Very extroverted yet not popular with women!

Page 1 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 7:30 am

I know this guy at the pub who will turn 68 soon and he’s a very a sociable guy and the other night he was trying to chat up a lesbian woman who was maybe in her 20s. You could tell by her body language that he was annoying her though.

He’s told me on a few occasions that he has never been popular with woman. Do you think it’s unusual that an extroverted man would not be well liked by the ladies? I thought looks did not always matter at the end of the day.

He’s 5ft6 and a bit overweight but still I don’t see why that should hinder him since he has a full time job.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 7:34 am

Why would he try to chat up a lesbian?

Why would a 67 year old try to chat up a woman in her 20s?

He sounds like a real winner. I can’t believe he’s not been well-liked by women./s

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 7:36 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
Why would he try to chat up a lesbian?

Why would a 67 year old try to chat up a woman in her 20s?

He sounds like a real winner. I can’t believe he’s not been well-liked by women./s

But he’s a very sociable chap with a good paying job though so therefore he should be more attractive to women.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 7:43 am

He still wouldn’t be attractive to lesbians or women in their 20s, especially if he’s trying to “chat them up” in bars.

Being extroverted doesn’t necessarily make someone more desirable when it comes to personality.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 7:47 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
He still wouldn’t be attractive to lesbians or women in their 20s, especially if he’s trying to “chat them up” in bars.

Being extroverted doesn’t necessarily make someone more desirable when it comes to personality.

Try telling that to Clint Eastwood https://youtu.be/qVVsvAIRsTs?si=a5_INSJyTPPLQTFd

In all seriousness though he also chased after this lady I know who is in her 40s (trying to get her to sit on his lap) and she was not interested either.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:27 am

A small sample of two people who have rejected a particular person, doesn't really say anything about the general success of someone in terms of their dating potential.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:28 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
A small sample of two people who have rejected a particular person, doesn't really say anything about the general success of someone in terms of their dating potential.

Good point!

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:37 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

I have seen him fail with quite a bit more than 2. 4 years this young woman said "f**k you" to him and he took it slightly literally thinking she wanted to have sex.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:41 am

Just cos your friend is an extrovert doesn't mean people like what he's extroverting.

Being extroverted is not the same thing as having a good personality.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:42 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
Just cos your friend is an extrovert doesn't mean people like what he's extroverting.

Yeah perhaps his personality is a bit more obnoxious than charming. On nights out he will go up and talk to any random person often cracking a joke to them.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:45 am

I don’t like extroverted people at all, regardless of their genitalia.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:50 am

Jamesy wrote:

Yeah perhaps his personality is a bit more obnoxious than charming. On nights out he will go up and talk to any random person often cracking a joke to them.

From the way you've described him thus far, I've heard a few things that fall under the category of "obnoxious", and have yet to see anything that qualified as "charming".

People don't always seem to realize just how off-putting their behavior really is.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:54 am

In a bar, I’d interpret an extrovert who tried talking to me to be either obnoxious, a lech, a drunk, or a narcissist.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:55 am

Jamesy wrote:

From the way you've described him thus far, I've heard a few things that fall under the category of "obnoxious", and have yet to see anything that qualified as "charming".

People don't always seem to realize just how off-putting their behavior really is.

2 years ago there was a young lesbian couple holding hands at the bar. He made a comment to them saying "Get a room" they both looked at him with an annoyed expression.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:57 am

Good for them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2023, 8:58 am

Jamesy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

2 years ago there was a young lesbian couple holding hands at the bar. He made a comment to them saying "Get a room" they both looked at him with an annoyed expression.

If straight couples can hold hands without comment so should lesbian couples.

I’d be annoyed, too.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 29 Aug 2023, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.