Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2023, 5:19 pm

I do have female friends, but my friend group is skewing male these days. Especially since two of my female friends moved in together and we don't see them as much now (they have been dating for a while).

Of course I'm grateful for my friends... but I feel like I'm missing out somehow. Does that make any sense? Not quite sure what I'm missing out on, it's a vague feeling.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2023, 7:22 pm

I had all male friends in my 20s to 30s (in part b/c of workplace gender composition). Now in my 50s I have all female friends (in part b/c of support group gender composition, and wives of those previous friends). I guess I am a person of opportunity. I missed close connection more than I missed friendship with one gender or another (or in between). Wishing your friendship "dance card" fills up again with the type of connections you desire!!

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2023, 6:05 pm

Me too. I find it very difficult to make friends. Especially with other women closer to my age. If they are a lot older than me it seems easier. My closest female.friend is 80.

Though over.all my friends are few and far.between. I had this fantasy that after.I moved.to.a new.city I would make.all these new friends. That.didn't happen.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 3:19 pm

Same, I would love to have more female friends... I have 1 true female friend but that's it.