Shorter than average invisible in clubs

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:29 am

I have read up that in bars/nightclubs shorter than average height men (especially if there skinny/small in build) are invisible to women and struggle to get there attention. For a short man to compensate he has to spend hours in the gym to get the width so he has more presence when competing against tall men .

Is there some truth to this or not? Also I think men 35 amd over are often overlooked in a nightclub.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:37 am

Shorter men are not invisible to me. No one is invisible to me. I wouldn't reject someone just because they were on the shorter side or were shorter than I am.

IMO, how a person behaves is more important than how a person looks. (Obviously, people of any height can be equally attractive/hot, though. I, personally, just don't care much about that stuff.)

I will admit that some women care about height, but maybe they aren't the ones that a sensible person would want to date anyway.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:40 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Shorter men are not invisible to me. No one is invisible to me. I wouldn't reject someone just because they were on the shorter side or were shorter than I am.

IMO, how a person behaves is more important than how a person looks. (Obviously, people of any height can be equally attractive/hot, though. I, personally, just don't care about that stuff.)

I will admit that some women care about height, but maybe they aren't the ones that a sensible person would want to date anyway.

Maybe those types of women are the ones that frequent bars?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:42 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

IMO, how a person behaves is more important than how a person looks. (Obviously, people of any height can be equally attractive/hot, though. I, personally, just don't care about that stuff.)

Perhaps. :lol:

Bars are not a great place to look for romantic partners of any gender IMO.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:47 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Perhaps. :lol:

Bars are not a great place to look for romantic partners of any gender IMO.

I think in a nightclub size matters. In the UK where average 5ft10 men who are 6ft1/6ft2 get hit on/laid by women the most in clubs.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 10:52 am

I highly doubt that most women (in nightclubs or otherwise) are rejecting men who are 5'10 in favor of men who are 6'1. :lol:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:02 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I highly doubt that most women (in nightclubs or otherwise) are rejecting men who are 5'10 in favor of men who are 6'1. :lol:

Probably rejecting 5ft6 and 5ft8 men in favour of 6'1 though.

2 guys (one of them claims 6ft6 and the other is 5ft8) I know once went out on the town and are both average in looks facially. They met up with 2 women in a pub and the 6ft6 guy got a one night stand with one of the ladies while his 5ft8 friend did not.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:06 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

2 guys (one of them claims 6ft6 and the other is 5ft8) I know once went out on the town and are both average in looks facially. They met up with 2 women in a pub and the 6ft6 guy was the only one who got a one night stand.

How do you know that this is only related to height though? What about personality?

If they were the same exact person in every other respect (which they couldn't be), I'd possibly prefer the person who was 5'8 because I might find him less intimidating. It's hard to say.

In any event, it's absurd to claim that this situation is solely related to height because many factors play a part - personality, chemistry, common interests, other physical traits, etc.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:11 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

2 guys (one of them claims 6ft6 and the other is 5ft8) I know once went out on the town and are both average in looks facially. They met up with 2 women in a pub and the 6ft6 guy was the only one who got a one night stand.

How do you know that this is only related to height though? What about personality?

If they were the same exact person in every other respect (which they couldn't be), I'd possibly prefer the person who was 5'8 because I might find him less intimidating. It's hard to say.

In any event, it's absurd to claim that this situation is solely related to height.

My 5ft8 friend has a more interesting personality than his taller friend. The tall guy is a bit more introverted.

He told me the girl he was met up with that night was not into the whole one night stand thing. Maybe she genuinely wasn't or perhaps at 5'8 he was not tall enough for her. Who knows really? I am just speculating.

Last edited by Jamesy on 09 Jul 2023, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:12 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

In any event, it's absurd to claim that this situation is solely related to height.

My 5ft8 friend has a more interesting personality than his taller friend.
According to you. You aren't that particular woman. Some women prefer introverts.

Quote:
I am just speculating.
Exactly.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:17 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

My 5ft8 friend has a more interesting personality than his taller friend.
According to you. You aren't that particular woman.

Quote:
I am just speculating.
Exactly.

You probably will not have time to watch all this video but it backs up what I am saying
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V-yZU17Hg ... x1ZSBndXlz

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:20 am

A YouTube video is not going to give you or me any insight on the situation with your friend because we are all unique individuals. I've already stated that bars and nightclubs are not great places to meet romantic partners in general. Meeting buzzed/intoxicated people at such places for one night stands is not a great idea, either, IMO.

Generalizations aren't that helpful because there are always exceptions. Certain demographics aren't all the same.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 09 Jul 2023, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:24 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
A YouTube video is not going to give you or me any insight on the situation with your friend because we are all unique individuals. I've already stated that bars and nightclubs are not great places to meet romantic partners in general. Meeting buzzed/intoxicated people at such places for one night stands is not a great idea, either, IMO.

Yeah because if you have a one night stand with a drunk girl she might report you to the police for rape the morning after.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:26 am

Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Yeah because if you have a one night stand with a drunk girl she might report you for rape the morning after.

Yeah, I guess that's how you could look at it. :roll:

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:30 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

Yeah because if you have a one night stand with a drunk girl she might report you for rape the morning after.

Yeah, I guess that's how you could look at it. :roll:

Why else do you think it's not always a great idea to hook up with an intoxicated person?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2023, 11:32 am

The problem is not so much about getting reported for rape although no one would want that. The problem is that you'd be committing rape if the person was drunk enough to be unable to give informed consent. It's against the law for a reason. It hurts people. Getting punished for rape is not as harmful as actually experiencing it.