Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 6:26 pm

Back in the Summer of 2015, I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and
Borderline Personality Disorder, which is often mistaken for Bipolar Disorder.

In the latter part of 2017, my NT sister was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Our mom has been in denial ever since. However, she expects everything & everyone around her
to be perfect on a daily basis.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jun 2023, 7:19 pm

colliegrace wrote:
Straight up told my mom today, stop treating me like s**t or I will leave and not come back.

If you said to my parents, you would be out of THEIR house in a nanosecond, with only the clothes on your back.

I know that feeling of being the scapegoat all too well.

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 11:39 am

I'm learning that I do not have a healthy attachment style to other people. I definitely experience the phenomenon known as "favorite person", which is basically where you hella idolize someone and your mental health can be made or completely destroyed by an interaction with them.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 6:19 pm

MuddRM wrote:
colliegrace wrote:
Straight up told my mom today, stop treating me like s**t or I will leave and not come back.

If you said to my parents, you would be out of THEIR house in a nanosecond, with only the clothes on your back.

I know that feeling of being the scapegoat all too well.

Then you come back with the cops to collect your possessions.
Then you talk to a lawyer about the illegal eviction.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2023, 7:30 pm

colliegrace wrote:

My parents would have told you “Don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord Split you. We will have you thrown in jail for destruction of property for destroying the door.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm

I know all too well what you are talking about.

As I have said quite a few times here on WP, both of my parents, now deceased, came from broken and dysfunctional homes. Mom was bipolar, Dad was a Narcissist. Both were physically, mentally, verbally and emotionally abusive. To make matter even more interesting, I’m the scapegoat of the family. Even though my parents are deceased, my brothers still treat me like sh!t. I now have all three brothers blocked.Ditto with relatives on both sides of the family, with a few exceptions. Ditto with the church I grew up in. It’s the reason I became a Lutheran. At least they appreciate this Aspie’s talent, limited as it may be.