Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2023, 11:02 am

Someone once said that "star 69 was the only good thing to come out of the Nineties".

And it is useful. Dial star and then 6 and 9 and you can get the phone number of that last person who called you on your landline.

But lately when I try to use it I get a voice saying "sorry. You only get star 69 request at a time. Please disable the previous request".

It started when I hung up in the middle of getting a 69 report by mistake. That might have confused the poor workings of the phone system. But whatever caused it... I dont know how to undo it. Anyone know?

I guess I could try calling the provider.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2023, 7:23 pm

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2023, 10:22 am

There were other good things that came out of the 90s.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, for example.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2023, 6:36 pm

And "the Humpty Dance".

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2023, 10:22 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Someone once said that "star 69 was the only good thing to come out of the Nineties".

And it is useful. Dial star and then 6 and 9 and you can get the phone number of that last person who called you on your landline.

But lately when I try to use it I get a voice saying "sorry. You only get star 69 request at a time. Please disable the previous request".

It started when I hung up in the middle of getting a 69 report by mistake. That might have confused the poor workings of the phone system. But whatever caused it... I dont know how to undo it. Anyone know?

I guess I could try calling the provider.

I think some of those codes are defunct or depend on your carrier. POPCORN is another staple that only some people have access too.
*67 still works though.
Not sure if 00 still does (AT&T double 0 info, anyone?)

Edit: I went looking to see if POPCORN was still up. Turns out its a northern California thing? Did nobody else in the US have this? You'd just dial POP-CORN (767-2676) and it would give you the time. It was a life saver for power outages. I think for a short time it also had weather announcements.