Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 6:19 am

Here's a "would you rather..." thread. I love these. I'll start.

Would you rather have a low-paying job that you love and enjoy and don't have to commute to get to, or a very high-paying job that you hate and have to commute to get to?
My answer: This is actually a tough one. I'd love to be able to live in luxury and not have to worry about money any more, but being in a job you hate can be damaging to your mental health.

(For women only) Would you rather have headaches with your periods or stomachaches with your periods?
My answer: Easy one. Headaches.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 8:02 am

stomach

Would you rather go blind or deaf?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 8:19 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
stomach

Would you rather go blind or deaf?

Deaf. I'm halfway there already anyway.

Sonic200
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2023, 1:54 pm

Would you rather be in an area where the sound is too loud for you or the lights are too bright for you?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 3:03 pm

Sonic200 wrote:
Would you rather be in an area where the sound is too loud for you or the lights are too bright for you?

Definitely lights too bright, because for me lights can never be too bright. :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 3:05 pm

Brighter lights would just mean I'd keep looking down instead of being internally exhausted.

Indecisive and frozen in overthinking or impulsive and gambling with consequences?

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 5:01 am

Be impulsive and gamble with consequences, because if I didn't overthink and get anxious then I probably wouldn't emotionally suffer so much.

Would you rather clean up someone's blood or someone's vomit? (For me, blood any day).

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 12:29 pm

Blood, but if you've ever had to care of dying loved ones (or small children, which I have not) you can get used to cleaning up just about anything. Not sure I would feel the same about cleaning up a stranger's bodily secretions. Also you have to have the right tools, starting with rubber/latex gloves.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 1:30 pm

I can't wear latex or rubber gloves for sensory reasons. That would be worse to me than touching the gross stuff. I would likely pick blood since it doesn't smell as much as vomit but I'm also kind of triggered by blood, and it's harder to clean. I guess it depends on how much and the reasons for it. I've done lots and lots of barf bucket duty over the years even from adults. I've done a major bloodbath once and it's not something I'd like to do again.

OK then, vomit it is.

Have too many pets or have no pets?

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2023, 1:38 pm

Sorry, I realize I forgot to add a question to my post. :oops:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 12:07 pm

If those were my only options, I'd probably take the high paying job I hated because here, a low paying job = an entire life you hate instead of just your job as you can't afford housing or transportation or proper healthy food or time off to go to the beach etc etc etc. I'd rather hate doing something 40h/week than hate that I can't do much of anything in my time away from work, own any possessions because IF I could afford a roof over my head it wouldn't include almost any storage space, have any vehicles to be able to get to the beach(es) etc etc. WAY rather hate my job, collect a fat paycheque, go where I want when I want, eat and drink what I want, be able to afford motorcycles & surf kites etc etc. Further, with a low paying job I'd have to have a lot of roommates, possibly in a house that could be sold or demolished, so no housing security.. and I'd have to take public transit, which turns a 40 minute drive into a 3 hour waste of life.

Fortunately I can make enough $ without hating my occupation. But if I had to choose, I'd choose the money over poverty. I've been VERY poor before and it sucks 24/7, which is a lot more sucking than 8h/day 5 days/week.

It's called WORK and not PLAY for a reason.. you don't have to love it; you just have to Do it, get paid, and then go live your life.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2023, 2:28 pm

I'd take cleaning blood.

Let's see...
Being acknowledged as a person socially and culturally, to a point that being closeted is meaningless to be a part of the society itself -- but no legal acknowledgement, support and services involving around that due to some institutional complications...

Basically, being accepted as part of the norm and normally gets bullying at it's worst, yet do not legally register except as, well, not-being-illegal.

Or ...

Be legally supported and have accomodations.
But it doesn't truly acknowledge you as a person culturally and that your social support is likely coming from lobbying than a socially natural progression, and despite legal acknowledgement, that one would need to be closeted to be safe, safer...

Legally supported with rights and all, yet the norm would be unsafety, violent hate crimes, and blatant discrimination of being treated like a second class citizen.

TLDR;

Socially accepted, informally supported and be culturally treated like a person...
Or legally acknowledged, supported and have legal rights.

Choose only one.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.