Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2023, 9:38 pm

It seems more and more anti-vaxxers these days aren't getting their pets vaccinated, even against rabies. According to a variety of news sources:

- Anti-Vax Trend May Harm Pet Dogs, With Half of Owners Against Immunization - U.S. News and World Report, September 7, 2023
- Antivaxx spreads to pet owners: HALF of dog owners now hesitant about vaccinating their dogs (including against rabies) and a third think it could give their pooches AUTISM - Daily Mail, 28 August 2023
- Very Smart People Are Starting To Believe That Vaccines Are Causing Autism.... IN THEIR F---ING DOGS Barstool Sports, 8/29/2023
- Rabies is worse than autism - Vaccinate your dog - Daily Kos, September 7, 2023

And an older news story:

- Some Anti-Vaxxers Aren't Getting Their Pets Vaccinated: Here's Why That's So Dangerous - Time, March 8, 2019

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 5:57 am

Sounds so dumb to be unbelievable

Then again goes into the wider issue of isolated lonely people NT treating their pets as human babies.

- George Bernie Shaw

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 9:13 am

Here are the academic press releases that most of the above new stories are apparently based on:

- Nearly Half of Dog Owners Are Hesitant to Vaccinate Their Pets by Jillian McKoy, The Brink: Pioneering Research from Boston University, September 7, 2023.
- Vaccine skepticism now extends to dog owners by Jim Wappes, University of Minnesota, September 1, 2023.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2023, 9:33 am

WTAF?

Not vaccinating pets against rabies is downright stupid, cruel and dangerous. Rabies is a horrendous disease and potentially a pandemic, human-race-ending one.

As well as all the other diseases they should vaccinate pets against.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 2:53 pm

They're afraid their pooch will be non-verbal?! 8O

And since most of the pooches out there have been vaccinated,
I'd say the evidence supports vaccines causing ADHD.
:wink: It's even been documented!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 3:28 pm

I sincerely hope these people get rabies.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 12:35 pm

I knew this was going to happen. Apparently anti-vaxxers are fearful that their dogs will turn into cats. So what happens when a cat gets vaccinated?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 6:38 am

Its dumb enough to believe that ...a human...mother to be...getting vaxed...would get an autistic baby.

But even anti vaxers (at least until now) never claimed that an already born adult person who had been NT lifelong...would suddenly BECOME autistic from a vaccination. :lol:

That would be stupidity squared.

But these folks are afraid that ...adult normal dogs...will BECOME "autistic" (whatever that would mean in canine terms) from getting the standard rabies vax?

Thats stupidity cubed.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 16 Sep 2023, 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 6:41 am

"Neurotypical" in dogs is similar to neurotypical in humans. Whereas NT in cats is similar to aspergers in humans.

Its a proven fact that...when dogs get vaxxed they started acting like cats, and when cats get vaxed they start acting like dogs. :lol:

Post script: I just now learned from Doubly that "all dogs are not NT, but have ADHD (like all cats are aspie)".
I stand corrected! :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 6:57 am

Double Retired wrote:
They're afraid their pooch will be non-verbal?! 8O

And since most of the pooches out there have been vaccinated,
I'd say the evidence supports vaccines causing ADHD.
:wink: It's even been documented!

Well...many dog owners are like Jimmy Stewert's character here, and have dogs that DO talk to them. So can you blame them for being afraid that their pets will become nonverbal?

https://youtu.be/VvfXvW2wsuQ

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2023, 6:36 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I knew this was going to happen. Apparently anti-vaxxers are fearful that their dogs will turn into cats. So what happens when a cat gets vaccinated?

Cats are smart. They find a way to say Thank You

Suicidal_Vampire
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2023, 12:33 pm

Not me, diagnosing my dog with autism so I won't be the only one in my family who has it.

"Really? I'd like to meet him."

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2023, 11:32 am

Honestly, I think autistic people should be afraid of anti-vaxxers, not the other way around. We're just minding our own business while anti-vaxxers routinely demonize us.

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2023, 8:32 am

This is hilarious but also quite sad and concerning.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2023, 8:00 am

carlos55 wrote:
Sounds so dumb to be unbelievable

Then again goes into the wider issue of isolated lonely people NT treating their pets as human babies.

I wish it just were isolated and lonely people, I see it in people that have no apparent need for more friends as well. I think it's more of a stupid people that don't understand evolution thing than anything else.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2024, 9:47 pm

Anti-vaxxers are very paranoid.