Work related anxiety due to redeployment

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

lukey108
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2023, 2:49 pm

Hi,

Just want to bring up some work related anxiety issues I have had recently I am university educated and have worked in various roles for a long time in my most recent role I have worked in a local authority since 2020 on a fixed term contract role that has been extended a few times I have settled into the role well but recently I have been on a redeployment register due to the fixed term contract due to come to and end due to lack of funding and I was redeployed into another role on a 6 week trial period the problem was I found the new role quite stressful due to the fact that the role involved higher pressure and strict deadlines (this was because it was dealing with public transport timetables that change several times a year and they have to make sure these are up to date and accurate for the travelling public). I do have very good attention to detail and focus but when my anxiety levels rise under pressure I can start to slip up and this was an issue in this job due to the requirement for the information they produce to be read by the general public. So my line manager thought that this role would not be suitable for me as they need someone to work under pressure accurately and I agreed with her to go back to my old role. We also learnt from this experience that roles with hard deadlines are not the best and sometimes I worry that even there are many roles which I am intellectually capable of doing I worry that my anxiety can come in the way and my line manager said in this role I had difficulty applying my knowledge I learnt in the training due to my anxiety levels and stress anyone else have this experience and can advise?
I will now go back on the redeployment register and hopefully be redeployed to another more suitable role - my current role's contract has been extended until the end of December but I sometimes worry that it will note work out and I won't find anything within my employer before then meaning I will be made redundant should I look for work externally as ideally I would like to stay with my current employer because of my benefits - annual leave etc which would not be as good if I move to a new employer but I would not be surprised if my contract is extended again any advice? I do live with my parents and get PIP benefit aswell which means being made redundant would not hit me financially as much as one may think but ideally I would like to stay in employment as if I became unemployed I would become bored quickly and does anyone else have a similar experience to me even though I am highly qualified with a physics degree - which is a hard science STEM degree I can find some jobs more challenging due to my anxiety issues I have never actually had a job where I use my degree knowledge is that experience that others have had on here but I have been consistently employed so I am not unemployed I currently work in quite a nice admin type role at a local authority but I am worrying what I might do if I redeploy or it ends at the end of the year any advice considering the previous role that I found too stressful I did have a lot of reasonable adjustments in place but for the reasons stated above they did not ultimately enable me to be successful in this role. Also need advice on anxiety about possibly being made redundant from this role but hopefully I should be redeployed but another worry would me being redeployed into another more stressful role.