How To Learn To Wear Fitted Clothing Without Pain

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jul 2023, 12:00 am

Any advice for me on how to learn how to wear form fitted clothing because I wear loose clothing like a size bigger than what I should and all it's given me is chafed skin. Any solutions on what I can do to be able to wear more fitted clothing
comfortably because if fitted clothes will prevent my skin from chafing then ill do it. Like if i wear a fitted shirt but then i start feeling constricted/suffocated what can i tell myself to prevent myself from chasing into the bigger clothing?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2023, 8:56 pm

I'd suggest trying stretchy athletic clothing.

https://jofit.com/pages/fit-guide
This brand has a variety of different styles to fit different body types.

You may need to try on a lot of different brands to find one that fits you.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2023, 8:45 am

It takes time to get used to new clothes. I'll wear new stuff for a short time at home to get used to how they feel.
Don't try a new outfit when you are going someplace where you can't take it off.

If you are on a budget you can go to a Savers or Goodwill where they sell 2nd hand clothes to try on. If something looks hideous but fits really well, jot down the brand or label. Then you can shop that brand or label for something that looks better. A brand or label is usually consistent in sizing. Before buying look it over carefully to make sure it isn't worn down too much or has other issues.

But, because I am XS or Size 2, I get better deals at Kohl's discount racks when I get to use a 30% additional coupon!
There are plenty of tiny clothes on the discount rack that doesn't fit normal people. Sometimes there are benefits to not being normal. :D