Do people with autism have more severe PMS than neurotypical

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2024, 12:09 am

NobodyNothingJr wrote:
I recently read that women have had success in combating PMDD with over the counter allergy meds such as Claritin or Allegra. It’s all over Reddit. I think I might try it. Has anyone else tried this?

That is really interesting. I had never heard of this. I actually started taking a second generation anti histamine and following a reduced histamine diet over a year ago, but for totally unrelated reasons. (MCAS is a common comorbidity of another condition I have, but it can be challenging to diagnose, so I decided to just try some simple treatments to see if they may help with some other symptoms and they did. So, no confirmed MCAS diagnosis for me, but suspected).

Anyway, I would say my hormonally-related emotional issues have been less noticeable since then, although I do still notice some physical things like worse joint and muscle pain around ovulation. I had thought the improved emotional stuff was maybe some kind of a perimenopause thing since I turned 40 this year, but maybe it could have been histamine related. No way to know, I guess, but, again, this is interesting.

AnnaTheSquirrel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2024, 6:01 am

if so here's a possible connection:

Progesteron is the building block for cortisol, the anti-stress hormone. PMS/PMDD needs adequate levels of Progesteron as a remedy. Stress siphones away Prog. ASS people notice lots of stressors, both outside and inside their body.