Question about psych evals and receiving benefits in the US

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

mrpieceofwork
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 10:32 am

I am supposed to go through a pysch eval tomorrow, regarding me recently being granted SSDI. I am in TX, though I do not think that fact should be too much of an issue, as there ARE "pockets of progressiveness" all over the state, esp. in the big cities.

What can I expect?

Thanks

My text only website
https://rawtext.club/~mrpieceofwork/
"Imagine Life Without Money"

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2023, 10:54 am

I wish you a result that brings what you need.

It has been so long since I went through that, 2008, 2009, that the details of it are no longer remembered, except for a vague sense of, there will be questions to answer and maybe a few activities to do.

Deaconblues97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Apr 2024, 1:08 am

I don't have any experience with it at all, but I'd really love to hear how your experience has gone and is going. Please come back and update.
Thanks

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:04 pm

According to my American wife, the nearer you get to retirement age, the less likely it is that they'll show any skepticism about the ailment(s) that your benefits are based on, because they have less to gain by stopping your benefits. They may ask questions to determine whether your condition has improved. Might be wise to take any medications with you. Beyond that, I don't know.