Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2023, 1:16 pm

Either from posting in threads or from PMs. I got a PM yesterday and only saw it today.

I looked at my settings and do see an obvious explanation there. Am I the only one?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

29 Apr 2023, 5:09 pm

Nope, not the only one - I'm (I hope) at the end of a couple of days with no update alerts at all.

A couple of old alerts have staggered in - delayed by two days, and I seem to be receiving alerts now for some threads I've posted to within the past four hours or so.
I've seen this pattern before. :x

In the past I found that unsubscribing/resubscribing seemed to kick things into action, but not this time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Apr 2023, 5:59 pm

I've been having this problem with various posts for quite a while now. There appears to be a lot of randomness to it. Perhaps it would help to raise awareness by having a sticky thread that mentions this problem & other current site bugs.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 10:18 am

It's also with emails too, try and reset your password, nothing comes to your email. I finally got my account fixed so I can log back in. I was unable to reset my password so I hadn't been here.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 9:26 am

Mystery solved. For some reason, the Email provider I use for WP started routing everything I get from WP to the SPAM bucket. I happened to take a look there and saw that my "SPAM" is almost entirely stuff from WP. Who knew?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 May 2023, 11:16 am

Excellent. :thumright:

Mine is currently patchy, which I suppose is an improvement on what it was. :roll:

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 6:53 pm

League_Girl wrote:
It's also with emails too, try and reset your password, nothing comes to your email. I finally got my account fixed so I can log back in. I was unable to reset my password so I hadn't been here.

What did you to to get your account fixed?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2024, 1:50 pm

Is it my imagination or does subscribing to a topic work better now than it used to.

In a few topics I'm suddenly seeing months of messages showing up.

But, whatever, thanks!!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Jan 2024, 1:52 pm

It does indeed - a problem was found, and fixed. :cheers:

cattunnel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Feb 2024, 1:02 pm

I had issues with email notifications to my Gmail addresses. I had to create a new account with a mail.com email address because wrong planet appears to be blocked by Gmail.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 Feb 2024, 1:18 pm

It's not blocked, but there was an error in the way WP used Gmail to send mail which resulted in the failure.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:20 pm

My notifications stopped a few days ago too.

I looked at my current email account to try and make sure the notifications weren't being blocked by the spam filter. The advice on their FAQ was to add the address to the contacts list. So I did that but still no notifications.

Then I looked at my WP Account Settings and was surprised to find the email address there was that of a now-defunct account that I used to use a long time ago here. I changed it back to the one it needed to be, but still no notifications. Then I discovered that the Edit Profile page also has an email address, which was the defunct one, so I changed that to the correct one, but on submitting the change, it said "ERROR: This email is already registered, please choose another one."

So I'm rather baffled and don't know what else to try. Don't know if this is related, but a day or two ago I noticed my gender in Account Settings in the had mysteriously switched itself to "female." It wasn't affecting what it said about gender on my posts, but I set it right anyway.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:28 pm

Update: I've now received a couple of notifications. Hope it keeps working.