Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 12:47 pm

I missed this one previously and it looks like he started this channel about seven months ago. I was already tuning in to his AI and x-risks analysis (to which he's what I'd consider moderately techno-optimist). When I saw that he had a channel titled 'Assertive Autism Advocacy with David Shapiro' - that was a giveaway that I'd be getting into something interesting.

This was his second video on the channel, it's about an hour long, titled Autism 101: A Crash Course for the Newly Confused:

Already enjoying his AI content I look forward to hearing him talk about everything from nihilism and post nihilism to life on the spectrum.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2023, 6:37 pm

Listening to this one it hurts - I've felt this one in the past, ie. being of unknown competence but people ignoring the work because they don't trust me for other reasons (ie. being different in any way, shape or form or simply not wanting to spend lots of time in reputational maintenance when I can just 'do the thing' and would hope my work speaks for itself).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin