Do any of you know anyone personally who gets bad PMS?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2023, 9:21 pm

Do any of you know anyone personally who gets bad PMS? Last time I had PMS (I'm almost 40), I was crying my eyes out and my older mother couldn’t really handle it and I was crying over for waiting for a autograph in the mail. I know that sounds dumb. I also was upset with my mom when she and I went on walk and she commented that hair wasn't in good condition because of how much I colour it. I have severe PMS issues sometimes.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2023, 5:16 pm

I don't know.

But I known people who claimed to have PMDD and still able to cope and work without a problem.

I only kept wondering what's the difference between those people and from those who do not other than whatever they claim as 'discipline' and 'attitude'.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Hattievdk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2023, 3:29 am

Yes, me. It was so bad that I am now taking the pill without a break in between my packages for six month, then do a "normal" break and go back to taking it. There was literally no other way of coping with the life otherwise. I felt like during the worst time of my depression. Also: all of my social anxieties got way worse. Like the world was against me.

Twiglet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2023, 9:03 am

I have very bad PMS. I feel like I am constantly on a monthly roller coaster to the point I wonder if I am actually bipolar. It has caused me many problems. A doctor did tell me once I have pmdd.

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2023, 8:35 pm

I'm not sure if I get PMS these days. I'm not even sure if I've ever gotten PMS. I'd get depressed and anxious and easily angered at times, but those instances could just as easily be caused by missed meds, a need for new meds, or low blood sugar. I do get more acne under my breasts due to the monthly hormonal changes, but I'm not sure which one of them does it.

I also don't get the kind of period that is utterly debilitating. I get cramps, I bleed, and that's about it. This may be because my periods have always been irregular until fairly recently. Blame PCOS.

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2023, 4:10 pm

I was eventually diagnosed with PMDD after trying to take my life. Its why I have an IUD now.

I'd also physically get sick. Start vomiting, lose my balance, leg weakness, and exhaustion that made me barely able to work or go to school.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2023, 12:28 am

Late last month I had a horrible meltdown and committed self harm because of covid/doomsday anxiety. The next day I went out with my mom and even though it was warm out I wore a jacket to hide the cuts on my arm. A couple of days later I started my period. Of course, I still have covid/war/climate anxiety but it gets a lot worse as early as two weeks before my period. I'm worried next time I will self harm myself badly enough to go to the hospital and naturally all they'll do is put me on even more medication and imprison me in the mental ward. And then I will really have a nervous breakdown.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2023, 1:54 am

Yeah me...I get bad pms. Painful cramps that make me grumpy and angry at everything. Its the worst when it starts right at the beggining of a work week. I still go to work but bring a cramp bark tincture in case I need something to help the cramps while I am at work. like it sucks idk as much as guys with hard labor jobs complain, like at least they don't just get a week of gross blood and weird poops once a month plus awful cramps that make you just want to go back to bed. Idk I am comfotable being a woman, but like our periods are very inconvenient.

I get those guys work long hours, but I mean in various places of the world pregnant women do a lot of nessisary tasks while still pregnant, like sure in the U.S and european countries the women can potentially get paid leave or whatever...but in so many parts of the world its like as soon as a 13 year old had a baby she is left on her own to just figure it out on her own when she is just a 13 year old kid herself. LIke that is f****d....i don't care if it's ok in some cultures maybe some cultures and traditions are best left back in the past where they belong.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2024, 9:43 pm

3 months ago, my cycle is 28 days long.
Then it's 31 days long.

Now I'm 12 days late -- it's day 42 since my last first day of the month bleed.
Happens every now and then for several years for me.

PMS symptoms were on-off throughout the week.
Thought it was a day closer, only to feel weirder the next day instead. I don't like it.

Factors?
Stress; at least outside source stress -- is no longer a factor. I quit my job since Christmas. Diet, preferred activity levels -- no change.

I might feel getting worse at the moment -- could be aging; could be this long dragging PMS; symptoms that comes by the 3rd week after ovulation. No, I'm not pregnant.

It's this raw tense like feeling... Less physical symptoms and more like something very hormonal.
It's like constant jet lag all day long and I hadn't drank caffeine nor taken melatonin; nor even have to be sleep deprived but it will feel like it.

It will likely go away once I menstruate.
Happens when luteal phases gets too dragging long. And the contrast inside felt so clear to me that it's visible to anyone's observation.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2024, 7:28 am

daughter used to, she found she has polycystic ovaries, getting treatment for that seems to have helped some.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

AnnaTheSquirrel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Feb 2024, 5:58 am

yes, me.

the cause was a natural depletion of Progesteron (and therefor Estrogen dominance).

It all went away once I supplemented my Progesteron and this was done ONLY with body-identical hormone which in Europe has the tradename Utrogestan. No other pill or whatever suffices. GP prescribes.

Progesteron is not only a sex hormone but first and foremost the building block for Cortisol. The anti-stress hormone. That's why I've got Utrogestan every day.

Determined by blood test on day 21 of the cycle and comparing that to optimum progesteron levels for that phase of the cycle. Not the broad lab range.