Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2023, 6:04 pm

CarlM wrote:
It bothers me the way autistic people often dislike him so much. To me he is a model of what we some of us may be able to accomplish. I often disagree with what he says, but we rarely have a good political sense. That is usually an advanced NT skill. I know many Tesla owners who are likely autistic. One of them was saying he doesn't like Elon because of what he Elon says. I will be seeing him again and will maybe explain about Elon and ASD.

He's a highly dislikable person from many angles. It's not surprising autistics also dislike him, it's a sign that we have similar priorities for evaluating others as likeable as the general population.

No excuses for his dislikeable personality and behaviour will make him become more likeable.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2023, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Where?

Please provide link i don't think anyone here is aware of any such disclosure elsewhere

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2023, 10:25 am

Jakki wrote:
His friggin family had bucket loads of Money...

^This!^

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 9:26 am

By being privileged. :lol:

No?
Then by passing specific selection through survivorship bias.

Said bias might be the difference between an autistic who did it from those who couldn't.
But it's the same with NTs and humans overall.

It's just seem that it's a bit more prominent and skewed with neurodiversity.
But so do with orchids amongst dandelions.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2023, 7:36 pm

Jakki wrote:
His friggin family had bucket loads of Money...

This also applies to Temple Grandin.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 2:11 am

Highly_Autistic wrote:
How Did Elon Musk Succeed
His parents owned a emerald mine. It's always easier to succeed if you were born with a massive amount of capital. He buys or founds componaies because he can afford to. Can you afford to do that?

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2023, 6:54 am

He claims he has Asperger’s assuming he was diagnosed it must it must have been a while ago because he came out very recently but Asperger’s has not been diagnosed for nearly 10 years prior.

He still doesn’t give a great deal of info into his journey or even confirm he is diagnosed or self diagnosed?

If he is self diagnosed it’s reasonable to doubt he really is an aspie.

Asperger’s is for the most part an unidentified biological condition

Most people on here have Asperger’s/ autism which is also an unidentified condition in most cases.

So we have unidentified conditions that have some sort of overlap in symptoms so we should not assume his problems are the same as ours or others here.

Or what worked for him even if inheritance wasn’t involved would work for us.

- George Bernie Shaw

sodepressed
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2023, 2:57 am

CarlM wrote:
To me he is a model of what we some of us may be able to accomplish.

The model of BEING BORN TO SOME PARENTS?!? Yeah, TOTALLY ACCOMPLISHABLE, LET ME JUST FIX THE PHYSICS OF REALITY, BRB!

Brainwashing, I swear...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:14 pm

carlos55 wrote:
Highly_Autistic wrote:
He said he has aspergers. Lets say thats right, how did he manage to be successful both wealth wise and socially ?

Is it perfect circumstances and family he grew up in

Until he confirms he was DIAGNOSED I would take that claim with a pinch of salt.

I may be wrong but i believe he mentioned it once and it was in an informal setting so was it a serious announcement or a kind of joke that he has an unusual mind?, i don't think we know at this stage from watching the clip, but its clear his history & functioning status is not typical of those with ASD.

He is a successful business man who`s been married, has lots of friends, good at social networking and as far as i know had no mental health crisis in his life.

Everyone with Asperger's has had a mental heath crisis at some point, that's how most adults get diagnosed.

The absence of one leads to fair doubt I'm sure you would have heard of an Elon Musk breakdown by now in the 50 or so years he`s been alive.

According to a new biography he is self-diagnosed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 7:50 pm

Highly_Autistic wrote:
... how did he manage to be successful both wealth wise and socially ?

It's his mom's fault.

And "successful socially" is debatable...

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 5:41 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
Highly_Autistic wrote:
He said he has aspergers. Lets say thats right, how did he manage to be successful both wealth wise and socially ?

Is it perfect circumstances and family he grew up in

Until he confirms he was DIAGNOSED I would take that claim with a pinch of salt.

I may be wrong but i believe he mentioned it once and it was in an informal setting so was it a serious announcement or a kind of joke that he has an unusual mind?, i don't think we know at this stage from watching the clip, but its clear his history & functioning status is not typical of those with ASD.

