Got anything random to say? L&D Version.

Page 15 of 21 [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 2:13 pm

This song makes me swoon.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 2:19 pm

I just wish I had someone to share it with.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 9:19 pm

Even military types can be stricken by romance in the spring.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2024, 12:11 pm

My bf won't tell me what he's having for his tea

He's teasing me :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:38 pm

Why do some heterosexual women fancy homosexual men.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:47 pm

babybird wrote:
Why do some heterosexual women fancy homosexual men.

Do you mean fancying someone we don’t know is gay?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:51 pm

No no no no no i mean when they absolutely know there is no chance for them but they still keep trying

I was brought up around gay men and women and trans people and I've witnessed grown women throwing themselves at men who have absolutely zero interest in having sex with a woman. It's shameful to say the least.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 2:57 pm

Oh, I’ve never seen or experienced it. I’ve known a couple people who didn’t know the guy was gay, but I’ve not seen someone actively pursue someone who was. That’s really weird/disturbing. :?

In my former faith, a woman married a man she didn’t know was gay. Since being gay was considered wrong, the guy was apparently trying to change himself. It ended in utter disaster. Come to think of it, I had a little crush on him at one point. :chin:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 3:03 pm

I've just always had a thing about me whereas when I know someone is not an option then that's lt.

This woman I knew was doing her best to try and make him straight. It was really serious because she was willing to give up her family for him and he wasn't the most honest of people either so he led her on for ages.

I was just a kid at the time. Like 13 or 14 but I can remember it being really bad for her.

Looking back now I'm thinking that all the adults that was involved with this should have helped her to see sense but they didn't help her.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 3:08 pm

I think people used to think they could make someone straight. They still do given that some still refer to being gay as a “lifestyle” rather than an intrinsic part of who a person is. I don’t really get it. It doesn’t seem like a particularly difficult thing to understand.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 3:11 pm

Yeah I don't get it either. It's always puzzled me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 5:30 pm

I think that people who have too much of a sense of obligation are ill equipped to have one night stands.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 8:34 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
I think people used to think they could make someone straight. They still do given that some still refer to being gay as a “lifestyle” rather than an intrinsic part of who a person is. I don’t really get it. It doesn’t seem like a particularly difficult thing to understand.

That's a gripe of mine really.

---

Unfortunately, I think it's sometimes routed in the misconception that being gay is an intense dislike and / or fear of the opposite sex.

I had a guy once rather inappropriately ask me 'who was the man that turned me gay' as if some man had crossed me and I'd declared him and his gender the enemy and that I was interested in women as a form of... coping? Rebellion? Misandry? :? :scratch:

Such folks believe that they'll be the one to 'enlighten' a gay person. :roll:

I remember I rejected a guy once and he countered with "Well actually, I think you're bisexual" as if we were having a vote. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:23 pm

It's funny how love mates love to tea-se each other.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2024, 10:29 pm

babybird wrote:
No no no no no i mean when they absolutely know there is no chance for them but they still keep trying

I was brought up around gay men and women and trans people and I've witnessed grown women throwing themselves at men who have absolutely zero interest in having sex with a woman. It's shameful to say the least.

They're hoping to feel special.

Even if someone knows there's no change of a long-term anything developing, there's still a degree of wanting to have something no one else you're competing with can have.

I don't believe this is universally true, but it's certainly applicable to a portion.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DazyDaisy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Mar 2024, 3:01 am

I used to have a friend who forced himself to be straight up until his mid twenties. He also had a lot of cardiovascular problems, severe redness in his face, a lot of other health problems. After we graduated I haven't seen him for a few years and then I met him during my bycicle ride and since he was riding his we started to do it together and after a few months he opened up to me after I noticed his face redness disapeared. I asked what happened and he told me that also his heart problems vanished after he decided to declare to everybody that he was always gay. He explained to me that simply a female body doesn't turn him on and that he was always (very much) attracted to a (muscular) male body. That alone proves it is impossible to make gay person straight and that there's no point of forcing someone to be what essentially that person is not, just to align with society standards. For who? It would be very cruel to force a very sexual person, a person who's sexuality is a strong part of his identity, to be intimate with gender they don't find sexually atractive. Horrible. That would make both sides miserable, especially if society force them to get married. Unfortunately he moved to another country since he didn't feel safe here.