10:01 am

My results were moderate.

But looking at the graph, I do have some intense elements.

Last edited by Kaioken on 29 Apr 2023, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:03 am

I think Splitting should be higher but I guess I don't form enough relationships to split on lol.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:08 am

Some of the questions were a bit weird. Like are the toxic people you cut out of your life evil? Evil? in what sense? supernatural evil? I'm not sure I've met anyone evil.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:09 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't have enough relationships in my life for any of them to get out of hand. :twisted:

I don't even want relationships.

Also my Alexithymia is so strong I don't have mood swings.

Everything feels kind of the same grey blur all the time.

I'd almost rather have some of what you're having for excitement, not to make light of it tho.

I don't usually have a lot of relationships, but I seem to either somehow f**k up most of the ones I do acquire, or manage to find people who actually have no interest in me besides for how much of a people-pleaser I am and eventually get bored of me/treat me like s**t.

I do want relationships, yet I find it hard to create them w/ people because I am so scared of "not being enough" or scaring them off. That's partly from autism and partly from having severe trauma.

I also feel numb/empty most of the time, but my emotions can switch to anger/anxiety/etc. relatively quick and over relatively minor things. Otherwise I just usually feel nothing (not like "oh, I can't tell what I'm feeling", like just straight nothing lmao).

And like, not every aspect of the BPD traits I have are horrible all of the time, though I would definitely love to be rid of them. Wanna trade? /j

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:16 am

Recidivist wrote:
Some of the questions were a bit weird. Like are the toxic people you cut out of your life evil? Evil? in what sense? supernatural evil? I'm not sure I've met anyone evil.

I took it to mean, do you view the people who have cut you out of their life, or you cut out of your life, as entirely bad and irredeemable. Like an example of the type of black-and-white thinking people with BPD can have, and how we can devalue people who we think have hurt us as a coping mechanism. (Example: Someone with BPD thinking, "This person left me when I was in a vulnerable moment/treated me so badly I had to leave them despite me being vulnerable, so they did not care for me, are bad, and not worth the love and energy I tirelessly I spent on them.")

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:20 am

^ yeah I think it means do you believe them to be evil. It's testing for extreme perspectives.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:22 am

racheypie666 wrote:

I think Splitting should be higher but I guess I don't form enough relationships to split on lol.

I thought splitting would be higher for me too, especially since the "unstable relationships" part was high??? I don't get the scoring for that, but maybe I misunderstand what "splitting" really encompasses. I know I lowkey switch between being infatuated w/ and devaluing people pretty often though...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:23 am

I feel like this shouldn't surprise me. :oops:

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:25 am

Fairfield wrote:
I took it to mean, do you view the people who have cut you out of their life, or you cut out of your life, as entirely bad and irredeemable.

Well in that case, I don't think the 'evil dooer' :jester: is entirely bad and they have redeemable qualities. I do think they are toxic though hence why they have not been a part of my family for years. I answered correctly.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:31 am

Fairfield wrote:
I thought splitting would be higher for me too, especially since the "unstable relationships" part was high??? I don't get the scoring for that, but maybe I misunderstand what "splitting" really encompasses. I know I lowkey switch between being infatuated w/ and devaluing people pretty often though...

Splitting, as I understand it, is cutting off a relationship and all of your feelings about that person, possibly with cause (it might be an over-exaggerated cause due to people with BPD being paranoid and feeling things very deeply), or with no cause at all. It's not something you try to do, necessarily, it's just something that happens.

I guess 'unstable relationships' is more to do with how those relationships are before you 'split', i.e. are they tumultuous, violent, off-again-on-again etc.

I thought I'd rank higher on splitting because it's something that always happens to me. I can really like someone and then suddenly I just don't care anymore and I can't make those feelings come back. I can't even relate to the feelings that I had at the time or the person I was then. My former best friend (parted ways because of different universities, no ill feeling, didn't maintain contact) has invited me out for a catch-up a few times in the past few years, and I just can't for the life of me understand the mindset of wanting to reconnect. We were best friends for all of our teenage years but I just don't feel anything either way any more.

I have her number on a post-it in the back of my phone, actually - she works in the same field as my mum and gave her the post-it to give to me about two weeks ago. I'm just too scared because I think I'm a different person. I genuinely loved her so I don't know why it just instantly went away the second we parted.

Last edited by racheypie666 on 29 Apr 2023, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 10:33 am

Recidivist wrote:
Fairfield wrote:
I took it to mean, do you view the people who have cut you out of their life, or you cut out of your life, as entirely bad and irredeemable.

Well in that case, I don't think the 'evil dooer' :jester: is entirely bad and they have redeemable qualities. I do think they are toxic though hence why they have not been a part of my family for years. I answered correctly.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with recognising that someone is bad news for you and you don't want them around.