Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 10:53 am

Under Fire From DeSantis, Trump Dog-Whistles To Anti-Vaccine Community

Quote:
Former President Donald Trump vowed Monday to create a special presidential commission to investigate a “decadeslong increase in chronic illnesses” as some of his White House rivals run to his right on vaccine safety.

Trump blamed “Big Pharma,” the term members of both parties use to deride the world’s pharmaceutical giants, for the well-documented rise in the percentage of children and adults reporting chronic illnesses over the last several decades. His remarks were a dog whistle to vaccine-skeptical Republicans, who are more likely than Democrats to believe misinformation about vaccines and remain unvaccinated.

“Too often, our public health establishment is too close to Big Pharma — they make a lot of money, Big Pharma — big corporations, and other special interests, and does not want to ask the tough questions about what is happening to our children’s health,” Trump said in a video posted Monday on the platform Rumble. He promised to prioritize his commission “when I’m back in the White House.”

“There has been an unexplained and alarming growth in the prevalence of chronic illnesses and health problems, especially in children,” Trump continued. “We’ve seen a stunning rise in autism, auto-immune disorders, obesity, infertility, serious allergies and respiratory challenges.”

It’s not a coincidence Trump mentions autism first: The false belief that vaccines cause autism is a cornerstone of anti-vaccine movements and conspiracy theories.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 08 Jun 2023, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 11:00 am

Can a man with no mind be infected by a mind-virus? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2023, 11:23 am

funeralxempire wrote:

I think he was born that way.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2023, 10:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Oh, he has a mind as much as we do. And one that also is as different from an NT as many of us. It's just off on a different, yet to be named spectrum.

I also saw Trump's "increase in chronic illnesses" as a vax-causes-autism dog-whistle.