He is a successful business man who`s been married, has lots of friends, good at social networking and as far as i know had no mental health crisis in his life.

Everyone with Asperger's has had a mental heath crisis at some point, that's how most adults get diagnosed.

The absence of one leads to fair doubt I'm sure you would have heard of an Elon Musk breakdown by now in the 50 or so years he`s been alive.

According to a new biography he is self-diagnosed.

Thought so things just didn’t add up

So there’s fair reason to believe he’s not got Asperger’s

- George Bernie Shaw

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2023, 10:35 pm

About now .. am starting to doubt ,that this man actually has Asperger's...? :roll: ...just announced he is
Financing Governor Ron DeSantis Presidential Campaign run . And he has just got a major contract for The
United States Space Force..DeSantis's atitude towards people whom are neuro diverse ,and am not sure but maybe anti Lbgtq+ ,,,is one of Antagonism
And no recognition of person in bad situations from what i have seen in the general media . And wants the entire republican party to think the same way... And Good Ole boy Musk is right behind him. :skull:

where ever you go ,there you are

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 8:03 am

Let me pose a slightly different question: can someone with autism/asperger’s be “successful”?

I think the answer is yes. It is all part of the spectrum. Money and your family of origin (“environment”) can make a difference. IQ and all of the things that go into it (“environment” and “genetics”) seems to matter. Co-morbid mental health issues matter (again “environment” and “genetics”). Another thing I notice, in Elon’s case and in others, is “training in your special interest”. If your special interest is in an area that also is a good money maker that can help with “success” and also “mental health”. Choices also matter - doing something you find meaningful. For some people “environment” and “genetics” completely dictate your life. This is also sometimes called “nature” and “nurture”. For many there is another aspect as well: the “spiritual”. The “will” or the choices you make is often cited as part of the “spiritual” side of a human being. Relationship with God is also part of this. For me this a big factor, the biggest, in true “success”.
I know one interesting fact about Elon - he considers himself an “Engineer”. According to an interview with his ex-wife whenever he would travel and had to fill out “job” on forms he would always fill in “Engineer”.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 11:57 am

Fenn wrote:
Let me pose a slightly different question: can someone with autism/asperger’s be “successful”?

I think the answer is yes. It is all part of the spectrum. Money and your family of origin (“environment”) can make a difference. IQ and all of the things that go into it (“environment” and “genetics”) seems to matter. Co-morbid mental health issues matter (again “environment” and “genetics”). Another thing I notice, in Elon’s case and in others, is “training in your special interest”. If your special interest is in an area that also is a good money maker that can help with “success” and also “mental health”. Choices also matter - doing something you find meaningful. For some people “environment” and “genetics” completely dictate your life. This is also sometimes called “nature” and “nurture”. For many there is another aspect as well: the “spiritual”. The “will” or the choices you make is often cited as part of the “spiritual” side of a human being. Relationship with God is also part of this. For me this a big factor, the biggest, in true “success”.
I know one interesting fact about Elon - he considers himself an “Engineer”. According to an interview with his ex-wife whenever he would travel and had to fill out “job” on forms he would always fill in “Engineer”.

Sia is very successful and she has recently been diagnosed with level 2 Autism.

People say Bill Gates can’t be autistic because Microsoft became really popular. I say it is plausible because while Gates did the geek work Steve Ballmer sold what Gates designed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2023, 1:47 pm

Fenn wrote:

Quote:

Which autism is that?

Maybe version XY6547653b, with just enough IQ and random gene mutations that fall into a particular place giving a goldilocks verson of ASD allowing some social deficits to be compensated by intellectual skill, drive and reduced impact of repetitive behaviours and stimming.

So maybe theoretically yes, just the other 99.9% of the autism population not so.

- George Bernie Shaw

TT1660
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Sep 2023, 10:21 am

fascinator wrote:

He doesnt have Aspergers. No prominent person does. Thats all a psyop to misdirect people with Aspergers. Elon is Hive.

Who are you, and why are you spamming my inbox?