Toucan
Toucan

30 Apr 2023, 4:29 pm

42.5% (Moderate)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2023, 2:16 pm

I don't know how to share the chart, I had "aversive," "alienated," and "fragile" maxed out, top segment for "anguished," second to top for all the rest, overall 86.88%. Not surprising, I would probably qualify for a diagnosis of avoidant personality disorder.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 1:09 am

I got high (70%)

I dunno if I have AVPD or not. It is something I have discussed with my therapist, before discovering autistic traits. I could have both AVPD and autism.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 1:31 am

It didn't surprise me that I scored high overall but low in fragility. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

13 Mar 2024, 5:30 am

My score came out pretty high at 74%.

Honestly, I'm not entirely surprised. I've been grappling with feelings of avoidance and social anxiety for a while now. What's interesting is that I also struggle with maladaptive daydreaming, which is a common coping mechanism for individuals dealing with mental health conditions. In this article on chi-nese.com, some of its symptoms are mentioned.
I'm actively trying to fight against daydreaming. It's not easy, and there are days when those avoidant thoughts seem overwhelming. But I'm learning to challenge them, to question their validity, and to push myself beyond my comfort zone.
I don't know, maybe there are others who also have this. If so, you can read this article on how to fight daydreaming. You'll find other tips there like watch a movie to focus your attention on something else or read why it's bad for you to daydream. In short, you miss out on what's actually happening around you.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Mar 2024, 3:01 am

Your avoidant personality traits are moderate (58.13%) :arrow:
This seems about right to me. I tend to keep to myself a lot because I don't see a reason to interact with others. I find interacting & going out draining but usually not very upsetting or bothersome. Plus the hobbies that interest me have always been more solitary things I can do at home. My score woulda been a lot higher when I was single & depressed about being lonely.

Fairfield wrote:
but if you are just taking them for funsies and don't have issues relating to AVPD then a higher score in those areas can be for like, any number of other things, like ADHD or maladaptive daydreaming or something.
I'm sure this is the case with me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Mar 2024, 3:43 pm

"Your avoidant personality traits are high (71.88%)."

What's this? Never heard of this condition before, but many, many of the questions were spot on for me. I thought these were just anxiety (I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder) along with my neurodivergence making socializing tricky and leading me to a long history of rejection.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Mar 2024, 9:14 pm

Harmonie wrote:
"Your avoidant personality traits are high (71.88%)."

What's this? Never heard of this condition before, but many, many of the questions were spot on for me. I thought these were just anxiety (I have been diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder) along with my neurodivergence making socializing tricky and leading me to a long history of rejection.
I think social anxiety is more about experiencing the emotional effect that could be a cause, whereas avoident personality is more about the behavioral pattern that could be an effect.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

elotepreparado
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2024, 1:04 am

Yea the distracted, alienated, and fretful results of mine are probably affected mostly by my ADHD inattentive type, aspergers, and anxiety lol. I do not relate to avoidant personality issues thankfully. I am grateful for that since I know these issues are really distressing. I have some good people in my family and am grateful for my few but quality friends. I do not think too much of rejection and do not get easily embarrassed because it does not matter to me much unless it affects my family and friends.

Also I am bad at imagining like.. actual daydreams. I just think? Nothing that could be a storyline and nothing with characters and whatever. That would involve me having to understand intentions and personalities of people more or something maybe. I wish I could just have my own stories and movies in my head like some of my friends seem to have. Sounds fun. :(