Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Sep 2023, 1:26 pm

Hi guys

Hope you are all doing well

I have been looking for a work from home job for 3 months and have not been lucky

I have applied for data entry and online tutoring but the company that was supposed to give me a job wasn't able to due to my citizenships

And it's been a pain just getting things straightened up with them, varsity tutors is the company's name

I have a very old 2008 MacBook pro aluminum body running Ubuntu

I am learning python little by little because my brain does not like to stay still and I start reading but then 2 minutes later I my brain just wanders into everything and nothing.

Just wondering if there are any other options rather than data entry for working from home or a job that will accept a python noob just to train and learn as I work?

Please, no customer service because I don't like being yelled at by strangers, already tried it and it was very stressful to be insulted and yelled at by customers.

I can only work using my old laptop, sadly, and am completely broke and desperate because I want to pay my debts which are just piling up and getting worse and worse.

Thank you

GeekyFreak
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2023, 8:13 pm

No customer service and little computer experience makes that really difficult. I won't say never because you never know but I haven't seen anything that isn't sales/ customer service or dealing with computers that doesn't require a degree or years of experience.

Had an interview today that looked like it would fit your description but they decided to do the old switcharoo and make it an unpaid internship. If only expeeience could pay rent and utilities.

Can you make it to on site positions? Some only deal with your crew and not the gen public.

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Sep 2023, 10:21 pm

Thank you geefyfreak

I don't have a vehicle anymore so it would be kind of hard to get anything person to person and I know it sounds like an excuse but I do prefer using my own stuff to move around

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 12:31 am

Yes, customer service is really hard. My job took on more and more customer service so I decided to retire early!
Fortunately I have a lot of money saved up! Plus I was married long enough to collect benefits!

I have a tricycle though I haven't ridden it for years. Would a bicycle be an option for getting around?

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2023, 11:12 am

A bycicle would work if I had one

I have been applying daily and I do hope things get better

I mean if it is for you it will happen, right?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 11:15 am

Good luck with your job hunt, OP.

The jobs market can be difficult to navigate, particularly for autistic folk so you are doing well to even try.

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2023, 11:21 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

The jobs market can be difficult to navigate, particularly for autistic folk so you are doing well to even try.

Yeah it's been rough

And the options seem very limited moreso for people like me who have a hard time working in a team

Hope things do get better

Thank you

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 11:22 am

elgat0verde wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Yeah it's been rough

And the options seem very limited moreso for people like me who have a hard time working in a team

Hope things do get better

Thank you

No worries.

Best wishes. :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2023, 1:10 pm

If you could go someplace maybe you could get a job assembling bicycles. Garden centers need someone to take care of the plants. I have some friends who have made a living taking care of roses in well to do neighborhoods.

elgat0verde
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Sep 2023, 6:00 pm

I will look into it, thank you!

nomad48
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2023, 5:21 pm

Williams Sonoma & Majorel are two of the easier work from home places to get hired, it can lead to stress overload as it's talking to people on the phone non-stop.